• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

using my cs:go gabe dollars to buy cheap parts of sets i was missing here and there

thank you valve

The Valve market economy is a wonderful thing. People are buying CS GO crates for 7 dollars and I'm almost done buying a 15 dollar set with custom animations for about 3.50

Conceptor

conceptor that map was fucking awful i demand reimbursement also you scammed me those manta blades were like 45 keys each not 3 :(
how was i supposed to know people were going to ask for more then 3 keys you should have quit while you were ahead with the profit off your AM blades and not open more chests cuz now you have some useless rares :( also not my fault we got like the worst map to play on qq

The Valve market economy is a wonderful thing. People are buying CS GO crates for 7 dollars and I'm almost done buying a 15 dollar set with custom animations for about 3.50
i'd like to see Valve implement a feature to list entire sets - i have a handful of completed extra sets that i phased out and i can't be assed to price the set competitively with people selling single parts

i just bought spelunky, it's the dark souls of dota side scrolling adventure games.

Also Weaver has fucking slow ass attack animation, and so weak early game is that why xbox always tries for kills?

Atlantis

Was kind of wary about buying the new Death Prophet set since it's dropping already, but decided I liked it enough to support the creator by buying it full price.

It's absolutely amazing! The ult and portrait changes are great.

sixghost

Sc2 always had some people going around talking about how one platinum was totally better than another or how this gold was actually worse than another silver. Never really looked into it too much to see why they thought that or how they collected the data on it, but I always remember seeing them around.

That stuff was true, don't ask me know they figured it out. You couldn't compare points (whatever the in division ranking number was called) between divisions because Each division had a modifier like +200, -150, 0, or something. For instance, you could have been 1500 diamond and I'm at 1350 diamond in a different division with a harsher modifier, but Blizzard's hidden matchmaking ranking might have me above you.

It was dumb and I much preferred the simple way that ladders like iCCup used to handle rankings.

Calidor

I'm thinking about a viable OP Troll line up to try with my team / IHL...

what do you guys think about:

Offlane Troll
Mid: whatever can win mid with, but maybe Tide or Lock
Tri safe with either Abba / Visage and Cent / Tree
Carry Naix, Gyro, Spectre or
sniper

Ideally Cent+Troll ult at the same time and the Carry wrecks shit... could be fun to watch Spectre ilus double buffed

Played it an hour ago, got a team that actually communicated/no russians. And it was super fun. Best mode.

Same just had two amazing matches in a row in Captains Draft. My first one had EVERYONE with mics and the second had nearly everyone.

1st match: 320605874
2nd match: 320657350 This match here was just so amazing.

bounchfx

man, I was so pumped to see the polycount chest contents and buy some keys today. BUT NO. Noooooooo!

back to waiting ;(

good to hear about Captains Draft, hoping to play a game or two of that tonight if I can. It sounds great!

Kreunt

Banned
I'm thinking about a viable OP Troll line up to try with my team / IHL...

what do you guys think about:

Offlane Troll
Mid: whatever can win mid with, but maybe Tide or Lock
Tri safe with either Abba / Visage and Cent / Tree
Carry Naix, Gyro, Spectre or
sniper

Ideally Cent+Troll ult at the same time and the Carry wrecks shit... could be fun to watch Spectre ilus double buffed

troll, OD, enchantress, offlaner, support.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I just got out of a weird-ass game in which Axe tried to jungle in the enemy jungle at level 1, died twice in quick succession to Crystal Maiden, and then later was like "no guys I only died twice, that's not why we lost that lane so horribly"

Every time I solo queue these days it seems I regret it

Interesting, the navi queen of pain set doesn't drop. It's the only not new set that doesn't besides that one rubick set for that tournament.

Weaslecrow dropped, so it's strange they made this one special. No other team couriers drop either, so maybe it's a new thing they have. That one ugly table top game courier does drop though.

I wonder if they can be convinced to add old ticket items like the sheep courier or the tpl stuff to the drop system...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I like the new drop system, I hope valve keeps it up to date with adding and taking out sets, and they don't go months without updating the drop table.

Vaporak

So has anyone else noticed problems with the dota servers recently? I'm inconsistently getting much higher ping than I normally do to USw and USe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom