• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, they did say at TI3 garrad would be event exclusive, so I don't think he is coming back. Now luck boxes, those should be coming back soon, and the salt will fly.

shira

My understanding is that when the pokeballs come back, so will the garrad's. They said at TI3 that that stuff will be back in stock in October or so. Unless plans have changed, it's just a matter of time. Which is why it suprises me that prices for this stuff are so high. It's inevitable that the lockless stuff will be in a fair abundance in a matter of weeks...and yet here we are watching people pay literally hundreds for some of those items. idk.

It doesn't look very cool. Prolly depends on how big Finol's ego is.

42t5Isc.jpg

Dat Bulldog is such a joker.

Well, they did say at TI3 garrad would be event exclusive, so I don't think he is coming back. Now luck boxes, those should be coming back soon, and the salt will fly.

Can't wait to pick up a $10 shadow blade.

Well, they did say at TI3 garrad would be event exclusive, so I don't think he is coming back.
they did? I wasn't aware of that.

Now luck boxes, those should be coming back soon, and the salt will fly.
I'm not sure why any salt would fly. Unless people have somehow been under the false impression that they weren't going to restock their merch (lol?), I've just assumed people have been paying 10x-20x the value of these items simply to be the first on the block to have them. Which is fucking silly...but it's how things have gone, so whatevs. Can't be salty about paying more than $10-$20 for items that were and will be easily obtainable for $10-$20 some weeks later. The thirst is real, and when in the desert, you pay more for a cup of water.

KingKong

Valve is being so weird this last month it's hard to predict

what's going on behind the walls of the Dota team I wonder. It's been really quiet.

I dont want to sound like a nut but they told PC Gamer that Legion Commander was coming at official release and even had an untextured LC portrait as a teaser in that fantasy team blog post in July, so it is weird that a month after TI3 Cyborg Matt is making a post saying not to expect her for a while (and I dont think thats just his speculation)

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Maybe we'll get that 840 MB patch!!!

edit: anyway, there will have to be a patch of some sort I imagine, considering we have a new chest and an old one expiring in the next couple days.

JustinBB7

We don't even get Blog posts anymore. It doesn't make any sense.

This bothers me the most, no communication at all. If they would just post on the blog, hey guys, we're working on this and that, but it will be another week/month etc.

That would help a lot. Right now we're just guessing every time.

Randdalf

We don't even get Blog posts anymore. It doesn't make any sense.

Well they can't make blog posts when there's nothing much to blog post about. All their previous posts (excluding TI3 stuff) have been about stuff they've recently added to the game, and I don't think that a few new cosmetics merits that level of attention.

Arkanius

Well they can't make blog posts when there's nothing much to blog post about. All their previous posts (excluding TI3 stuff) have been about stuff they've recently added to the game, and I don't think that a few new cosmetics merits that level of attention.

Tournaments, what Valve is going to do in the future, etc etc etc
They fail in the communication department

Sad, man. Volvo, why hast thou forsaken us.

they're transitioning Dota 2 into the long term support system they did for TF2. Less frequent, but larger updates. A smaller team, more focus on bugs, fixing art assets and non-hero content.

This is just the awkward stage between release and long term support. TF2 had the same thing, but it didn't have such an extensive beta. Maybe the extensive beta was a bad idea, it got people used to major updates every week when that isn't feasible at all going forward.

Arkanius

they're transitioning Dota 2 into the long term support system they did for TF2. Less frequent, but larger updates. A smaller team, more focus on bugs, fixing art assets and non-hero content.

This is just the awkward stage between release and long term support. TF2 had the same thing, but it didn't have such an extensive beta. Maybe the extensive beta was a bad idea, it got people used to major updates every week when that isn't feasible at all going forward.

Except it's pathetic for them to be doing this.
The game is far from finished and the major bug fixes list is still huge.

Randdalf

Yah. I could see lots of heroes being released simultaneously being lots of fun. My friend says that they should release unfinished heroes as early as possible on the test client so bugs are ironed out more quickly, but that could just as equally lead to people getting impatient with heroes available on the test client but not the main client.

shira

Likely, they are still going for $160.

TI3 Item market isn't dead yet. Valve still needs to ship the items!

Prices will be high if not higher as the uninformed stagger, but demand will not be as rampant. The re-sellers know their shit, that's food on their table.

Likely, they are still going for $160.

TI3 Item market isn't dead yet. Valve still needs to ship the items!

Selling for or priced at? There are idiots selling treasure keys for $200.
edit lol 3 sold at $165

Karakand

I want the chaos knight items, but I don't think I'd ever dare wearing that thing in public.

it would give you all the reason in the world to say his (its?) responses irl

get in your car - "chaos rides"
going spelunking - "we descend into chaos"
paper cut at work - "how quickly chaos spreads"
nato bombs syria - "ahead armageddon"
sculpting class at night school - "taste my cudgel"
bringing a romantic partner home - "fall on your knees and lament"
getting your airline pilot friend fired - "now you exist on one less plane"
etc.

Boken

Banned
plz blizzard let me in to hearthstone beta

arent you a dota player? why would you want to play a game designed for CASUALS?

as a dota player you clearly care about the pure roots and heritage of a game. Card hunter has the creators of magic the gathering as design consultants. thats PURE

you probably play dota because it has more DEPTH and STRATEGY right? well in card hunter you can move your pieces to OUTSMART your enemy. you cant out manuever your enemys minions in hearthstone. theres just less strategy.

theres only one choice.
www.cardhunter.com
(it also has an extensive single player mode)

what's the best way to use clock's cogs?
During lower levels you use to trap so your allies can attack and that's when you are very strong due to your battery assault being at least 3. Later in the game when your ulti is higher level you have time to move slightly away from them after you hit your ulti in which you then cog so they get hit by at least one cog, most times more cause a lot of people underestimate how close they can get to the cogs and end up running into them more lol. It also depends on lineups but in too lazy to get into all that.

Saprol

as a dota player you clearly care about the pure roots and heritage of a game. Card hunter has the creators of magic the gathering as design consultants. thats PURE
CH kinda laggy since I woke up today. Should have went for a launch queue to ease server impact. Valve always thinking ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom