• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
why is there a tv

I think it is because that is their "logo"
logo.png

Gav47

Giantbomb daily dota showmatch (GAF vs daily dota crew) is on for tomorrow at 5 PM PST. I'll let you guys know where it's being streamed as soon as they give us the info. If you have a GB subscription, you can simply watch it through there though.

You don't need a subscription to watch it live only for the archived version on the site but the VOD should be up on twitch anyway.

Seriously though how does he ride a log. Is there an engine?

The same way Blotto rides his stick, magic. Beaver magic.

shira

I have like 10 summer chests, should I buy keys for them all?

And which HUD do I buy, tired of compendium one. Malice and dragon one I like the most..
I've got 10 of these lockless lunchboxes things from ti3. I bought 10 ti3 keys from a seller and none of the keys even work on them. I tried deleting them but you can't delete stuff no more. Volvo disbando

Was this a joke? Don't bust my balls
No. 진짜
http://m.imgur.com/e93Qr4o

domstah

Riot made a video about Teamwork. Few odd stats in there, but overall decent video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugXC7g3p0JU

That was a really good video - my key take away was the part on focus - if your focus is blaming your teammates then you aren't focused on the game like the enemy team are, so the situation just gets worse. They should do a DotA version you have to watch as part of the tutorial.

Mind you what does it say about the community that LoL has to make that video in the first place :\

That HUD is disgusting. It actually has an image of the beaver on it?!?!

And the TV - sure it's their logo I guess, but ehhhhhhhhhhh.

Not sure if I open any of my summer chests. Traded for the Evildoer which I had liked since it first appeared on the workshop. Not many other standouts. Wavecutter for Slark and maybe the NP staff. Everything else is meh.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
GIANTBOMB UPDATE: Sorry guys, the daily dota crew has rescheduled once again, the showmatch will not be held tomorrow; it will hopefully be on either Friday or Saturday (this week). I'll let you know more once I get the exact time.

edit: Showmatch will be this Saturday (9/14) at 3:30 PM PST.

Haunted

Giantbomb daily dota showmatch (GAF vs daily dota crew) is on for tomorrow at 5 PM PST. I'll let you guys know where it's being streamed as soon as they give us the info. If you have a GB subscription, you can simply watch it through there though.

fuck yeah

GIANTBOMB UPDATE: Sorry guys, the daily dota crew has rescheduled once again, the showmatch will not be held tomorrow; it will hopefully be on either Friday or Saturday (this week). I'll let you know more once I get the exact time.
Clearly, Brad is trying to get some pros to play with him, Kessler and Crispy.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
OK, so the Giantbomb showmatch is officially set for this Saturday (9/14) at 3:30 PM PST. Hopefully they don't cancel on us anymore.

sibarraz

Banned
Where could I watch all the huds that are avaliable on dota?

I want to see a preview of them in the internet to see if I purchase one, since I got bored of the compendium one too (Even though I appreciate it more than before)

edit: Showmatch will be this Saturday (9/14) at 3:30 PM PST.

damn it i'll be out and i don't have a giantbomb pro account

EGM92

Having a serious problem that I can't seem to fix. Everything was working great this morning then I came back a couple of hours later, attempted to play a game and it told me my client was out of date and needed to be updated. So I exit out of the game and it does nothing.

I checked the file integrety of the client and everything checks out fine. I've even deleted the game multiple times and redownloaded it resulting in the exact same issue.

Anyone know of a fix for this?

Haunted

OK, so the Giantbomb showmatch is officially set for this Saturday (9/14) at 3:30 PM PST. Hopefully they don't cancel on us anymore.
tell ellen pudge so he isn't late this time

Having a serious problem that I can't seem to fix. Everything was working great this morning then I came back a couple of hours later, attempted to play a game and it told me my client was out of date and needed to be updated. So I exit out of the game and it does nothing.

I checked the file integrety of the client and everything checks out fine. I've even deleted the game multiple times and redownloaded it resulting in the exact same issue.

I would've said the obvious and check if you've enabled auto-updating in the properties, but if you've redownloaded it already... just try again later, it can be spotty during patch time. Also restart Steam if you haven't already. Reinstalling Steam should be a last resort (requires a manual backup of your other games).

Shepard

I got the same thing. Had to exit and reenter the steam app, then it started downloading the patch.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm not at home so I can't link to it, but on the front page of the dota 2 sub reddit should have a fix for it. I think it was something silly like rename a folder .

Shinypogs

I need to watch vids of other people playing dark seer. Hit a wall of losses and some of them I know are at least partially my fault. In particular when laning with other people I will pretty much always get the majority of the last hits with ion shell or move the lane up too early by accident with it. In my most recent game I was trying to protect PA and zone out riki and sniper (lol). I could keep Riki at a distance with shell on myself or creeps but in doing so I often ended up moving the wave up and getting a lot of the last hits.

Also wtf do I do about sniper as dark seer? I mean most ranged people are pains in the ass but I can deal with them, usually by placing shell on their ranged creep which keeps them far enough back to not be a nuisance. Sniper always seems to find a way to be right where I don't fucking want him.

JustinBB7

I need to watch vids of other people playing dark seer. Hit a wall of losses and some of them I know are at least partially my fault. In particular when laning with other people I will pretty much always get the majority of the last hits with ion shell or move the lane up too early by accident with it. In my most recent game I was trying to protect PA and zone out riki and sniper (lol). I could keep Riki at a distance with shell on myself or creeps but in doing so I often ended up moving the wave up and getting a lot of the last hits.

Also wtf do I do about sniper as dark seer? I mean most ranged people are pains in the ass but I can deal with them, usually by placing shell on their ranged creep which keeps them far enough back to not be a nuisance. Sniper always seems to find a way to be right where I don't fucking want him.

Sniper has a passive that gives him a huge range advantage. It's hard to do anything as Dark Seer to him in the laning stage.

Extends the attack range of Sniper's rifle.
Range Bonus: 75/150/225/300

Notes:

Total range: 625/700/775/850
Level 3 and 4 of this ability allow Sniper to out-range towers.

850 total range, in comparison Drow Ranger's attack range is 625, and she goes pretty far, but Sniper can stand away much further to attack.

shira

Ish'khafel should jungle or solo offlane. Anyone stuck with ds will have a hard time last hitting
I got the same thing. Had to exit and reenter the steam app, then it started downloading the patch.
I always have to do this. Does your steam auto dl

NBtoaster

Dark Seer kind of sucks in a dual lane. He's mostly played solo.

EGM92

Thanks guys, tried all that, nothing helped. I turned off my PC, just let it sit for 30min then booted it back up, loaded steam then about 5min later it updated :\

BACK TO DOTA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom