• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Got the manta in a chest (first try!), sold it on market, now I'm up $5.50 (sold it for $9.20, I got 8.00).

Now do I spend this on more chests to try for more mantas?

edit: I tried, got the NP staff and TA hair :<
Still $0.50 up!

You never win. Only Valve wins.

How come those items can be sold on the Market? When did Valve relax the restrictions again?

It's like a luckbox or the compendium stuff - items which have to be unboxed. You can sell the Sange and Yasha pack as well

Vaporak

Anyone else been having lag/stuttering issues with Twitch today? Every channel's been bad so it doesn't seem to be a problem on the streamers end, and the internet's fine on my end.

-_-

why does that matter?

When you've lined up the perfect sleep and ult that is going to connect on multiple heroes (or at least the target hero), having them all wake up and walk out of range of the ult is pretty frustrating.

If a teammate is going to wake them up, ideally it will only be when it's too late for them to escape the ult. If a team is coordinated enough, they'll all focus on x champ while y and z champs are sleeping. Hard to do in pubs, but with people who you know who have played with ET more than a few times, it's a beautiful thing. It's like naga ulting when someone on the other team is BKB'd for a free kill and team fight advantage.

JustinBB7

I only just started to watch Breaking Bad last week and I love it, but I just read a spoiler in the comment section I think. I read matt's blog before I came in here :/

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Oh man, I just played the worst Doom game. I fed so much in lane. :(

I only just started to watch Breaking Bad last week and I love it, but I just read a spoiler in the comment section I think. I read matt's blog before I came in here :/

Nope, I don't see one.

I hate being matched with bad players when it seems the other team is perfect. Ugh

Not everyone is good with every hero.

When I've been in matches like that and peek at Dotabuff after, usually the other team will have had 2 or 3 guys who've picked some of their best and/or most played heroes...where the people who struggled on my team picked heroes they've only played once or twice in life, if that much and were in over their heads against enemies so comfortable with who they were playing. Had those same feeders picked their better heroes, maybe it would have been a contest. But that's just the reality of having a pool with 100+ heroes. People will experiment at your expense (or maybe you'll be that guy experimenting as you try to get better with xyz hero). Most will not be good with all of them, or even moderately effective with all of them. Most will have a pool of about 10-20 heroes that they feel good with, and maybe only 3-5 of them that they feel they can absolutely destroy anyone with and expect to win if they pick one of those. And even when people are decent enough, someone will be stuck playing with them when they pick a hero they used to be good with but haven't played for 5 months.

Again, just the nature of having a large hero pool, extremely long matches (limiting the amount of experience anyone is going to get in a given day on any given hero), a desire to expand beyond a few core heroes, and a high degree of competitiveness.

shira

whats my unusual llama llama worth?

Lava Llama 30-40k?
Depends how much people value the fact that you can't open the Quirt boxes no more. idk. . .

http://youtu.be/AdCxZODlx30
J-God tells you how good he is. (No Shirt)
santana%2520fanning%2520herself.gif

Fuck I'm not picking solo offlaners in pubs again unless we have a jungle. You pick Bounty Hunter or someone and then whatever asshole comes in your lane to contest farm and split XP. It's the fucking worst.

Mordeccai

Holy shit, lol, this is fantastic. I never open crates, bought three keys just this morning. Got two manta packs and the Silencer throwing star. Definitely selling these babies on the market! Thank you based RNG!

quick edit: wait, is it smarter to trade this for 5 keys on dota trade or sell it for 8.94 on the market? I'm not sure how this works. Can I sell keys for cash?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I8GuFdg.jpg

Na'vi leaking MLG Columbus info, lol:

MLG Colombus, as mentioned before, will take place on November 22-24 in one of the exhibition centers in the city. The following teams will compete for the total prize pool of $50 000:

Natus Vincere
Alliance
Fnatic
Evil Geniuses
Team Liquid
Winner of MLG Fall Invitational (takes place on 18.10)
Winner of the NA qualifiers (28.09 - 16.10)
Reserve slot

These 8 teams will compete for the $25 000 first place prize. There is no info yet about how the other half will be distributed

Pretty sure they're trying to get DK for the final slot.

This in retrospect is hilarious.

Well of course it's 2 games after that where I get ridiculously farmed and we win the game.

But honestly after having played BH some more recently, he's really not my favorite offlaner. I never feel very effective until I have a Deso, and you really need at least drums or something before then - his base HP is really low. Drums and either Urn/Medallion. The other thing is against competent teams if you're not snowballing he really needs a BKB, but I'm inclined to skip it if possible since it doesn't really mesh with his sort of guerrilla playstyle of popping in and out of invis. If you're forced to go BKB early though, you have no damage and aren't much more than a track-bot.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
I want that 'Mistblade' for my Abaddon, I would have brought it directly from Dota 2 store if it was available (why the RNG keys "-_-).

Edit
Wow I never new Abaddon has lower and raised weapon stances according to enemy presence or vision.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSQwjiVIlrU

(I knew he had stances if there was any enemy around or none)

shira

Holy shit, lol, this is fantastic. I never open crates, bought three keys just this morning. Got two manta packs and the Silencer throwing star. Definitely selling these babies on the market! Thank you based RNG!

quick edit: wait, is it smarter to trade this for 5 keys on dota trade or sell it for 8.94 on the market? I'm not sure how this works. Can I sell keys for cash?
Yes, but if you have no rep - it is quite hard. And you can easily be scammed. Use a middleman if you dare:
http://dota2traders.com/middleman
Or make a few trades and get a rep page.

If you throw them on the steam marketplace
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Treasure Key
http://steamcommunity.com/market/search?q=manta
You need to undercut the next guy or it will never sell.
You can't get scammed, but you can only by steam things and volvo takes 15%
Beware the steam store doesn't do a good job of telling you if something has been renamed.

Pretty sure they're trying to get DK for the final slot.
Wouldn't it cost them $50k to fly their team and their press over here and hotel them? They are already selling a courier ticket - idk how they can afford all this. And by no means are they guaranteed any money or wins.

Dat chen ban

ElyrionX

For only one key I'll have to make sure to get that one before the crates expire. Really dig the look. I want to know what's in the Polycount crate though. Haven't had one drop yet.

Does it mean that once the crates expire, the only way to acquire the the items within is through the markets or via in-game random drops?

ElyrionX

Wait, I can't buy Dota 2 keys by charging them directly to my credit card? I need to buy Steam wallet funds and then use those funds to buy the keys?

Mordeccai

Yes, but if you have no rep - it is quite hard. And you can easily be scammed. Use a middleman if you dare:
http://dota2traders.com/middleman
Or make a few trades and get a rep page.

If you throw them on the steam marketplace
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Treasure Key
http://steamcommunity.com/market/search?q=manta
You need to undercut the next guy or it will never sell.
You can't get scammed, but you can only by steam things and volvo takes 15%
Beware the steam store doesn't do a good job of telling you if something has been renamed.

Mucho thank you shira. I sold one of the packs on the market and made my money back from buying the keys (and then some), and I've got the other just sitting there while I debate on what to do. Looks like dota-trade is easier to go through and people on there are offering 5 keys for it.... think I might get more money if I list keys from that trade on the steam market. That damn 15% cut is deep.

BeesEight

When you've lined up the perfect sleep and ult that is going to connect on multiple heroes (or at least the target hero), having them all wake up and walk out of range of the ult is pretty frustrating.

If a teammate is going to wake them up, ideally it will only be when it's too late for them to escape the ult. If a team is coordinated enough, they'll all focus on x champ while y and z champs are sleeping. Hard to do in pubs, but with people who you know who have played with ET more than a few times, it's a beautiful thing. It's like naga ulting when someone on the other team is BKB'd for a free kill and team fight advantage.

Yeah, when I was playing him before it was solely has a support initiator. Didn't matter how many times I'd get 3-5 man stomps, they would wake up immediately after from casual Lina dragon slaves, Necrolyte death pulses or Death Prophet crypt swarms. Then they'd just scatter as earth splitter would whiff on a whole lot of nothing. Figured he was really only playable with top level teammates who knew what they were doing or with a team comp containing 0 aoe - either which seemed impossible for me to ever see.

But focusing on right clicking and spirit harass during the laning phase is so much better. People don't really expect ET to just straight up punch them in the face for hundreds of damage early game. And I've gone from constantly being out of mana from trying to ult combo in most engagements to rarely ever using the ult but getting a lot more spirits out. Two spirits is 480 damage and pretty doable since you can use them to harass before the engagement even begins. They're like Tinker's rockets but even more obnoxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom