• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Considering there hasn't been an explosion of new players, valve really could have used those servers for steam right now.

Funny thing:

I used one of my TF2 smurfs to sign up. I was 8708 in queue and it took 10 hours to get an acception email.

Also the playerbase has increased 300,000 in a week (3.6m -> 3.9m)

Aaron

I want to also thank Valve for clearing out the 30 Dota 2 invites they dumped into my account in a single day once. Also fuck Valve for loading my account with 30 invites in a single day.

O no doubt people are signing up to get into dota 2 but your smurf account kind of demonstrates my point.

edit: of that 300,000 bump how many after it wen official?

Guys, tips for Broodmother? I really like playing her, but I don't want to suck too badly lol.

Get the hard lane. You can solo it quite easily, but a partner isn't going to be an issue unless he tries to be an ass and screw with your last hits.

Infest the lanes and jungle with your webs.

Spiders spiders spiders spiders spiders spiders

Use them to jungle, kill the lane creeps, kill the enemy tower, and so on. If the enemy team can push down your tier 1 with less than 4 people you have essentially failed at playing Broodmother. OWN the lane.

In between Incapacitating bite, and Hunger, solo heroes who come to challenge you in the lane should be killed quickly. The point of Broodmother is that people must dedicate an inordinate amount of resources, first to even hunting you down in the jungle, and then killing you off.

Don't leave the lane unless you absolutely have to. Your webs take time to set up and they're the key to your performance.

You hate sentries. Buy sentries yourself, or even a gem, and make sure that any sentries that go up don't stay there for long.

Don't feed your spiders, they have a disproprotionately high gold bounty. If they're going to die, make sure they die for a good reason (like using them to kill sentries).

Usually get Soul Ring, and then other items that provide some combination of damage and survivability for you and your spiders. Manta Style is usually popular for getting rid of dust/assassinating lone heroes in your territory. Orchid is also commonly picked up for the same purpose of quickly killing someone. Mek and Vlads are also common choices for the sake of the spiders.

Half the hero pool counters you without even trying, which explains why she has such a terrible winrate. (The other part of the explanation is that your allies aren't going to make good use of you tearing their way to the T3 towers to get other towers/map objectives, meaning a lot of wasted time.)

Shmowzow!

Banned
Guys, tips for Broodmother? I really like playing her, but I don't want to suck too badly lol.

- Vladimir's Offering boosts damage on all your Spiderlings too, as do other aura's that affect all units (instead of all hero's).
- While not a great item on BM (since you already have a slow), you can use Diffusal Blade's purge on yourself to clean off dust, so you can go invis after being dusted.
- BKB is probably a good idea to use with your ultimate

- Don't roll Brood versus Earthshaker, OR be very carefull about where you move your spiderlings

sixghost

This is probably a stupid question, but I just realized that the mana you gain from using soul ring is temporary, so how exactly are you supposed to use it? Is it just used to get a mana boost when your mana is extremely low?

Dina

If they use a sentry ward to spot you, buy some of your own. Don't be afraid to spend 220g to guarantee a pretty safe hard lane. Your spiders will kill the sentry ward far faster than your enemies will be able to kill yours.

After the new tutorials came out someone linked to some reddit thing with cheats to rush through the limited hero matches and such for the sniper items. Can someone link me to that?

This is probably a stupid question, but I just realized that the mana you gain from using soul ring is temporary, so how exactly are you supposed to use it? Is it just used to get a mana boost when your mana is extremely low?

By adding 200 more mana to your mana pool. So say you have 1000 and pop soul ring, it now gives to 1200. Use your spell that cost say 200 and you are left with 1000. When the time runs out, you already used up the bonus mana.

At least how I understand it.

Des0lar

will learn eventually

Use it always when you are full mana and don't care about the health loss.
Then use it for clutch situations where you need the mana for one more spell.

BraXzy

Use it always when you are full mana and don't care about the health loss.
Then use it for clutch situations where you need the mana for one more spell.

I never thought about usinh it when full, clever idea. I only recently started using this, even though I've played for quite a while :L

Drone

I've made a t-shirt and sticker based on the Dota 2 silence icon. I repainted it in high resolution using Sai.

fig,black,mens,ffffff.jpg

You can get them here.
Also available on baby clothes, which is kind of appropriate.

Aselith

Played a game yesterday where their Razor used Static Link while invis from Shadow Blade. Abearantly you don't see the graphic if Razor is invis, causing my Ursa to be pretty goddamn ineffective.

This seems a bit OP. It's easy to miss the debuff stacking up, then - after you've died miserably - wonder why your farmed carry hits like a enfeebled lvl 1 CM. Also, Razor can still see his link moving around if you go invis AND cast it through Magic Immunity.

Seriously, why is Razor not first pick for every team ever?

Because shadowblade is easily countered by every team ever, most don't pick invis heroes for invis since they're easily counter and smart players will see the debuff stacking and throw some dust in the air and destroy your ass.

Inivs heroes are great for pubstomping but not so great once you hit pros. BH gets picked but for his ult not for invis, similarly phantom lancer gets picked but for his huge carry potential.

I never thought about usinh it when full, clever idea. I only recently started using this, even though I've played for quite a while :L
You've got a long way to go.

That's just stating a fact. There are a thousand other things over the next few months you'll go OOOHHHHHH to. That's what makes it fun.

elyetis

I checked if there was already a silencer head like that before working on mine ( and still WIP ) just a few days before that one was published. :'(

Just tried Abaddon on dota 2 test, sucked at it. Not only do you need life, but also mana, and being a melee mean you can hardly harass. I really don't get how I should play it ( in a 2 v 2 situation, in a tri vs solo it wouldn't be a problem I guess ).

shira

I checked if there was already a silencer head like that before working on mine ( and still WIP ) just a few days before that one was published. :'(

Just tried Abaddon on dota 2 test, sucked at it. Not only do you need life, but also mana, and being a melee mean you can hardly harass. I really don't get how I should play it ( in a 2 v 2 situation, in a tri vs solo it wouldn't be a problem I guess ).
T.T was looking for yours, but couldn't find it.

Anyone in Vegas?
http://i.imgur.com/d0qsPg7.jpg

Acinixys

Sheever makes me sad

Shes such a bland, uninteresting caster to listen to, but seems to be really passionate about the DotA eSports scene and everything associated with it

elyetis

T.T was looking for yours, but couldn't find it.
Still not happy about the texture ( but never will... and the mask1/mask2 work is about inexistant at this point ( I guess that's why the model is still bright even during the night in game ? ).

Even the model still need some work.

Shmowzow!

Banned
Because shadowblade is easily countered by every team ever, most don't pick invis heroes for invis since they're easily counter and smart players will see the debuff stacking and throw some dust in the air and destroy your ass.

Inivs heroes are great for pubstomping but not so great once you hit pros. BH gets picked but for his ult not for invis, similarly phantom lancer gets picked but for his huge carry potential.

I know invis is only viable early game. The problem i have here is that the graphic disappears along with razor. Me being a 6 slotted Ursa, have need of a support to carry the gem/place wards/throw dust. So when he runs up to me, he just casts static link, goes invis, then destroys me when he has drained enough. And all I see is a very short static link, then nothing (apart from the debuff stacking up), then death.

That's just stupid. I should at least be able to see the link, just not Razor attached to it. It's not like DP's ghosts disappear when she's invis, or Death Ward when WD does it...

Witch Doctor and shadow blade are broken as fuck. How the fuck does Witch Doctor turn on his ult, and then go invisible so you cant interrupt it? Complete bullshit.

TommyT

- Vladimir's Offering boosts damage on all your Spiderlings too, as do other aura's that affect all units (instead of all hero's).
- While not a great item on BM (since you already have a slow), you can use Diffusal Blade's purge on yourself to clean off dust, so you can go invis after being dusted.
- BKB is probably a good idea to use with your ultimate

- Don't roll Brood versus Earthshaker, OR be very carefull about where you move your spiderlings

JackNickelsonYes.gif

Axe > ES vs Brood!

Witch Doctor and shadow blade are broken as fuck. How the fuck does Witch Doctor turn on his ult, and then go invisible so you cant interrupt it? Complete bullshit.

Get dust, get a bkb, get a shadow blade, be a hero with invis, be axe, or have a hero with a non targetable aoe stun (nyx, lina, lesh, lion, etc.) target where he's invis.

Hylian7

Use AoE stuns if you don't have detection. Or just buy dust. You know exactly where he is so it's not like he is a Clinkz that will run super fast.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
How have I not realized that you can shadow-blade while channeling his ult...

...are you able to activate items while channeling spells?! Apparently!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
How have I not realized that you can shadow-blade while channeling his ult...

...are you able to activate items while channeling spells?! Apparently!

On that note not knowing what breaks invis and what doesn't keeps me from doing much when I'm playing invis heroes. Like, I learned the other day that placing wards doesn't break invis?

Fezan

Can some one tell me that i have downloded replay but how can i edit it on my poc.

had an excellent match yesterday. my 3teamates left around 20 mins and we continued the match for an hour and finally won

Aselith

I know invis is only viable early game. The problem i have here is that the graphic disappears along with razor. Me being a 6 slotted Ursa, have need of a support to carry the gem/place wards/throw dust. So when he runs up to me, he just casts static link, goes invis, then destroys me when he has drained enough. And all I see is a very short static link, then nothing (apart from the debuff stacking up), then death.

That's just stupid. I should at least be able to see the link, just not Razor attached to it. It's not like DP's ghosts disappear when she's invis, or Death Ward when WD does it...

You can do the same thing on a lot of ulties, you can shadowblade on CM ult and WD ult to make yourself unkillable to people without invis detection. The key is to get detection. If I were getting destroyed like you say, I'd sell one of my items and buy a gem if no one else were willing to. Sometimes it's better to have the gem than an extra item. Sounds like this was one of those times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom