• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinypogs

Ty for your thoughts and advice guys. I shall continue attempting to nail down Dark Seer before going back to clockwerk and then on to idk enigma or someone else interesting looking. I wish it was easier to judge when I was making progress, sometimes I have great games where I get decent kills and setup things well for teammates with vaccum + wall or a well timed surge and other time it feels like I can't make a right decision to save my or someone else's life.

Hung_real

Found this on EE stream

YnbEpd8.png

Hot damn his fans are amazing

Razzer

Ty for your thoughts and advice guys. I shall continue attempting to nail down Dark Seer before going back to clockwerk and then on to idk enigma or someone else interesting looking. I wish it was easier to judge when I was making progress, sometimes I have great games where I get decent kills and setup things well for teammates with vaccum + wall or a well timed surge and other time it feels like I can't make a right decision to save my or someone else's life.

Seeing as you seem to like heroes that fit the solo offlane role well, try Timbersaw. I have played two bot matches with him and enjoyed so i just tried him in a pub for the first time. solo vs bounty hunter and shadow shaman and i left my lane with 4 kills thanks to a couple of handy ganks from my mate on spirit breaker. From there you can just snowball into a whirling ball of death. Me and our storm spirit were just wrecking face so much it was a stomp. He is really fun so i suggest you try him.

Boken

Banned
That was a really good video - my key take away was the part on focus - if your focus is blaming your teammates then you aren't focused on the game like the enemy team are, so the situation just gets worse. They should do a DotA version you have to watch as part of the tutorial.

Mind you what does it say about the community that LoL has to make that video in the first place :\

hannah-montana-gif-o.gif

Having a serious problem that I can't seem to fix. Everything was working great this morning then I came back a couple of hours later, attempted to play a game and it told me my client was out of date and needed to be updated. So I exit out of the game and it does nothing.

I checked the file integrety of the client and everything checks out fine. I've even deleted the game multiple times and redownloaded it resulting in the exact same issue.

Anyone know of a fix for this?

For anyone else that hasn't solved this there is an easy fix.

Go to your Steam folder and delete everything except for Steamapps Folder (which are your games), and Steam.exe. Once you delete them, double click Steam.exe and Steam will redownload all the files and update your game.

shira

For anyone else that hasn't solved this there is an easy fix.

Go to your Steam folder and delete everything except for Steamapps Folder (which are your games), and Steam.exe. Once you delete them, double click Steam.exe and Steam will redownload all the files and update your game.

Or you can just change your download city. That's a lot easier.

I just did the greatest thing ever.

Playing as Rubick, was dewarding bot rune, i spot faceless headed towards me.

RIGHT as he timewalks on me, I forcestaff myself away, he uses chrono and whiffs it.

I turn around, and steal chrono, just as wisp relocates on top of me with bounty hunter.

I use chrono on both of them and my team and I kill all three of them.

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS GLORIOUS!

http://dotabuff.com/matches/306883087

Atlantis

I proudly present the worst game of Dota you will ever see. We spent an hour trying to beat three damn people. No Blink/Force on Batrider and a team with absolutely no idea what to do against BKB and right click was so frustrating. I actually feel like I carried the game as Shadow Demon, which is hilarious.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/306890966

As a plus, Shadow Demon was so much fun. Love how seemingly effective he is against the "pubstompers", at least if your team is competent.

Ketch

Had a mythical courier drop from hitting level 8. It's a snow owl, named snowl. It's pretty cool. The item description talks about the moon god and stuff and I was playing Mirana when I got it, coincidence? Or is Mirana my new favorite hero? You decide.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Had a mythical courier drop from hitting level 8. It's a snow owl, named snowl. It's pretty cool. The item description talks about the moon god and stuff and I was playing Mirana when I got it, coincidence? Or is Mirana my new favorite hero? You decide.
Hi Ketch, you should add me.

Also I like that one.

shira

from EE's stream said:
9vbsK54.png

Eternal Envy-sama who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy mouse,
thy mercy come,
thy draft be done,
in matchmaking, as it is in captains.
Give us this day our daily DotA,
and forgive us our inferior tactics,
as we have also forgiven those less skilled.
And lead us not into fanboyism,
but deliver us #TI4.
Amen

Razzer

RIGHT as he timewalks on me, I forcestaff myself away, he uses chrono and whiffs it.

I turn around, and steal chrono, just as wisp relocates on top of me with bounty hunter.

You should send that to dotacinema, it sounds awesome.

Demoli

Sometimes, I really hate Dota.

6GS6nsZ.png

The visage and Venge games were stupidly large throws by the respective carries, god sometimes this really gets you down.

ElyrionX

Yesterday I had a game where our Alchemist bought a fucking Midas and was jungling nonstop while 4 of us were getting raped by the 5 of them. We put up with it for a while because we were expecting him to carry in late game but even when they were aggressively pushing mid he continued to jungle until all 4 of us were killed. He came back to mid alone and got raped and we lost the rax. He did the exact same thing during the next push when we lost the ancient. Not a single word said throughout despite our pleas. Fuck.

And then the other game I had, we were facing four carries and a VS. Sounds easy right? Of course, as fate would have it, we had two Russian carries on our team. It was literally 5v3 the entire game.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Good play up until the last part where instead of killing all 3 you died, your teammates killed Void and then Wisp and Bounty relocated back to safety. The force staff and steal was #bigplays, but if you would have hit Void with his own Chrono it might have been highlight worthy. :)

Wunder

Good play up until the last part where instead of killing all 3 you died, your teammates killed Void and then Wisp and Bounty relocated back to safety. The force staff and steal was #bigplays, but if you would have hit Void with his own Chrono it might have been highlight worthy. :)

Void doesn't get affected by stolen chronos

Acinixys

Im really hating DotA at the moment

Ive hit a point where im getting matched with people with a much higher skill level than me almost 100% of the time, which means im losing a lot more than im winning

I have 600 or so wins, and was matched vs a team with over 1400 each

Their slark went mid vs our pudge and was 16/0 at 15 minutes

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Number of wins means very little, if you're getting matched with them then the game thinks you're good enough to be with them (unless either of you are queuing with higher/lower players that mess things up a little).

Randdalf

Ive hit a point where im getting matched with people with a much higher skill level than me almost 100% of the time, which means im losing a lot more than im winning

1400 wins is not an indicator of skill level it just means they've played a lot more games.

demented

Trade me your problem please :p

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sometimes, I really hate Dota.

6GS6nsZ.png

The visage and Venge games were stupidly large throws by the respective carries, god sometimes this really gets you down.

Sometimes I have streaks of the easiest games of my life:
ezgamezlif.jpg

The game I was Madusa/Tide I was solo and basically complete stomps:

The Tiny/Viper/BH game were played with my buddy pat and I think he must be falling down really far into the trench once he started playing some games on his own.

Highlight of my BH game.

First Blooding Bad Players: http://www.twitch.tv/drkirby/c/2917844

About to do my first training match vs humans. Kind of nervous, not sure I'm ready for it. Couldn't kill shit in the bot matches :(

How do you deny creeps?

Kreunt

Banned
About to do my first training match vs humans. Kind of nervous, not sure I'm ready for it. Couldn't kill shit in the bot matches :(

How do you deny creeps?

a-click them when their health is low.

don't be nervous about it, you should get matched up with other shitty players anyway.
if anyone is abusive just open the player list and mute/report them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom