• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
We don't really have anything else to compare it to. LoL seems to do fine and it does none of that. In fact they got rid of all their other tourneys for that goofy season structure.
"in any sense of the word" mightve been a bit strong on my part
In terms of costing, since the game is recently developed, you could argue that the development of the game really is worth the 75% of the ticket
but i think that in a larger time period, valve's "creation" of the game becomes less and less valuable in terms of cost, since the game is largely finished and the tournament administrators actually are contributing much more to the running of the tournament than 25%. In addition, the longer time period means that their contribution to tournaments can be recouped by valve with any % of ticket sales $

Well dpmlicious seemed happy enough with the Alienware Cup's takings, so there may be hope yet.
Ange and TPL begs to differ!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Minor tip: You can shift queue up commands to familiars while they are in storm form, helps keep them from getting killed off by not moving them fast enough.

They could give out 100% away and still make mad money off of store sales that would easily make up whatever costs they run and much more.

I don't know what's the right number for them. But it's not like anyone else is pushing them to do it to stay competitive.

shira

https://github.com/eedisciple/misakaMikotoEE
Hello, I am a fan of EE, and wish to make his life all gucci with anime mods.
I've begun work on the files for the misakaMikoto mod.

If you want to help with this, contact me somehow. I currently need loads of sounds that I'll be working on myself anyway.

=================================
TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION
=================================
Project started September 22 2013:
v0.1 (pre-alpha) -
-Folder hierarchy created with reference from the saber mod
-Added spell icons
-Added selection image
-Added top hero icon
-Added minimap icon
-Added dota_english.txt modifications to include misaka's nickname, Biribiri as her hero name
-Added WIP model and textures to the wip folder
Bounchfx post carty/cartus already

Dang looks like MLG did snag DK gj

Hylian7

I think I'm now convinced that the only way to do Dusa in pubs is Radiant Ancients (I don't know the Dire method if there is one). I played two Dusa games today, one on Dire laning, and we lost it horribly (http://dotabuff.com/matches/319764616), and another where I did Ancients on Radiant, and I definitely carried. Of course there was the usual phase of "Oh shit oh fuck, one guy is fed, we're losing towers, fuck fuck." and then Stone Gaze and everyone dies: http://dotabuff.com/matches/319886169

bounchfx

Bounchfx post carty/cartus already

dude tell me about it haha. It's literally 99.9% done, should be up any hour now but I need to pass out, looking forward to seeing it when I wake up. There's going to be an SFM trailer and a regular show off vid. I'm excited.

So I just started playing this game and I played my first MM game as the sniper guy (since he was from the training). I got a lot of kills from his finisher / ultimate whatever it is called. People immediately started calling me cheap. Next game I just chose random and I got the guy who can create tree warriors. Once again, people call me cheap. Is there a list of Heroes that are considered cheap? I just want to try all the different ones without text popping up all over my screen calling me cheap or saying I spam an attack.

ink4n3

So I just started playing this game and I played my first MM game as the sniper guy (since he was from the training). I got a lot of kills from his finisher / ultimate whatever it is called. People immediately started calling me cheap. Next game I just chose random and I got the guy who can create tree warriors. Once again, people call me cheap. Is there a list of Heroes that are considered cheap? I just want to try all the different ones without text popping up all over my screen calling me cheap or saying I spam an attack.

Welcome to the Dota Community!

There are no cheap heroes. People will flame for anything and everything. Mute them if you don't want to see it.

Trying all the heroes is a great way to learn the game. Good Luck!

I think I'm now convinced that the only way to do Dusa in pubs is Radiant Ancients (I don't know the Dire method if there is one). I played two Dusa games today, one on Dire laning, and we lost it horribly (http://dotabuff.com/matches/319764616), and another where I did Ancients on Radiant, and I definitely carried. Of course there was the usual phase of "Oh shit oh fuck, one guy is fed, we're losing towers, fuck fuck." and then Stone Gaze and everyone dies: http://dotabuff.com/matches/319886169
well that settles it

The update seems to be on Valve's database already (they sent out an early warning a few hours ago). They just need to push the send to all button

What a strange time for an update. Someone at Valve uploaded it at like 1 in the morning...

kvk1

Can somebody break down for me why Kunkka is such a highly touted counter to OD mid?

Is it purely the harass from Tidebringer's cleave at no mana cost?

Or is there something else I'm missing?

SamVimes

Can somebody break down for me why Kunkka is such a highly touted counter to OD mid?

It's the harass from Tidebringers+he is fairly tanky. It's not really a counter, more like a fair matchup.

Calidor

Pretty much, od main harass tool (astral imprision) doesnt affect kunkk lane presence, although most drafters favor razor instead, given how unreliable kunkk's skills are

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
The update seems to be on Valve's database already (they sent out an early warning a few hours ago). They just need to push the send to all button

What a strange time for an update. Someone at Valve uploaded it at like 1 in the morning...

Maybe (hopefully) they want to get it out early in the day so as not to overlap with all their announcement stuff later.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
I just figured out that Cyclone (Euls Scepter) and Tornado (Invokers spell) can purge certain buffs (debuffs).

Example: Dust, Haste, etc

aghs on everyone

WgF71dM.jpg

JustinBB7

Well it's already fine on the test client, seemed done to me, wonder why it had to come out Monday. Guess because they wanted to have a site for it and shit.

Just keep leveling up then you will not get as many people who say that every character they get owned by its cheap. Instead you all have people saying I all chat that their team is a bunch of noobs.

sibarraz

Banned
I'm from south america and I play in US EAST servers, yet I still get offended with some guys who only could speak spanish since not only they don't talk the official language from the server, but also overall acts as jerks

Now, there are instances when those only spanish guys are really fun to play and cooperative, hell, at times I'm a commodity for the team since I could coordinate the play between english and spanish people

btw I had 200 matches approx and yesterday a guy was crying that how was possible that at our competitive level there was a drow

I'm from south america and I play in US EAST servers, yet I still get offended with some guys who only could speak spanish since not only they don't talk the official language from the server, but also overall acts as jerks

Now, there are instances when those only spanish guys are really fun to play and cooperative, hell, at times I'm a commodity for the team since I could coordinate the play between english and spanish people

btw I had 200 matches approx and yesterday a guy was crying that how was possible that at our competitive level there was a drow

There are no official languages for servers. Just mm filters.

Hopefully adding Spanish and Portuguese will fix some of that, but it will always exist on some level.

Ketch

Pretty much all the heroes are cheap.

There's this one guy who's pretty much an invincible killing machine at night, and then he can make it night time whenever he wants. Fuck that guy.

There's another guy who, when he hits you, he creates a copy of himself.... And when that copy hits you, it creates a copy of the copy... Until there's like 9 of them. Fuck that guy!

fiore

Banned
Is someone able to make a list of all the most competitively played heroes and a counter to each one? Like, what would be a counter to furion?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

Don't worry about it. You're not doing anything wrong, people are just assholes. All the heroes are available in the game and you should play what you want.

Just friendly advice for a newcomer though, don't play the same guy constantly. Try as many as you can.

Is someone able to make a list of all the most competitively played heroes and a counter to each one? Like, what would be a counter to furion?
Spirit Breaker is specially good against heroes like Nature's Prophet/Tinker, who most of the time splitpush alone.

Also a great dust carrier.

Stone Gaze is a really stupid spell in its current incarnation. Easily the best counter initiation spell in the game and you don't even have to fucking aim it unlike Black Hole, RP. Simply have your opponents in sight to earn a free team fight win.

Hylian7

Stone Gaze is a really stupid spell in its current incarnation. Easily the best counter initiation spell in the game and you don't even have to fucking aim it unlike Black Hole, RP. Simply have your opponents in sight to earn a free team fight win.
The catch is that they have to face you and you actually have to do damage, otherwise they can just kill you.

I love every time I do Radiant ancients, there is usually the doubt from my team. "Good luck with that.", "We're probably going to lose.", Ancient jungling is so ineffective!", etc. Then there is the surprise when I show up to my first team fight and proceed to murder everyone. I had one yesterday where I was the only survivor on both teams because their team ignored me as I killed all of them.

SamVimes

The catch is that they have to face you and you actually have to do damage, otherwise they can just kill you.

I love every time I do Radiant ancients, there is usually the doubt from my team. "Good luck with that.", "We're probably going to lose.", Ancient jungling is so ineffective!", etc. Then there is the surprise when I show up to my first team fight and proceed to murder everyone. I had one yesterday where I was the only survivor on both teams because their team ignored me as I killed all of them.

That's because your opponents aren't reacting to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom