• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stamped the rest of my LGD.int squad and got another treat. You need the purple style unlocked to be able to get the crab mount (which you get by stamping more teams.)

Guess I'm gonna have to play a lot more to get everybody. Even with some trading it'll take awhile.

Oh and the fantasy dotes is in the compendium now too. In addition to the voting on the solo championship. You get an item for each team, probably better ones depending on how well they do. 99 cents for each extra team though beyond the first they give you. It's the plan of an evil mastermind I tell you.

Just had a match against Abbadon for the first time. Jeez what a tough badass. It's really unpleasant to play against him...

What are good counters against him?

IceMarker

Just had a match against Abbadon for the first time. Jeez what a tough badass. It's really unpleasant to play against him...

Axe is the only hard counter off the top of my head, but then again he hard counters anyone who is good at living with low hp.

IceMarker

Official Keyart

0TRWneo.jpg

oneils

Oh my god, Blademail Lion, ahahaha!

I know it is your first game, but so many of those items are hilarious to see on those heroes. The lack of boots on a lot of people is hilarious too.

Try getting boots and upgrading them next time. Also stacking movement speed with Yasha/Manta and Drums is good on Viper.

Hylian7, took your advice to heart. Think we did much better this time.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/241498953

It was my second match played. Lots of hero kills from our side. Mostly counter-attacks. Went really well. I was in the bottom lane with Zeus. We were up against Sniper and Warlock.

Sniper would initiate contact against us with shrapnel. Zeus would blast back with lightning. He would set them up and I was luckily in the right place at the right time with the poison attack.

Also, these items worked much better. Thanks for the tips.

edit: watched the replay and found that events did not occur as I described. Interesting how memory works. Zeus and I were harassed by warlock and sniper and we did harass back. But most of the kills occur in the last third of the match after we got through to the bottom barracks. Also, its obvious that the Lich and the vengeful spirit were doing most of the pushing. I was pretty conservative. Had lots of fun.

shira

I think a lot of noobs would find this useful or conversely who doesn't work well against Yabbadabbadon.

Is the Lone Druid set cheaper in store or black market?

The set is kind of worthless as the pieces are kind of forgettable and most people stay in bear form. People only want the panda 3-5 keys. So yeah you could easily get the whole set by trade/key for cheap

Haunted

Abaddon is interesting, that ult if timed correctly is a great troll move. Devastating crit... right back to full health.

Lost my first game with him, but I felt the longer the game went the better he scaled.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Alright...thanks!

I thought it's automatically q you for solo now if you're playing solo.

If you are solo, you are now in both solo and normal. There is an option to make it so you can just be with solo people.

Any idea what the B players in the Fantasy Teams do?

If you are solo, you are now in both solo and normal. There is an option to make it so you can just be with solo people.

Any idea what the B players in the Fantasy Teams do?

I'm assuming bench.

So if someone you pick doesn't make it very far in the tournament you have a backup and can switch them out if you need them.

shira

Also, this Na'vi sponsored Anti Magi set is horrible. So bad. I guess it will push the boundaries to see how far Valve is willing to deviate with the colors.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=153775758

antimageset3.jpg

I like supporting Navi. If players and teams get money from custom items it all helps to propel e-sports.
I'm also all for color change options if modelers are running out of ideas (which it seems they are).

2400 likes/5 stars in 10 hours so that navi/ninja/samurai crowd is just going to buy this up

gillFTR

Also, this Na'vi sponsored Anti Magi set is horrible. So bad. I guess it will push the boundaries to see how far Valve is willing to deviate with the colors.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=153775758

Honestly I love the LoL skins, maybe some are too much. What's the point is we cant go offer the color scheme of a hero, It limits a lot of creativity and awesome art potential. After 4000+ hours I don't even know what the world of Dota 2 is suppose to be. You got a short dude with a sniper rifle and some guy in a suit with lasers and rockets, to mages, and skeletons with swords, Shit is all over the place. I would welcome them to deviate from the original colors a bit.

Had 3 games so far with Abaddon, 2 on my team and 1 on enemy. He's pretty awesome but people have yet to learn him from what I've saw. I've seen Abaddon ults casted before they engage teamfights, making it a practical suicide when the nukers come in later from behind.

Snowdrift

What role does Abaddon fit best in Dota? Accursed, the HoN equivalent, I usually played as a semi-support. Generally left the wards for other hard-support, and got team oriented items instead.

Anteo

Right now I feel is hard to see Abby's ult activaton in the middle of teamfights. It was much muhc easier on Wc33 Dota.

Also I fought a Abbadon that tried to went carry. He did next to nothing, his Doom however carried the team and won.

What role does Abaddon fit best in Dota? Acurssed, the HoN equivalent, I usually played as a semi-support. Generally left the wards for other hard-support, and got team oriented items instead.

Exactly as you described it. Use and abuse the low cd onhis spells, try to not be in the middle of the battle so you dont get focused but still engage some enemies.

kurahador

antimageset3.jpg

I like supporting Navi. If players and teams get money from custom items it all helps to propel e-sports.
I'm also all for color change options if modelers are running out of ideas (which it seems they are).

2400 likes/5 stars in 10 hours so that navi/ninja/samurai crowd is just going to buy this up

This set is still going to look good and fresh with the AM color code.
Looks ridiculous as it is.

The problem I have with that AM set more than the colors being off is the blatant representation of the Japanese flag. That does not fit, at all. And it's extremely tacky and uncreative in the first place.

Card Boy

Banned
I was watching a guy from Navi on twitch streaming playing Abaddon.

He leveled his W-E-R skills and avoided Death Coil all the way and put them into stats instead.

His items where

Phase Boots
Mask of Madness
Sange and Yasha
Basher
Stout shield
Magic Wand

He ended up going something crazy like 12-0-11 and they won in 18minutes.

I assume this is a typical build for Abaddon? Will i get called a scrub by team mates if i avoid Death Coil?

Clawww

the fuck is going on, my game won't even update

This set is still going to look good and fresh with the AM color code.
Looks ridiculous as it is.

right, as it stands it looks awful, altho 13-year-olds and other low-IQ types will eat it up I'm sure

it stands a chance of looking neat with AM's actual colors and some adjustments, however

I'm not convinced that valve should allow people to step out of the color boundaries

right, as it stands it looks awful, altho 13-year-olds and other low-IQ types will eat it up I'm sure

it stands a chance of looking neat with AM's actual colors and some adjustments, however

I'm not convinced that valve should allow people to step out of the color boundaries

Yeah, if you're going to step outside the guidelines, it should at least be tasteful. That AM set as it stands is not.

Anteo

I was watching a guy from Navi on twitch streaming playing Abaddon.

He leveled his W-E-R skills and avoided Death Coil all the way and put them into stats instead.

His items where

Phase Boots
Mask of Madness
Sange and Yasha
Basher
Stout shield
Magic Wand

He ended up going something crazy like 12-0-11 and they won in 18minutes.

I assume this is a typical build for Abaddon? Will i get called a scrub by team mates if i avoid Death Coil?

That's actually the build of someone really confident on their skills. Think about it as those Dazzles that avoid heal, max poison first and get Desolator really fast. same thing.

Edit: Except that is easier to pull off with Abby, since the 3rd skill is great for chases and if you dive with the shield, they can try to stop you at the risk of breaking it for extra damage.

Holy crap, I can't believe I missed this launch.

Queued myself up to see what all the fuss is about for this game. All I care about is one thing though: How is the community for newcomers in this game?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
the fuck is going on, my game won't even update

Didn't Valve do this with Gunslinger Sniper?

The sets that have been allowed outside the color boundaries often still contain the original colors and dont obfuscate the model silhouette. This AM set doesnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom