• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

is it right nao?

team neogaf vs merleezy/GB
t1379197800z4.png

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What time does the Giant Bomb stream start and will it be sub only? I usually just watch the Daily Dota archived.

Hylian7

What time does the Giant Bomb stream start and will it be sub only? I usually just watch the Daily Dota archived.

5:30 PM Central time, so an hour and 15 minutes from now.

Merlini will be on the GB team. I will be doing stats and co-casting with AJ and Blackmoore.

I won't be streaming since I am doing stats, but check it out on AJ's channel.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Merlini will be on the GB team. I will be doing stats and co-casting with AJ and Blackmoore.

Thanks, can you gimme a link to that?

shira

Oooo shoutout to neogaf plz

Randdalf

aeolist

Banned
Doesn't Black just spend far too much time farming though? Perhaps he can improve his playstyle in China, but FATA basically said the reason they got so thoroughly roasted by Na'Vi during TI3 (for example) was because XBOCT would TP for every fight whilst Black would rather keep on farming.

it's a style that can work if the rest of the team is good enough to hold on until black is farmed

he can play more aggressively though, mouz had some games in that style

Nokterian

Very cool matches. Also kaci watched the second match,she really liked it bringing back those memories from TI3. And she also loved "IT'S YA BOY" name :p

Skab

Is spectator chat broken or what? I can see myself when I type, but I cannot see anyone else, nor can anyone see what I'm saying. It doesn't seem to just be anything on my end, since I know other people that have the same issue.

BigAT

Is it possible to watch replays of a private match I didn't play in if I have the match number? Do I need someone that was involved to send me the actual replay in order to do this?

sixghost

Guys, teach me to Chen please. He seems like a super fun hero.

If you just want to farm, grab a farming creep like a troll warlord, ursa bear or big satyr and clear camps while stacking a hard camp as many times as possible. This whole time you should be looking for an eagle. Then use the whirlwind to clear the stack once you've stacked it 3 or 4 times.

If you want to gank, grab a centaur or troll. If you want to push, grab creeps with good auras like a centaur(attack speed), an eagle (+3 armor), the big satyr (+4 hp regen and good nuke), or an alpha wolf (+30% damage).

Chen falls off late game, but you can still make yourself useful by grabbing creeps like an alpha wolf or a frost ogre. If you're up against a melee carry like lifestealer or sven, Getting 2 or 3 troll creeps can make a huge difference since the net goes through bkb.

So I was playing with against a team and a guy was playing Tinker and he did some stuff I've never seen, or knew was possible.

Somehow he was running away while using the March of the Machines, and he was running away from their (dire) mid tower and somehow made the machines come from left to right and right to left in quick succession while running back to base. These were lower than the tower (closer to the river) as he was running, not stopping, and they both hit one after another. This happened a few different times.

From my brief experience using that skill you have to move up quite a distance for it to activate. But he was using it at weird angles while not being anywhere near to where it came from.

Just wondering how that's possible?

To be honest it looked like cheating but it's probably just some tactic I'm not aware of.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So I was playing with against a team and a guy was playing Tinker and he did some stuff I've never seen, or knew was possible.

Somehow he was running away while using the March of the Machines, and he was running away from their (dire) mid tower and somehow made the machines come from left to right and right to left in quick succession while running back to base. These were lower than the tower (closer to the river) as he was running, not stopping, and they both hit one after another. This happened a few different times.

From my brief experience using that skill you have to move up quite a distance for it to activate. But he was using it at weird angles while not being anywhere near to where it came from.

Just wondering how that's possible?

To be honest it looked like cheating but it's probably just some tactic I'm not aware of.
Post match ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom