• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Not a lot of people have that though, rarely any point in doing so anyway. Are they even still available to upgrade..

Edit: Just checked, you can't even buy that upgrade thing anymore.

You now just buy the same kind of Pennant again, and combine them to up their level.

shira

Dat lodo dodge

Who's cocasting with Tobi? Sounds like N0tail.

1370620289_synderlina.jpg

manta seems like a wierd pick up for troll, wonder what the reasoning is on that besides nice movement speed.

The illusions can't bash and they don't get fervor anymore, troll's mana pool is pretty low, and he doesn't have a whole of agility that they can benefit from.

Considering they made the scene exist in the first place, it doesn't seem that crazy as it wouldn't exist otherwise.

Valve can do whatever they want with the money I mean no other game even allows anything like that but when they talk about wanting the players to get more money, giving a better cut to tournaments would help a lot

Ketch

For all Valve's talk about wanting to support the scene I find it hilarious they take 75% of tickets

It also kind of depends what that money is going towards... if they're using it to "promote the scene" or something it's not so bad.. but who knows.

For a free to play game, it must make them a crap load of money.

Abaddon is like an omniknight that sees competitive play. Poor omniknight.

yea =( Omni is like my favorite hero right now, but I'm super new, what about him keeps him from being viable? It must be because he's easily hard countered with silence.... maybe if he had a little bit higher right click or if he's ulti went through silence or something.... I don't know, I just really like him (paladin/righteous justice/"Purification!")

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Communication is super important, Black doesn't speak Swedish, so they'd have to talk in English.

Chemistry is also important, has Alliance ever played with Black standing in before?

I honestly think this one was lost at the draft. Navi is one of the best teams at hyper-aggression and that's basically the best (only) way to counter Wisp ganks. Grabbing both Druid and Alch felt a little weird though, I think Alliance could have used someone with more early game utility.

Kard8p3

I honestly think this one was lost at the draft. Navi is one of the best teams at hyper-aggression and that's basically the best (only) way to counter Wisp ganks. Grabbing both Druid and Alch felt a little weird though, I think Alliance could have used someone with more early game utility.

Yeah, the draft was definitely what lost them the game, but they had other obstacles as well that didn't help :/.

My rares :(

xanavi

yea =( Omni is like my favorite hero right now, but I'm super new, what about him keeps him from being viable? It must be because he's easily hard countered with silence.... maybe if he had a little bit higher right click or if he's ulti went through silence or something.... I don't know, I just really like him (paladin/righteous justice/"Purification!")

Well abaddon doesn't like silences either. I think it has to do with the fact that abaddon just does omni's fight-sustain job better. Abaddon has more range and a better cast animation on heal and when you put the shield on your teammates you can still heal them. Oh, and all of his cooldowns are twice as short as omni's.

Fuckingmad being fucking mad in the lobby chat still about having to play a full remake after the last time.

I don't think he has a case at all. He tried to argue that they would've won that teamfight and consequently the game, but that IMO that didn't seem the case at all to me. That game was nowhere near over for either side so a full remake is probably justified.

I can understand his frustration though, it's hard to get into a winning position against Alliance, and to see that game and their hard work disappear like that must be frustrating.

KingKong

I don't think he has a case at all. He tried to argue that they would've won that teamfight and consequently the game, but that IMO that didn't seem the case at all to me. That game was nowhere near over for either side so a full remake is probably justified.

I can understand his frustration though, it's hard to get into a winning position against Alliance, and to see that game and their hard work disappear like that must be frustrating.

They shouls be taking tips from Power Rangers

Well abaddon doesn't like silences either. I think it has to do with the fact that abaddon just does omni's fight-sustain job better. Abaddon has more range and a better cast animation on heal and when you put the shield on your teammates you can still heal them. Oh, and all of his cooldowns are twice as short as omni's.

Plus his passive helps a hell lot more than Omni's.

Hugstable

Banned
So what's gonna be gone from the store starting tomorrow? Any of the couriers? I'm worried they might take away Captain Panda and now I'm wondering if I should just buy him lol. Also are they taking Lina's Arcana hair off the market or the drop list? I just started playing 2 months ago and from the sound of how things are going to be this patch I probably won't have a chance at getting it to drop whatsoever since I'm only level 11.

shira

So what's gonna be gone from the store starting tomorrow? Any of the couriers? I'm worried they might take away Captain Panda and now I'm wondering if I should just buy him lol. Also are they taking Lina's Arcana hair off the market or the drop list? I just started playing 2 months ago and from the sound of how things are going to be this patch I probably won't have a chance at getting it to drop whatsoever since I'm only level 11.

[facepalm]

If you like something buy it - support the modelers. If you are in Dota for the sweet sweet casual item profits lol.

Captain Bamboo is pretty new. He's not going anywhere.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
We really don't know what is going away from the store, just from the drop pool. I expect a bunch of the really old sets to go away.

We really don't know what is going away from the store, just from the drop pool. I expect a bunch of the really old sets to go away.

I'd expect everything from the first couple of months to go away. So a bunch of Omni, WD, NP, Axe, Tide, and BS stuff. There are also some really old Drow and Void items that they could boot, but those 2 heroes don't have many items in the first place so they may stay.

I could also see a few old Kunkka items moving out too, given how many new sets and items he's gotten over the last few months. I believe he's received more full sets than any other hero, and like 4 mythical swords since June.

And if all of the above are removed, everyone will be happier for it. Some items really are worthless beyond gifting along or deleting for a chance at a higher rarity item.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So much for that being a legit game "feature".

No one ever said it was a legit game feature. People took way too much over that dev post. All the dev said was something along the lines of, "this is just way too funny to take out." I don't think he ever thought it would be used in a competitive game at that point. When it was, it moved from joke that's tough to pull off to legit strat and was removed accordingly. It's akin to NFL or NBA rules changing from year to year, nothing is set in stone.

I hope the new language features in the upcoming patch alleviate the communication issues that seem to run rampant in every game I play. Also I can't wait for the decreased map pinging on muted players.

I hope the new language features in the upcoming patch alleviate the communication issues that seem to run rampant in every game I play. Also I can't wait for the decreased map pinging on muted players.

Only if people who wish to speak another language queue exclusively for that language. One can hope.

No one ever said it was a legit game feature. People took way too much over that dev post. All the dev said was something along the lines of, "this is just way too funny to take out." I don't think he ever thought it would be used in a competitive game at that point. When it was, it moved from joke that's tough to pull off to legit strat and was removed accordingly. It's akin to NFL or NBA rules changing from year to year, nothing is set in stone.

Are you able to do it in DoTA?

Anteo

Are you able to do it in DoTA?

You mean Wc3d dota? Nope, it is impossible because the way on how the chain is programed. However you can do this

dsb5s11.gif

And it works with things like wisp or ezalor, pudge end up in the batlefield while the hooked hero appears in the fountain/position where chain was casted.

this thread has died ever since it started going anime

srsly

Oh, nobody denies that they dont have the "right" to do so, but its not exactly healthy in any sense

We don't really have anything else to compare it to. LoL seems to do fine and it does none of that. In fact they got rid of all their other tourneys for that goofy season structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom