• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Store has been updated, looks like the oldest set is 6 months old. Likely Valve will bring back older sets in daily sales.

Gav47

Wow, didn't expect them to remove Lina's arcana. Are all the removed items going to be saleable on the community market?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wow, didn't expect them to remove Lina's arcana. Are all the removed items going to be saleable on the community market?

I would think so, but even though my backpack has like 400 removed store items in it, only these ones can be sold on the market:

Edit: Ok, all the removed items can be sold now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Some of the items have gone up in price. First thing I have noticed is Backpack expanders now cost $6 instead of $5. Grevil eggs also went up in price, they are now $6 to buy them from Valve. Pennents cost $1.49 instead of $.99. NADota Leauge is $5 now for some reason, when it was $4 before.

I wonder if all this stuff really was supposed to go up in price, or if someone at Valve just modified every item at price X and made it Price Y.

Some of the items have gone up in price. First thing I have noticed is Backpack expanders now cost $6 instead of $5. Grevil eggs also went up in price, they are now $6 to buy them from Valve. Pennents cost $1.49 instead of $.99. NADota Leauge is $5 now for some reason, when it was $4 before.

I wonder if all this stuff really was supposed to go up in price, or if someone at Valve just modified every item at price X and made it Price Y.

Valve wants all the moneys.

Although with the Armoury change there should be a change to how much the Backpack Expander opens up as well.

shira

I would think so, but even though my backpack has like 400 removed store items in it, only these ones can be sold on the market:

Edit: Ok, all the removed items can be sold now.

If you have over 200 sales in the steammarket Valve has to report you to the IRS or something as it becomes a source of income idk?

KingKong

If you have over 200 sales in the steammarket Valve has to report you to the IRS or something as it becomes a source of income idk?

no, you have to fill in a little form (like 4 fields) if you have over 200 sales and iirc if you make over 20k a year from the market then they'll report it

it's some new online sale law, eBay has to deal with the same thing

I don't get why teams initiate on Abaddon first in teamfights. Sure he's the healer, but the time it takes to activate the ult, wait it out, and then kill him off is enough for the opposing team to get 1 or 2 kills before you do.

KingKong

apparently the new item eligibility system is pure smurf detection, some guy on Something Awful is level 22 and eligible for Arcana drops

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Pleased to see I'm eligible for Arcana drops. Level 40 or something. Knew it wasn't gonna be some crazy high level requirement like people seemed to think.

No Polycount chest though? Thought that was part of this patch.

KingKong

dont know why people are this upset about stuff being gone from the store, it just means the prices are going to be driven way down by the market. Give it a few days

Pleased to see I'm eligible for Arcana drops. Level 40 or something. Knew it wasn't gonna be some crazy high level requirement like people seemed to think.

No Polycount chest though? Thought that was part of this patch.

Polycount chests have already been dropping for a while.

Gav47

Man, if they're going open up the community market more they really need to implement some better search options. Let me sort by item quality, price, character etc.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It's not on the store, but there's a Skywrath set for sale too

This set has been ready to ship since June... and actually DID ship for about 15 minutes until they pulled it from the store because it didn't work in-game.

And now as a final little gesture to the contributor they already jerked around, the entire set is only accessible with a direct link. Yep, good stuff.

Its on the store, but since it "came out" 3 months ago, it doesn't show up as new:
http://www.dota2.com/store/#cat=3634838168&h=101

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
In captains draft, is it first player to click on become captain becomes captain?

Not only in Captains Draft, but Captains Mode.

I thought it would be a vote like system, like "Purple wants to be captain, Yes/No", but nope, just first to push the button.

KingKong

oh man I'm loving the marketplace change, so many items for so cheap. Cant wait to pick up the full Windrunner custom animation set for like 40 cents

shira

who do I know if im elegible to arcana drops?

dW20dn4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom