• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

This goddamn Dota Lounge is a giant pain in the ass to use. Barter trade really fucking sucks. I wish there was some kind of D3 AH system.

Be careful what you wish for.

But yeah, people can be pretty scummy when it comes to trading. I really hate 1:2 or 3 rare trades. The rarity listing is on the item, there's now way I should be trading three of my rare items for your one rare item. And do you want to trade your uncommon for another uncommon? You'll find El Dorado before that happens. TF2 was also like this to an extent, but I feel that it is worse in Dota. Honestly just look in your friends' backpacks and shoot them a message asking if they want to trade. I've had a few of my Steam friends ask me for my stuff and I did 1:1 trades or got rid of dupes.

ElyrionX

Be careful what you wish for.

But yeah, people can be pretty scummy when it comes to trading. I really hate 1:2 or 3 rare trades. The rarity listing is on the item, there's now way I should be trading three of my rare items for your one rare item. And do you want to trade your uncommon for another uncommon? You'll find El Dorado before that happens. TF2 was also like this to an extent, but I feel that it is worse in Dota. Honestly just look in your friends' backpacks and shoot them a message asking if they want to trade. I've had a few of my Steam friends ask me for my stuff and I did 1:1 trades or got rid of dupes.

Nope, I would totally love a transparent and efficient AH like D3. I thrived on that shit buying stuff at all kinds of insane prices for my characters.

Fuck yes. Been checking Dota2WH about once a day for a couple weeks now and I was finally able to snipe the Rubick frog mask (inscrutable zeal set).

Now I'm around 90g short of being able to snag a rare though. Few rares I want that would complete sets or otherwise look nice. Also looking for the one uncommon BH mask that was from Diretide or Frostivus, but I don't have high hopes for that one.

Also - the Abaddon mount there is pretty cool, and I'm not a huge fan of the Luna portrait change - overexposed for one.

While you're at it, rate up this sick HUD Skin: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=178235913

Nirvana

Played a game a few hours ago. We won and just as the ancient hit zero health, we all disconnected from the server and now the game doesn't exist. Not even joking, zero health, right when it died, the server exploded and now the game isn't there, this was right after a 3 loss streak.

On the upside just won an 85 minute VP/Navi style back and forth game, twas good feels all round.

It seems nobody here has noticed that a few days ago Luna got a portrait remake
MLL5JBM.jpg

haha, we've heard this song before. The "next week the ward animation issue will be fixed!" and I don't think it's even been fixed 3 weeks later

I noticed it, and she looks fucking badass now.

More portraits need to look like this.

Yea, a lot of old portraits could be a lot better.

Like Nature's Prophet. He doesn't need a hero remake, but a new portrait would go a long way.

A lot of the hero pictures need improvement too. Sand King's is a really old model and texture, with green lines on his eyes for some reason.

The hero select videos are outdated on a number of heroes too, like Gyro and Darkseer. Sniper also has a much nicer video than his actual portrait.

Razzer

I've been listening to the interview with Kuro by joindota and toward the end he mentioned that one of the biggest things about public games is that you need to learn to enjoy losses. I have to agree, there are so many people who seem to get really upset about losing, and they are the ones who rage the most. Just gotta be chill, take what you can from the game.

shira

I've been listening to the interview with Kuro by joindota and toward the end he mentioned that one of the biggest things about public games is that you need to learn to enjoy losses. I have to agree, there are so many people who seem to get really upset about losing, and they are the ones who rage the most. Just gotta be chill, take what you can from the game.

This is kind of ironic coming fro the guy that called early gg

NEW SHAPER

QLZHfPtl.jpg

Zalgus is a Pure Shaper.

Q- Chains of Fate: Zalgus fires a ranged projectile, dealing magical damage and rooting all enemy Shapers hit. Chains of Fate link all nearby enemy Shapers, while enemy shapers are linked, damage taken is shared by all Shapers that are effected.

W- Burden of Knowledge: Passive: Gives Zalgus a secondary basic attack that adds magic damage. After a cooldown, the first attack made against an enemy Shaper will knock them up. Active: Reveals all targets in a large cone for 3 seconds.

E- Rift: Zalgus targets an area, after a brief delay Zalgus does area of effect magic damage in the targeted area.

R- Final Chapter: Multi Cast: Zalgus focuses breifly, then opens a forbidden book in a targeted direction, unleashing a blast of energy that deals 475(+X) magic damage to the first enemy Shaper it strikes. If the blast kills a Shaper, Zalgus enters a trance for 12 seconds in which he may recast Final Chapter each time he kills an enemy Shaper with it.

Since May EA has released 18 shapers for Dawngate. In that same timeframe Valve has released 2 new heroes.

Are you even trying Valve?

W- Burden of Knowledge:

Oh shit, morello better stay away from this game.

how do you register for dawngate? I go to the website, log in with origin, then it asks me for redemption key... All origin accounts in automatically?

Forkball

NEW SHAPER

QLZHfPtl.jpg

Since May EA has released 18 shapers for Dawngate. In that same timeframe Valve has released 2 new heroes.

Are you even trying Valve?

"What are ya gonna do?" Trigdar the Turncloak snorted. "Read at me?"
Zalgus the Loremaster thumbed the edge of the cover. "Yes," he said. "I shall give you the gift of knowledge. FORBIDDEN knowledge..."
Trigdar gasped.

It's kind of funny how lax "Forbidden Knowledge" is in Dota 2

what are there, like 10 heroes with "Forbidden Knowledge"

Warlock, TA, Tinker, etc
...which funny enough are like the three nerdiest heroes in the game

shira

It would be funny seeing RS.int invited to TI4 and RS.cn having to play through a qualifier.
I think it would be incredibly hard for them to win a Chinese tournament. But if EE can keep the team together and not cheat or kick anyone they should get an invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom