• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys remember when I (and a bunch of other people) told you that if you're going to buy keys, use them to trade for what you want instead if opening chests?

Maybe try that out guys,

shira

Does new hero models. Matt you tease

i5E3mEPUx24Zw.gif

Weird stuff

they added the drop list to the item schema, meaning we can all see it. However, there's a whole bunch of items missing from it, like Grull, the Catalyst Cap (which both drop). Also for some reason only Bessy the Batmeleon drops from the wood crate, and nothing else? I've never heard of anyone getting any other wood crate drops, but why Bessy?

So confusing

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Cyborgmatt posted a huge Breaking Bad spoiler in his latest blog post.

Don't go there if you aren't caught up.

Got WR hair which is pretty nice looking to be honest. Also got the Sven sword (it's alright but I have a ton of swords for him already), which I'm willing to trade for a Diffusal Lance or maybe something else.

Want the AM blades but chance of getting those is low and I'm not gonna trade someone 5 keys just to get a pair. Would rather push my luck than do that.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Woah, I just destroyed a game with mid QoP.

12-0 by the time we were taking down the ancient, 13-1 at the end.

Fucking everything clicked and I recovered from a bad laning phase because a bitch skyward mage was pummeling me with nukes.

Friggin' amazing.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Also, what's up with the cef_error_6 deal?

I have all the ports open, firewall permissions and everything.

I can play, but that's it, everything else but the backpack is a blank page with that error message.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Cyborgmatt posted a huge Breaking Bad spoiler in his latest blog post.

Don't go there if you aren't caught up.

I'm sorry but people in the comments were bitching about this too and it's not a huge spoiler... Like at all. Especially if you don't have any context for what has been happening. People need to get over spoilers or get off the internet.

And to ellen pudge for his Elder Titan guidance. Nothing feels better than smashing a Bristleback to death in four hits at level 2.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/312753266

So much fun.

I'm sorry but people in the comments were bitching about this too and it's not a huge spoiler... Like at all. Especially if you don't have any context for what has been happening. People need to get over spoilers or get off the internet.

People can care about whatever they want. Stop bitching about it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
People can care about whatever they want. Stop bitching about it.

He changed it anyways, and didn't even take the golden opportunity to make a Snape kills Dumbledore reference. Cyborgmatt makes me sad.

Ed: wait, did I just spoil Harry Potter for anybody? If so, sorry.

I couldn't win with Elder Titan to save my life.

Watched a few of his matches, now I can't stop.

10/10 would follow again.

I love ET like a sibling. I think I'm still at a ~8kda with him after about 15 matches. With the free, safe and easy W --> Q setup for initiation or counter-initiation and that armor redux...what's not to like. Only time i've ever run into trouble is when someone on the team picks an aoe dps dealer like Death Prophet or Medusa or something like that after I picked, and in the actual match and wasn't patient enough to wait for the ult to go off before popping their stuff.

Boken

Banned
Snape kills Dumbledore reference.

Ed: wait, did I just spoil Harry Potter for anybody? If so, sorry.
-_-
Only time i've ever run into trouble is when someone on the team picks an aoe dps dealer like Death Prophet or Medusa or something like that after I picked, and in the actual match and wasn't patient enough to wait for the ult to go off before popping their stuff.
why does that matter?

shira

anytime someone wants to go on a box opening spree expecting to get an unusual, I always send them to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po0fv-NgiIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz-xXL63l5c

Strong coffee. Some do get lucky every day, but it probably won't be you. AND, consider that even if you open 50+ chests and get an unusual, it may not be the unusual you decided to start opening chests to get and could be worth less than the keys it took you to finally get to it. Not to mention the excess of duplicate items you now have to find a way to sell to recoup at least some of the investment.

I always open a couple, but not with the hope of getting an unusual anything because it's extremely unlikely. If it happens cool, but that's not the goal. That's a fool's errand.
Was about to open some chests. Then I remebered this post. Thanks Dreams, owe you a drink

ElyrionX

Yes. Manta Arc is Mythical, Diffusal Spear is Rare.

So the odds of getting Diffusal is higher than Manta for the Rubiline chests?

I have never spent money on in-game cosmetics like this before but Dota 2 is really pushing me to the limit. I really want those two items.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How come those items can be sold on the Market? When did Valve relax the restrictions again?

I personally think they just screwed up. But at least it gives them a chance to test the waters.

So the odds of getting Diffusal is higher than Manta for the Rubiline chests?

I have never spent money on in-game cosmetics like this before but Dota 2 is really pushing me to the limit. I really want those two items.

Give it a day, and people will likely 1:1 trade you a key for the Diffusal Blade. Manta, well, goes for $9 right now, not really sure which way it will go.

NBtoaster

Got the manta in a chest (first try!), sold it on market, now I'm up $5.50 (sold it for $9.20, I got 8.00).

Now do I spend this on more chests to try for more mantas?

edit: I tried, got the NP staff and TA hair :<
Still $0.50 up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom