• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/308085708

Never thought I would be able to cause ragequits with a Meepo. Jugg got incredibly greedy on Jakiro, he was spinning, and I was whacking him with Geostrike, and as he tried to ring-around-the-rosie the tower on us. I killed him, almost got Lifestealer too, Jakiro and I both survived.

Pudge has counters?

Everyone with an escape. Slark (purges dismember + pounce, etc.), QoP who blinks and wins the lane anyway, Weaver (lol) and Bane and Beastmaster - single target disables that ruin you. Bane and BM less so but still.

Also - the trench really comes out in the early morning off-hours. Should probably just not play at this time. Last game we had a Luna with two mantles of intelligence and a perseverance. Just what? Oh and a spot on Shadow Demon that was disrupting the completely wrong people.

RS4-

ive fallen so bad :( 39 wins up from 50% to 19 :(

and now high bracket doesnt escape the trench. last match got fucked up by a last pick blood goddamit.

I was up at 53%, I think I was +70 something. Then I lost maybe 10 out of my next 12 lol.

:(

Not that I really mind, been playing with a friend who is still new.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Has anyone seen this before? An earthshaker used his q move and a quelling blade to funnel all the creeps into this prison within the trees (he'd stand and block the way until creeps came again). This allowed his lane partner to get easy xp and then when he unleashed the horde of creeps, it was insanity.

I've never seen anything like it before. Insanity. Still won though.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/308168688

(if you want to watch the replay)

You can get out of Dismember with Dark Pact/purge? Not Pounce though right?

Yeah his Q will purge dismember. Pounce is just annoying because if he's fast or has better latency he can get out of the way of your hook. Also works on lasso if you didn't know. Pretty much the self-only version of Abaddon's shield.

Arkanius

Has anyone seen this before? An earthshaker used his q move and a quelling blade to funnel all the creeps into this prison within the trees (he'd stand and block the way until creeps came again). This allowed his lane partner to get easy xp and then when he unleashed the horde of creeps, it was insanity.

I've seen that on Reddit.
It's an horrible strategy because the lane gets way WAY too pushed

Is Pudges ulti guaranteed if he hooks someone and does it fast enough? Even if they're mashing on a Euls or some other instant escape? I had a Pudge who kept getting stunned by Tiny after hooking him which doesn't see right.

why do they even bother putting up shirts if they sell out in a few hours. I heard traders bought 20-50 of them hoping to turn a profit :/

They need limits on these things. Two or three. No legit person will ever order 20 shirts.

What else are you gonna give out on christmas?
I'm actually scared about when they add the blind balls back to the store. Chances are they'll sell out in minutes...

Now I've grabbed exclusive low print stuff from the Valve store twice now (a 200 count Sandvich replica and a 1000 count Red Pyro Action Figure), but I don't like the odds of a third time...

My plan is to buy 5 + a NP plushy. Not for the silly items, those are just a bonus (I don't even play NP... or even any of the heroes the blind box items are for except Nyx). I want a Tidehunter or Earthshaker for my desk. I figure, out of five, I'd get at least one Tide or ES... hopefully.

JustinBB7

Is Pudges ulti guaranteed if he hooks someone and does it fast enough? Even if they're mashing on a Euls or some other instant escape? I had a Pudge who kept getting stunned by Tiny after hooking him which doesn't see right.

Tiny's passive gives a mini stun, I'm not sure if that procs from Hook/Ulti though. But that might be related.

we successfully pulled it off as soon as the "strat" hit reddit.
Funniest shit ever, the creeps just ROLLED over the lvl 1 drow and Skywrath that was in the lane and we proceeded to take the top 2 towers.

2 or 3 games later someone tried it on us and it didnt work out so well for them.

Just noticed the store description for Justin Beaver was changed to Woodchopper. GG

Razzer

You guys need to play some elder titan. Best hero in game

He really is ridiculous in his ability to initiate from a safe distance and I've seen what happens when you steal a lot of damage. His abilities mean he can play in any lane and any role except 5 pretty much. That versatility is very good for pubs and competitive.

Arkanius

His aura is so good, but the range is so small that I feel like I die too quickly whenever I'm in range for it to do anything :/
He's weirdly squishy for a strength hero

The Spirit carries the aura as well
I have been playing him lately.

Initiate (with your team mates) by using Astral Spirit from afar. Then queue Stomp + Ultimate.
After that you call back the aura and go kill the shit out of everyone with your new 150 attack power.

Artanisix

He's a right click God, I think he's a better midgame carry than most other carries. Plus he has gosu counter initiation. I really wouldn't worry about leveling your stomp until 10, you won't really need it in clashes until then.

Procarbine and I crushed two trilanes in a row with Elder Titan + support hero. His spirit is crazy good.

shira

Eternal Envy-sama who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy mouse,
thy mercy come,
thy draft be done,
in matchmaking, as it is in captains.
Give us this day our daily DotA,
and forgive us our inferior tactics,
as we have also forgiven those less skilled.
And lead us not into DDOS,
but deliver us #TI4.
Amen

iRCNllmh57FYd.gif

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
ive fallen so bad :( 39 wins up from 50% to 19 :(

and now high bracket doesnt escape the trench. last match got fucked up by a last pick blood goddamit.

Um, why be upset? Bloodseeker is the best. I'm 14-2 with him since the bloodrage/rupture buff.

And also yes, I am an ET believer after those back to back trilane obliterations. He gets so much free damage it's hilarious. Give him some disable in lane and he just goes to town.

Arkanius

He's a right click God, I think he's a better midgame carry than most other carries. Plus he has gosu counter initiation. I really wouldn't worry about leveling your stomp until 10, you won't really need it in clashes until then.

Procarbine and I crushed two trilanes in a row with Elder Titan + support hero. His spirit is crazy good.

Holy shit.
Elder Titan + KOTL in the lane.

I'm crying already from all that spam.

Razzer

Um, why be upset? Bloodseeker is the best. I'm 14-2 with him since the bloodrage/rupture buff.

And also yes, I am an ET believer after those back to back trilane obliterations. He gets so much free damage it's hilarious. Give him some disable in lane and he just goes to town.

The only pub where I've had an ET on my team I went offlane with him with Clockwerk. We absolutely dominated. I kept them close and he kept pummeling them, it was so good.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Titan love warms my cockles. I love you guys sometimes.

The backlog on shippable sets is getting really big

if Valve doesn't do something, the workshop backlog will be so massive it runs the risk of discouraging people from making items.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

if Valve doesn't do something, the workshop backlog will be so massive it runs the risk of discouraging people from making items.
They already have heavily discouraged people from making individual items instead of sets due to only putting single items in chests for like a solid year.

They already have heavily discouraged people from making individual items instead of sets due to only putting single items in chests for like a solid year.

Yea, that too.

In the last year, they've added like 2 single items to the store, a PL Lance and a Sniper Rifle.

Which is a shame. They could make a bundle of one-off items and sell them as a "set" and probably do fine. Maybe make them themed slightly, so like a Lone Druid/Beastmaster/Lycan "Wild Spirits" bundle of one off items for them (there's a number of one off Druid and Lycan transformations and BM boars/hawks, which is why I brought that up specifically)

25 Dollars
Comes with a Druid True Form, a Lycan transformation, a set of Lycan Wolves, a Beast Master Hawk, a Beast Master Boar and some common bracers or whatever.

Watch the cash roll in.

bounchfx

it's pretty insane, honestly. I'm still making stuff but I have to say the anticipation is killer. Of course as soon as I decide to make single items they haven't put any in for over a month. X_X, got 6 in the queue ;_;.

here's hoping for a store update/chest today lol.

that being said I don't think the enchantress spear me and my buddy did got near enough love, I thought this one came out pretty good! To be fair I didn't really do the whole reddit/marketing thing anywhere ;\ http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173280108

shira

Yea, that too.

In the last year, they've added like 2 single items to the store, a PL Lance and a Sniper Rifle.

Which is a shame. They could make a bundle of one-off items and sell them as a "set" and probably do fine. Maybe make them themed slightly, so like a Lone Druid/Beastmaster/Lycan "Wild Spirits" bundle of one off items for them (there's a number of one off Druid and Lycan transformations and BM boars/hawks, which is why I brought that up specifically)

25 Dollars
Comes with a Druid True Form, a Lycan transformation, a set of Lycan Wolves, a Beast Master Hawk, a Beast Master Boar and some common bracers or whatever.

Watch the cash roll in.
They prolly doing background checks on the modelers. They don't want to be giving millions of dollars to criminals.

Next week we get the results of the Nexon contest.

edit: oh bounchfx did you enter the Nexon contest? And did Valve do a background check on you before handing you those millions and millions of e-bux? Yap my steam dollars are ready - hit me with those couriers, can't wait

it's pretty insane, honestly. I'm still making stuff but I have to say the anticipation is killer. Of course as soon as I decide to make single items they haven't put any in for over a month. X_X, got 6 in the queue ;_;.

here's hoping for a store update/chest today lol.

that being said I don't think the enchantress spear me and my buddy did got near enough love, I thought this one came out pretty good! To be fair I didn't really do the whole reddit/marketing thing anywhere ;\ http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173280108

Yea, I got an Abaddon mount being worked on I helped concept and will be on the submission for when it's ready. It's just a mount, so its chances of getting in are close to none.
Which is kind of disappointing. Once a month accepting 9-10 one off items out of the hundreds of shippable ones submitted every month is not a good system.

Anyway, that summer crate is expiring today, so they'll at least probably add new items tonight to that new crate. I don't see them leaving the game without a monthly crate for very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom