• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Boken you gotta keep me updated on lcs this weekend brah

well im glad you asked, steve!

here is:
EbdKCfB.png
jeIy5tO.png
28ZgTp5.png
Ogud9NG.png
R4zBDGM.png
giTB4fs.png
Et5dtn0.png
217HXnb.png
q0UtF2K.png
wfwhhMM.png
jkvuAoB.png
QclT8e3.png
oYRwzGR.png
N2hF1bm.png

The League of Legends - 2013 World Championships OT - [LINK]

Looking at the schema we may be getting a Chaos Knight set with custom horse footprints and a custom tail (since CK's horse's tail is a particle) soon, they added support for it. There's a pretty popular CK set on the workshop, I wonder if it's for that. Helmets for CK can now also support custom particles, in case the contributor doesn't want to follow his eye sockets or something.

That doom sword has a custom particle

PL's Diffusal has a special particle for... you guessed it, using Diffusal blade.

The Manglewood NP staff has new particles

AM's Manta has particles, but chances are this is just for AM's natural weapon glow

Mistblade has custom particles

There's a new unusual for the new crate, seems like a trail of rubies from the description

That new chaos knight helmet has his eye glow out of every hole? That's going to look odd, but it's there. Cool mask too.

I know this is probably obvious, but AM's Manta will be in the crate as a set, much like the Riki blades from the previous crate.

They fixed some typos on the Nightwatcher's set for Skywrath. A LONG forgotten set they never shipped from way back in late June. Could be ready to go next week.

shira

Looking at the schema we may be getting a Chaos Knight set with custom horse footprints and a custom tail (since CK's horse's tail is a particle) soon, they added support for it. There's a pretty popular CK set on the workshop, I wonder if it's for that. Helmets for CK can now also support custom particles, in case the contributor doesn't want to follow his eye sockets or something.

That doom sword has a custom particle

PL's Diffusal has a special particle for... you guessed it, using Diffusal blade.

The Manglewood NP staff has new particles

AM's Manta has particles, but chances are this is just for AM's natural weapon glow

Mistblade has custom particles

There's a new unusual for the new crate, seems like a trail of rubies from the description

That new chaos knight helmet has his eye glow out of every hole? That's going to look odd, but it's there. Cool mask too.

I know this is probably obvious, but AM's Manta will be in the crate as a set, much like the Riki blades from the previous crate.

They fixed some typos on the Nightwatcher's set for Skywrath. A LONG forgotten set they never shipped from way back in late June. Could be ready to go next week.

I'd prefer if they saved the best particles for the IRL item codes.

But it kind of sucks that for the modelers that the look of the Unusual Courier effect is directly related to their income. The Wax Chest was amazing with tonnes of crazy effects, but the Mushroom chest and the Vermin chest are just eurghhh.

I'd prefer if they saved the best particles for the IRL item codes.

But it kind of sucks that for the modelers that the look of the Unusual Courier effect is directly related to their income. The Wax Chest was amazing with tonnes of crazy effects, but the Mushroom chest and the Vermin chest are just eurghhh.

Yea, but this crate has that golem and a bunch of neat items with unique effects.

Also that Skywrath set is really special. The contributor has gone practically to the top of Valve to get them to add it after it was accepted. It seems at least they know it exists now, but he shouldn't have had to go to am unrelated lead software engineer guy and the lady who is the head of contributor payments to both bug the Dota 2 team enough to actually add it. Kind of sad. Some Valve guy even gave him his card at some convention because of the set.

bounchfx

"thank god it isn't 90%"
doesn't mean that 75% is ok.

well, it's way better than 90% that's for sure! Plus Valve built the game, the workshop system, Steam, and helped foster and grow the community. I wouldn't complain if it was higher but as it is I think it's incredible that it exists at all. I'm really glad it does, because it's a win for everyone involved.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It really is odd that Valve only updated the Schema, but not the game itself. I almost wonder if they just flat out forgot to push the update.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It really is odd that Valve only updated the Schema, but not the game itself. I almost wonder if they just flat out forgot to push the update.

"Yo shit didn't we tell the intern to add a couple hats and bugfixes last week? He's really slacking on the dota updates."

"Yeah man people are whining, Gabe can we nab another free2pay intern from Seattle community college."

ElyrionX

I've got an extra Slayer's Glare which is a Common ward. Are wards worth more than other equipment? How likely is it that I will be able to trade it up for an Uncommon or perhaps even Rare equipment?

Tobe

ok so whats the deal with garrad the drywiz. 3 days ago ppl wanted drywiz and keys for murrisey now ppl are willing to 1:1. is drywiz price going up or something?

Duesy

Could you explain how shadow blade is used on Elder Titan? He doesn't really seem like a traditional SB hero.

He doesnt have a slow or stun outside of his ult so that combined with the movespeed from the spirit lets you chase and punch them more times. Plus shadowblade is the best item anyways.

Boken

Banned
Dear Gaf, when playing, and especially when stacking with Gaf, dont try to externalise your problems - stop looking for somebody to blame - chances are, a large part of you fucking up was your own fault too!

Low Tier
Dear Gaf, when playing, and especially when stacking with Gaf, dont try to externalise your problems - stop looking for somebody to blame - chances are, a large part of you fucking up was your own fault too!

boken are you saying you played with random gaffers but not with me i thought we had something special but you said you were busy because you were from australia but its ok i understand :)

shira

When I grow up I'm going to play for Bovine University

ElyrionX

I've been looking around Dota Lounge and it seems like prices all over the place. Quick questions:

1. When people ask for keys, do they mean ANY keys?

2. I look up the in-game store and the prices for many of the hero equipment and it seems like in many cases, it would be cheaper to buy keys from third parties and then use those keys to trade for the items I want on Dota Lounge. Am I missing something here?

I've been looking around Dota Lounge and it seems like prices all over the place. Quick questions:

1. When people ask for keys, do they mean ANY keys?

2. I look up the in-game store and the prices for many of the hero equipment and it seems like in many cases, it would be cheaper to buy keys from third parties and then use those keys to trade for the items I want on Dota Lounge. Am I missing something here?

1. If they don't specific, they mean standard Treasure Keys although they'll usually accept other keys that function the same. (Like TI3 keys postInternational.)

2. Those items can be gotten for free via drops, and it's also not like the demand for any given set or item is that high. Put it this way: If the trade value for an item is higher than the price set in the store, people are just going to start buying from the store until there are more of those things than there is demand and the trade value falls.

ElyrionX

1. If they don't specific, they mean standard Treasure Keys although they'll usually accept other keys that function the same. (Like TI3 keys postInternational.)

2. Those items can be gotten for free via drops, and it's also not like the demand for any given set or item is that high. Put it this way: If the trade value for an item is higher than the price set in the store, people are just going to start buying from the store until there are more of those things than there is demand and the trade value falls.

Thanks. And yes, you make a good point about the potential arbitrage that exist between the store items and the market place though my point is more about the relative value of keys and the various items that can be bought from the store, ie. it makes more sense to buy keys from the store or third parties and to trade for store items on Dota Lounge than it ever does to buy items directly from the store, it seems like.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
If my only goal in AP is to kill PLs (with SB) am I a bad person? The entire team dying was a byproduct. I am not proud of this since it was a trash game, but it's nice to end a night with this kind of game.
If you keep picking PL in AP and your team is bad, but you win anyway this is probably what happens

Huge bonus points to CM who bought dust with me and pinged and warded like a champion.

OnKndph.png

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
If my only goal in AP is to kill PLs (with SB) am I a bad person? The entire team dying was a byproduct. I am not proud of this since it was a trash game, but it's nice to end a night with this kind of game.
If you keep picking PL in AP and your team is bad, but you win anyway this is probably what happens

Huge bonus points to CM who bought dust with me and pinged and warded like a champion.

http://i.imgur.com/OnKndph.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
I hate it when I pick a hero in AP and get an instant target painted on my back because of the capabilities of said hero. I like PL but I suck at Dota so if I pick him in AP I don't consider myself a typical "PL picker" that is hoping to steamroll a pub with him. I just want to try him out again and not have it be a shit show.

Razzer

I hate it when I pick a hero in AP and get an instant target painted on my back because of the capabilities of said hero. I like PL but I suck at Dota so if I pick him in AP I don't consider myself a typical "PL picker" that is hoping to steamroll a pub with him. I just want to try him out again and not have it be a shit show.

This reminds me of when my friend played SB for the first time in a pub the other day. We had been randoming in bots for a bit and settled on heroes we found fun. We stomped, and the axe on the other team was calling him a noob for picking SB every game, saying he could only win with OP heroes etc. This was despite me (timbersaw) and some guy (storm spirit) both going at least 14-0 lol.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
This reminds me of when my friend played SB for the first time in a pub the other day. We had been randoming in bots for a bit and settled on heroes we found fun. We stomped, and the axe on the other team was calling him a noob for picking SB every game, saying he could only win with OP heroes etc. This was despite me (timbersaw) and some guy (storm spirit) both going at least 14-0 lol.

People hate Spirit Breaker. It is because he is really good against uncoordinated teams who don't stick together and ward up. Also, when you are alone and Spirit Breaker charges you, the feeling is very dispiriting - people remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom