• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

what if he doesnt have a face
4ueFlAth.jpg

You wear a mask to protect those you love.

Is there any mechanism beyond a normal report for players clearly going way beyond a normal offense? Had a player actively troll our team for 45 min by occasionally putting team items in the forest and not doing anything other than continually diving the team to die. Now I understand we should have just stopped playing and let it end but then we are equally at risk in the game at getting a DC or reported etc... I don't understand how someone has 45 min on their hands to troll like that. He basically shouldn't be allowed to play dota if he is going to do that.

Ultimatum

Banned
Is there any mechanism beyond a normal report for players clearly going way beyond a normal offense? Had a player actively troll our team for 45 min by occasionally putting team items in the forest and not doing anything other than continually diving the team to die. Now I understand we should have just stopped playing and let it end but then we are equally at risk in the game at getting a DC or reported etc... I don't understand how someone has 45 min on their hands to troll like that. He basically shouldn't be allowed to play dota if he is going to do that.

Report for ability abuse and he might get banned, but from my experience Valve won't look into it too thoroughly and he'll never actually get banned

it sucks

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Are there any decent guides or button set-ups for multi-unit control in Dota 2 that I should check out. I really like heroes like Visage, Enchantress and Chen but I am awful at juggling the multiple units to grab and use a specific ability, especially when the shit is hitting the fan. I really have taken a liking to Visage, his familiars are great for crowd control in lanes if there's no carry to take the farm in a lane and it needs pushing back. He's great for pushing towers. I like his slow in run downs and his full-charge soul assumption can just melt the right target. But pulling off those timely familiar stuns in the middle of a heated fight is my biggest weakness with him right now.

Have you played an RTS before? The standard would be Ctrl+1 for your hero, Ctrl+2 for all other units you control. If it's more than 1, you can tab-cycle through them...

Aaron

Have you played an RTS before? The standard would be Ctrl+1 for your hero, Ctrl+2 for all other units you control. If it's more than 1, you can tab-cycle through them...
To clarify, these set the control groups based on what you currently have selected. You tap the number to select those units, and double tap to focus the camera on units. When playing heroes like these, I usually set 1 to the hero, 2 to just the minions, and 3 to all. Holding down ctrl while selection one minion will select them all (might be limited to what's on screen. can't remember).

Meteorain

Let's all calm down. No one can pretend the broader DOTA 2 community isn't a cesspit of scumbags and Pro's post might've been too evocative of that kind of vitriol for a newcomer to see it as anything other than a put down when it was just cynical humor.

No.

Fuck you Haly.

I need a new gaming mouse for DOTA purposes. Any suggestions? I've been looking at the Steelseries official ones, any impressions or alternatives?

I need it because of Meepo.

shira

Übermatik;82458669 said:
I need a new gaming mouse for DOTA purposes. Any suggestions? I've been looking at the Steelseries official ones, any impressions or alternatives?

Yeah get that one and sell the Kantusa for $40.

M.D

Woah! Thanks for all the Meepo answers :)

I guess there are a couple different builds you can go, so I'll have to try them out..

I watched a N0tail game where had BoT which seems crazy fun cause you can be basically anywhere you want at any given point ;p

I don't really understand what's quick and smart casting? It seems these are 2 different things, but I couldn't understand what they actually do.. I found the "quick cast ability" option in the menus but have not tried it out yet

Nymerio

I tried meepo in a bot game once. Couldn't even michael one meepo :( when I jungled with one meepo I'd forget about the other, when I was laning the other died to jungle creeps because I didn't pay attention :(

I tried meepo in a bot game once. Couldn't even michael one meepo :( when I jungled with one meepo I'd forget about the other, when I was laning the other died to jungle creeps because I didn't pay attention :(

You know you're bad at DOTA when
You can't even Michael one Meepo... :(

I'm semi good at him - I can blink poof about 70% of the time now, but it's hard.

Übermatik;82458957 said:
For reals? I didn't think it was worth much.

I bought the Dota 2 Kana.

It's a really nice mouse, nice build, very light.

I sold the sword which basically paid for the mouse. Mouse mat is nice as well.

Hugstable

Banned
Is there anyway to bind the Alt-click for pinging to one of the buttons on my mouse of a letter on my keyboard plus a click? My Alt key on my keyboard is horrible and hard to use at times so it would be really useful if there was a way to ping easier.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Übermatik;82458669 said:

Buy a Steelseries Sensei or SS Sensei RAW

Hugstable

Banned
Also, the Commander set for Sven seems to not be in drop rotation anymore and the prices have skyrocketed. I knew I should have bought the helmet while the price was still (somewhat) low. Good thing I got the rest of the set though, the shoulders and cape have been going to 3 keys each from what I've seen.

Also, the Commander set for Sven seems to not be in drop rotation anymore and the prices have skyrocketed. I knew I should have bought the helmet while the price was still (somewhat) low. Good thing I got the rest of the set though, the shoulders and cape have been going to 3 keys each from what I've seen.

yea...

they converted the drop system over from a database to a simple list in the item schema, and in doing so forgot to add a ton of single items that used to be in the system...
I should probably make a dev forum post about it or something.

Other items removed from the system this week:
Anything from the Dark Crate (Grull, Meat Tenderizer, etc)
The other items from the Wood crate (besides Batmeleon for some reason)

idunno, just Valve forgetting things. Probably seeing a huge list and not converting to over properly. There's no real reason for the commander set to stop dropping.

Edit: There made a thread about it

Hugstable

Banned
Ahh kk. Now I'm wondering If I should sell it for keys really quick and buy it back once they fix it. Considering if they fix it the prices would most likely fall right back to what it was. (1-1.5 for peices and like 2 for head)

EDIT: Actually probably not, from what I've seen on D2L, none of the higher priced set pieces are selling at all.

I don't know how you can venture through that hellhole of twelve year olds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEIR IS A MUTE BUTTON WHY DON'T U USE IT
^^^ put in sig if you agree that valve killed game with mute system

other games played: ONLY DOTA i aint no nub

sig

I don't know how you can venture through that hellhole of twelve year olds.

It's kind of sad really the primary means to Valve getting good bug reports is such a wasteland of actual discussion and bug reporting.

But I know they read the customization bug forums and this is a really easy thing for them to fix, so it's worth a shot.

SamuraiX-

Na`Vi vs KP just now in Star Ladder was one of the sickest matches I've seen since TI3.

Amazing comeback by Na`Vi.

This stand-in for them played phenomenally.

Nirvana

Na`Vi vs KP just now in Star Ladder was one of the sickest matches I've seen since TI3.

Amazing comeback by Na`Vi.

This stand-in for them played phenomenally.

Na'vi literally won every teamfight they needed to, over and over again. Seriously impressive comeback, and that ultra kill for the finish. Jesus christ, the coordination between the dark seer and puppey was fantastic.

Feel like Light kind of fucked VP in at least 2 of those teamfights; getting Weaver trapped in cogs in one and revealing smoke in the second. Still, ggs all round, best match I've seen in ages.

sixghost

Woah! Thanks for all the Meepo answers :)

I guess there are a couple different builds you can go, so I'll have to try them out..

I watched a N0tail game where had BoT which seems crazy fun cause you can be basically anywhere you want at any given point ;p

I don't really understand what's quick and smart casting? It seems these are 2 different things, but I couldn't understand what they actually do.. I found the "quick cast ability" option in the menus but have not tried it out yet

I don't actually know what it's called, but you can enable the option that let's you immediately cast abilities without clicking left mouse if you are having trouble with tab poofing quickly. This changes the required actions from W, m1, tab, W, m1, tab, etc. to W, tab, W, tab, W, tab, etc. Even after a hundred something games with him I still miss a left click in there somewhere every once in a while which can result in a cheap death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom