• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How would I find that btw? Sorry still new to Dota 2/mobas.

Click your name near the top left
In the panel on the right, go down and select view all games
Find the match you want and click "Match Details"
The match ID will be in the top left corner

Click your name near the top left
In the panel on the right, go down and select view all games
Find the match you want and click "Match Details"
The match ID will be in the top left corner

Again, excuse my noobness. Still learning but it just seemed weird and was probably just something I'm not aware of, or I'm just too tired and it seemed odd when in reality it was normal and we just got owned hard.

Still seemed strange at the time though.

solid mike

Does anyone remember Razor's old skill sets before he was reworked? I'm trying to compare them to see which one appears to be stronger.

Calidor

Again, excuse my noobness. Still learning but it just seemed weird and was probably just something I'm not aware of, or I'm just too tired and it seemed odd when in reality it was normal and we just got owned hard.

I havent seen the replay but sounds like he was shift queueing blink, MoM, rearm, etc

Shinypogs

Someone else picked dark seer so I had to play clockwerk again just now. I had completely forgotten how to play him and it took like half the game to stop trying to use surge whenever I spotted an ally fleeing something. He's not as fun as seer but I did enjoy the game despite losing in a semi base race. Successfully hooking onto elder titan only for him to kill me in like 3 hits was hilarious. Didn't do too badly score wise but I probably could have been more use overall if I had remembered what I was doing sooner. This is probably a sign that I need to start learning more heroes and practicing them. I forget who but someone suggested timbersaw next so I'll have to start cycling between dark seer, clock and timbersaw.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Does anyone remember Razor's old skill sets before he was reworked? I'm trying to compare them to see which one appears to be stronger.

To start with, Razor has had his current skills since at least 2009. Not really sure when he was reworked.

But Playdota has this

Frenzy
Increases attack speed for 20 seconds, at the cost of taking additional damage.

Level 1 - 25% increase, 5% damage taken increase.
Level 2 - 50% increase, 10% damage taken increase.
Level 3 - 75% increase, 15% damage taken increase.
Level 4 - 100% increase, 20% damage taken increase.

Cooldown: 40 seconds.

Level 1: 80 mana, 40 sec cooldown.
Level 2: 90 mana, 40 sec cooldown.
Level 3: 110 mana, 40 sec cooldown.
Level 4: 130 mana, 40 sec cooldown.

Chain Lightning
Hurls a bolt of damaging lightning at a target enemy that jumps to nearby enemies. Each jump deals less damage.

Level 1 - 75 damage, jumps 3 times.
Level 2 - 150 damage, jumps 5 times.
Level 3 - 225 damage, jumps 7 times.
Level 4 - 300 damage, jumps 9 times.

Cooldown: 11 seconds.

Level 1: 90 mana, 11 sec cooldown.
Level 2: 105 mana, 11 sec cooldown.
Level 3: 125 mana, 11 sec cooldown.
Level 4: 145 mana, 11 sec cooldown.

Unholy Fevor
Increases the movement speed and life regeneration rate of Razor.

Level 1 - 3% movement, 0.5 hp/sec regeneration bonus.
Level 2 - 5% movement, 1.0 hp/sec regeneration bonus.
Level 3 - 8% movement, 1.5 hp/sec regeneration bonus.
Level 4 - 10% movement, 2.0 hp/sec regeneration bonus.

Passive

Storm Seeker
Summons a storm that permanently follows Razor. Every few seconds, it strikes Razor's enemies with savage lightning bolts. Warning: As part of the leveling on this ability, your hero will be stunned for 0.01 seconds. Don't level it as you are teleporting away.

Level 1 - Deals 60 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 90 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 120 damage.

Passive

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1230792&postcount=11

Really a boring hero that could right click pretty well.

Xater

Disappointed the wasn't any post game stuff for the GAF vs GB game. I wanted hear how salty Brad was. Oh well, maybe on the podcast.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, looking though the patch notes to try and find when Razor was changed, I have realized 6.55 was likely the most significant patch to making Dota what it is today:
http://www.playdota.com/changelogs/6.55

1) Added Captains Mode to the game.
2) Made TP scroll what it is today. Before only one person could TP to a building at a time and it gave bonus armor. This made it where the entire team could TP to a single spot.
3) Added Glyph of Fortification
4) Gave BKB its scaling duration, and rehulled the recipe to be what it is today.
5) Added Dust, Magic Stick, and Phase Boots to the game
6) Added Windrunner and Kunnka, and Made Keeper of the Light and Enchantress what they are today.

That was October 7th 2008. So the 5th Anniversary of Captains mode is coming up soon!

Also, Razor was reworked in 6.60, which came out June 11, 2009.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Also, looking though the patch notes to try and find when Razor was changed, I have realized 6.55 was likely the most significant patch to making Dota what it is today:
http://www.playdota.com/changelogs/6.55

1) Added Captains Mode to the game.
2) Made TP scroll what it is today. Before only one person could TP to a building at a time and it gave bonus armor. This made it where the entire team could TP to a single spot.
3) Added Glyph of Fortification
4) Gave BKB its scaling duration, and rehulled the recipe to be what it is today.
5) Added Dust, Magic Stick, and Phase Boots to the game
6) Added Windrunner and Kunnka, and Made Keeper of the Light and Enchantress what they are today.

That was October 7th 2008. So the 5th Anniversary of Captains mode is coming up soon!

Also, Razor was reworked in 6.60, which came out June 11, 2009.
i.e. When Dota became a real competitive game.

shira

This is definitely the Razor that was present the last years I played Dota (2007- somewhere in 2009)

Yeah I have no idea how to play current Razor. The first time I tried him in Dota 2 I rushed radiance and was like, wtf.

Doesn't Black just spend far too much time farming though? Perhaps he can improve his playstyle in China, but FATA basically said the reason they got so thoroughly roasted by Na'Vi during TI3 (for example) was because XBOCT would TP for every fight whilst Black would rather keep on farming.
Yes and the Synderen hate was strong. Practice the hero. Ouch

lgd.int new roster

there's at least a lot of individual skill, hope they do well

im guessing:
1. black
2. 3.14cat
3. MiSeRyThEsLaYeR
4. Braxton
5. xFreedom
x has military service so that 5 is open?

Guys, teach me to Chen please. He seems like a super fun hero.

5 HotD

ha, just got invited to an anuxi fan club group on steam..

I did today too. I think someone was going through Anuxi's friendlist and inviting people from there -_-

What support do you guys think has the highest impact in the early/mid game?

Mmm aggressive or defensive? Visage definitely one, particularly in tri vs. tri. Outside of that scenario he's not nearly as strong. Also Venomancer, CM, KotL and Undying (also much better in trilanes). Maybe throw Lina in there too. Outside of the ones I mentioned anyone with a stun is decent. And if we're including junglers, Chen and Enchantress in capable hands are both very good.

The single strongest level 2 supports are probably CM and Veno though. Visage and Lina close behind I think.

Edit: Forgot about support Naga. Yeah she's definitely up there too.

Artanisix

Hope you guys enjoyed the GB games, thanks for the support everyone!
elder titan best hero in game

So hard to call because it really depends on your lineup and your enemy's lineup... but I want to say it's a toss up between Visage, Naga Siren, Crystal Maiden, and Spiritbreaker.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Someone else picked dark seer so I had to play clockwerk again just now. I had completely forgotten how to play him and it took like half the game to stop trying to use surge whenever I spotted an ally fleeing something. He's not as fun as seer but I did enjoy the game despite losing in a semi base race. Successfully hooking onto elder titan only for him to kill me in like 3 hits was hilarious. Didn't do too badly score wise but I probably could have been more use overall if I had remembered what I was doing sooner. This is probably a sign that I need to start learning more heroes and practicing them. I forget who but someone suggested timbersaw next so I'll have to start cycling between dark seer, clock and timbersaw.

Stop cycling the same heroes and start playing a different one every game. Read a guide beforehand if you're afraid.

It was pretty standard Tinker play from what I saw. Sometimes he would activate the march while looking behind him, so it would start a little closer to you (it always spawns behind his facing). That's about it. He rarely actually ran back to base, it was just a rearm into boots of travel into rearm/boots of travel, then he would come right back.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

spiritbreaker

he might not be the strongest lane support at early levels, but the hero changes the entire early/midgame mindset for the enemy team. You feel like nowhere is safe, especially without adequate wards (sometimes even with adequate wards), and his mere presence just subconsciously forces them to handhold and play back here and there.

Hung_real

spiritbreaker

he might not be the strongest lane support at early levels, but the hero changes the entire early/midgame mindset for the enemy team. You feel like nowhere is safe, especially without adequate wards (sometimes even with adequate wards), and his mere presence just subconsciously forces them to handhold and play back here and there.

beep beep boop boop does this much better

and hes actually gud in lane

shira

LGD.cn vs iG
http://dota2lounge.com/match?m=962
http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit
LIVE!
i6dwLrBhD8oOe.gif

Loser gets TongFu in Loser Bracket Final
t1379250000z1.png

ijqT2GoR7JSO7.jpg

Revengeance from Zhou would be so sweeeeet!

Winner gets Winner of Loser Bracket in Grand Final.

What control scheme do you guys use? Still struggling to make Active item and Ability use into a reflex. Its a bit better since I turned to

U I O P [ ] for abilities (what are abilities 4 and 5?)

And the 6-button grid with PgUp, PgDn, Delete etc for item use

Using Q for the chat wheel

Think I'll change to YGHJ for camera control, don;t much like using the mouse-to-edge for it because it moves so fast, and using middle-button and drag is a bit fiddly

I need something instead of Alt to use for Auto-use, since its a bit of a stretch for one hand between left-alt and UIOP etc. What buttons are you allowed to use to combine with the others?

Also, what does the Legacy tick-box do?

Boken

Banned
What control scheme do you guys use? Still struggling to make Active item and Ability use into a reflex. Its a bit better since I turned to

Think I'll change to YGHJ for camera control, don;t much like using the mouse-to-edge for it because it moves so fast, and using middle-button and drag is a bit fiddly

I need something instead of Alt to use for Auto-use, since its a bit of a stretch for one hand between left-alt and UIOP etc. What buttons are you allowed to use to combine with the others?

: (

Seance

Banned
You should have to pass a competency test to enter matchmaking. This fucking razor just went 1 - 25 as our only carry. It just ruins the game for everyone when someone is clearly so bad that they struggle to click shit in the shop.

shira

You should have to pass a competency test to enter matchmaking. This fucking razor just went 1 - 25 as our only carry. It just ruins the game for everyone when someone is clearly so bad that they struggle to click shit in the shop.

Don't play on weekends, doo many trunks.

ElyrionX

http://dotabuff.com/matches/310853133

Just had a really satisfying match. Saw my team already had Sniper and CK but said fuck it, and decided to pick PL. Then the other two guys picked Slark and TA. So we had 5 carries, lol pubs. Anyway the other team didn't capitalize and they had 4 carries + Lina. I went safe lane with TA and we were doing well against Lina and SB. But the other lanes were losing and soon we were something like 10 kills behind and under a lot of pressure. Despite having almost as many carries as us, they tried to build on the early momentum by pushing hard. We lost towers very quickly and lost T1 in mid.

But we were doing ok. We were generally coming out ahead in team fights and hence getting gold and xp. Just as we were closing the gap on them, kills-wise, TA decied to AFK in fountain. He got an abandonment and we lost the mid and bottom rax really quickly. But I was playing PL and goddamnit, I am good with PL and I wasn't about to give up the game (I never leave and never give up and teammates who like to say "end it please" annoy me the most). I carried the team and tanked the shit out of Huskar (who was being overly aggressive) and Sniper was doing a good job of shooting from all kinds of sneaky/safe positions. CK and Slark were not great but did a decent job of supporting us.

And then their SB had to go. It was safe to leave because of TA abandonment so he left, probably expecting a victory. It was 4v4 and the tide turned gradually. TA (who never DC-ed) came back and it was 5v4. It was hard to push with 2 lanes down but we were winning a lot of the team fights. We split push and CK managed to take top rax by himself while I was distracting them in mid and bottom. We then took mid and despite Riki and Huskar's best efforts to take down our exposed ancient, we managed to come out on top and take the victory.

Probably the best comeback I've had in Dota 2 and probably also the first time I've come back from 2 rax down in Dota 2.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

What in the hell have you done???

Legacy mode changes controls to all the old, obtuse, Dota 1 hotkeys (every hero's abilities are on different letters). Might actually be an improvement in your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom