• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

I was just checking out the "invisibility" wiki page after all the discussion. It just seems like a random set of abilities can be dodged with invisibility, and the others can't. Even similarly functioning bounces/abilities have no bearing on which way an ability goes.

Mystic snake can't be dodged, but paralyzing cask can be. Unstable concoction can't be dodged, but storm hammer can be. Concussive shot can't be dodged, but Heat-seeking missile can be.

I'd be hard pressed to find another mechanic more inconsistent. Damnit Icefrog!

For the ones that hit: "The following abilities assume that the target is visible when cast..." and I want to say it works the same for Heat-Seeking Missile. If you're visible when it's cast, and it's targeting you, going invis will not stop the damage. I don't particularly remember though.

Artanisix

Dat Navi Antimage set

http://navi-gaming.com/news_show.php?news_id=13610
ibpyeFF5XBwoNt.jpg

http://youtu.be/BTbXoWq9cTM

Sasuke Ronin Set by Navi for Xbox
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=153775758

The colors are radically different. Can't upvote that.

Exuro

The set would look nice if not for the awful color scheme.

And that video was stupid. What does anti-mage have to do with ronin warriors?

Anteo

I was just checking out the "invisibility" wiki page after all the discussion. It just seems like a random set of abilities can be dodged with invisibility, and the others can't. Even similarly functioning bounces/abilities have no bearing on which way an ability goes.

Mystic snake can't be dodged, but paralyzing cask can be. Unstable concoction can't be dodged, but storm hammer can be. Concussive shot can't be dodged, but Heat-seeking missile can be.

I'd be hard pressed to find another mechanic more inconsistent. Damnit Icefrog!

As a general rule, in W3C hardcoded misile stuns could be dodged by blink, invi (including mirana's leap, that makes her invi for 0.01 sec) phaseshift and not so recently Orb thing from puck (i think it too makes him invi for 0.01), while coded spells with coded missiles are not.

Example: Venge stun was harcoded into the Wc3 engine. So you could dodge it. New AOE stun from Sven (old one was like Venge) is coded and it was done so it will follow you even if you use a dodging skill (invi, blink, phase shift). The stun will not hit if invi iirc.

Unstable was also coded after the change.Heatseeking missile is another hardcoded spell from w3c

Edit: I tried to code a spell once so it could be dodged like a regular harcoded spell. It was so hard that I surrended :lol. Problem for me was getting the triggers to read for the cast of the spell and account for the chance that the enemy was also under detection like gem, tower vision, wards or dust and that. Big problem was the invi dodges. If you are invi but under detection when Venge throws the stun, and suddenly you get out of detection for a while, you will dodge it.

bounchfx

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I must have bad taste, because I think that Anti-Mage looks awesome :D

...but I'd reject it because it almost certainly breaks some rules in terms of what should be allowed for cosmetics. Completely changes the color scheme, but does keep the same silhouette.

Anteo

What does Portugal has to do with South America?

I hope Abby comes today tho.

I laughed

Uh..Brazil speaks Portuguese?

Just saying, 99% of my games yesterday people were either speaking Spanish or Portuguese. Now I know why.

Generally, south americans that can write and understand english play in the english servers. SA servers sucks big time. You can't comunicate with everyone cus not everyone talks Portuguese and Spanish. The delay is much lower too on US east for me at least

elyetis

WILL VALVE EVER ADD SPANISH TO THE LANGUAGE SO I STOP GETTING TEAM UP WITH BRAZILIANS

I don't speak Portuguese volvo
It did a wonderfull job with Russians.

I want a language report option, people wouldn't get muted or going into low prio, but could only play on server region corresponding to their ip for 24h ( and like mute the duration would increase each time ). People could still use vpn, smurf, etc.. but I think it still could make a difference.

Mononoke

Banned
I laughed

Generally, south americans that can write and understand english play in the English servers. SA servers sucks big time. You can't communicate with everyone cus not everyone talks Portuguese and Spanish. The delay is much lower too on US east for me at least

I wasn't really complaining tbh. I just noticed that the majority of my games yesterday had people speaking Spanish and Portuguese only, and they wouldn't' speak English. It was just strange to me that literally every game I played this was the case. Usually it's not so frequent (I didn't know SA servers were down).

Whatever. I could still play the game using basic commands that everyone understands.

TommyT

Generally, south americans that can write and understand english play in the english servers. SA servers sucks big time. You can't comunicate with everyone cus not everyone talks Portuguese and Spanish. The delay is much lower too on US east for me at least

Yet when they do, they don't speak English...

oneils

Uh, dumb question here. Is there more than one type of compendium?

By that I mean, is the "International" compendium the compendium? Or are there different types for different sorts of things?

yup servers are down.

for the brazilians here, is the server bad, ping wise, for you?
i know its pretty bad for the rest of SA but for you how is it?

there was a thread on the dev forum some time ago about it. it depends on the isp. if the br has the right isp, he can get a good ping (20-100). otherwise, he'll get better pings from the us servers

Dota down after we won the match. Coming from a terrible losing streak, I will rage if Volvo did not record it >:/

That AM looks ok to me but Antimage being a Ronin seems not fitting. Color might work out a la Naga exile/Nyx Hive set.

Boof

I don't get why Valve is being called Volvo. Did they take over the car company or something? Clue me in so I can be cool too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom