• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteo

Spirit Breaker nerf idea: he can't fucking activate his BKB in the middle of his charge

Oh! so a SB actually started doing this to you too? :lol
Last time I played against SB, after messing some of his solo ganks on me he actually did this to me just to make sure I cant disable him anymore. I actually called him on this, so fun to mess so much with someone that they actually need to waste precious seconds of bkb.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh! so a SB actually started doing this to you too? :lol
Last time I played against SB, after messing some of his solo ganks on me he actually did this to me just to make sure I cant disable him anymore. I actually called him on this, so fun to mess so much with someone that they actually need to waste precious seconds of bkb.

Yeah I was playing Disruptor. he charged me first after every fight past the second or so lol

Oh wow Captain's Draft is full of really nice and communicative people. Where has this been? Everyone had input in the draft and got to play a hero they wanted, there was actual strategy and talking. Everyone had a great time.

Also I get to say that according to dotabuff I am one of 2000 people to buy skadi on chaos knight.

captains mode is fun, people playing it are pretty terrible. Between a Drow and Death Prophet who do you get to go mid?

DP is a great mid.

Anteo

I like this

So I guess you werent around where the charge was magic inmune?
It used to indicate that you are being charged a long time ago too, they they changed it so you get a debuff only when he was close (2500 units) and now it doesn show

Also, if i was disruptor, I would have drop the ult and barrier where I was just before he hits to mess with his retreat. I would still be dead without a euls.

I like this
facebook-vs-google-advertising.png
Also more item variety in the drop system is always a good thing. Getting really cheap sets is cool too.

HYLIAN PICK LYCAN

DAMMIT ENIGMA ISN'T LYCAN

Ketch

I just got out of a weird-ass game in which Axe tried to jungle in the enemy jungle at level 1, died twice in quick succession to Crystal Maiden, and then later was like "no guys I only died twice, that's not why we lost that lane so horribly"

Every time I solo queue these days it seems I regret it

That's why I never solo que.

I think i've done it twice, and it sucked so bad.... never again.

Anteo

That's why I never solo que.

I think i've done it twice, and it sucked so bad.... never again.

When I play with friends I go back to normal bracket (not that I can know now with the last patch). I feel either the games are too easy or the extra players in the team are throwing hard.

Not really but seriously, I dont have a bad time in solo queue all the time

sixghost

So what's my job in teamfights as support Abaddon? Do I just sit back and heal while waiting to dispel stuns or debuffs on my carry? If they pop BKB and get hit my something like roar that goes through BKB, can I still put the shield on them?

Anteo

So what's my job in teamfights as support Abaddon? Do I just sit back and heal while waiting to dispel stuns or debuffs on my carry? If they pop BKB and get hit my something like roar that goes through BKB, can I still put the shield on them?

Heal and shield allies, if your hp pool is not that high try to not be in the middle of the battle.
You do need to get in and do some damage here and there. Also if you are getting focused use your ult early, it generally takes the enemy by surprise and they heal you a bit. Sometimes is good to help by unsing coil on enemies, the range is long and you can deactivate a dagger if they are trying to escape.

You cant cast shield if they are magic inmune (bkb)

Alternatively charge in and see if they're moronic enough to keep attacking you through Borrowed Time.

If yes, become the team's initiator and let your buddies clean up.

JustinBB7

I off-laned abbadon in that captains draft game. He's so broken in a way, my crystal maiden gets mirana arrowed? Shield and she's fine. Tidehunter blinks in and ravages with my shield on him, almost dies, I just heal him up and he runs out. etc etc.

Such a good hero

Man, I wish Silencer had more items than that goofy set. The only cool parts are the shield and bracers.

But 34 cents later and my Silencer looks cool.

I am spending too much money (about 75 cents) topping off load outs I wanted to finish for awhile.

Finally got that Dazzle headdress I wanted for awhile. Probably going to look for some Bounty Hunter items later.

I love this update. It makes lazy people who hate trading happy because I can get items for <1 dollar.

KingKong

Man, I wish Silencer had more items than that goofy set. The only cool parts are the shield and bracers.

But 34 cents later and my Silencer looks cool.

I am spending too much money (about 75 cents) topping off load outs I wanted to finish for awhile.

Finally got that Dazzle headdress I wanted for awhile. Probably going to look for some Bounty Hunter items later.

I love this update. It makes lazy people who hate trading happy because I can get items for <1 dollar.

tell me about it, it's so addicting. I even completed the Drow Ranger set because I already had 2 drops from it and it was just 10 cents to finish it and I don't even play Drow

also pimping out my Kunkka

dorkimoe

i didnt read all the new updates for the patch, but the red health bars for the enemies are so god damn cool

also yeah a fed storm is the most ANNOYING thing in dota

I need some help with late game item decisions. I'm perfectly able to decide what I should build into until around the 45 min mark, but when games get really long and the list of items I can get gets longer I don't know how to decide what to go for. These 2 games are the perfect example:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/320497946
I played Lina support. I think I made the right decision with most of the items, but I was really iffy on getting the refresher, and just got it because I liked the idea of 2500 burst damage. What should I have gotten instead?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/317056303
Anti-Mage. Again, I'm pretty sure those are the items I should get, but I also had a ton of gold I didn't know what to do with besides buyback. Should I have gotten rid of the Battle Fury for an Abyssal or something? Also, when six-slotted, should I get the aegis or should I leave it for someone else? I decided to let someone else take it.

I'm amazed how everyone seems to have positive experiences with it.

It isn't as intimidating as Captain's mode because of the limited pool of heroes, and you can ban out any heroes you don't like playing against. Also, there's some improvisation needed because of the limited pool, and that's a lot of fun as well.

TommyT

I need some help with late game item decisions. I'm perfectly able to decide what I should build into until around the 45 min mark, but when games get really long and the list of items I can get gets longer I don't know how to decide what to go for. These 2 games are the perfect example:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/320497946
I played Lina support. I think I made the right decision with most of the items, but I was really iffy on getting the refresher, and just got it because I liked the idea of 2500 burst damage. What should I have gotten instead?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/317056303
Anti-Mage. Again, I'm pretty sure those are the items I should get, but I also had a ton of gold I didn't know what to do with besides buyback. Should I have gotten rid of the Battle Fury for an Abyssal or something? Also, when six-slotted, should I get the aegis or should I leave it for someone else? I decided to let someone else take it.

That burst on Lina is good; but don't forget to use your other skills/items before refresher so they refresh as well. Travels for sure would have been an upgrade, and even a BKB (which isn't really the best Veno...) would have been ok. Utility is always good, so if you're over flowing with cash don't underestimate more silence/lockdown and maybe pick up an Orchid.

I don't feel you need the BKB on AM. If they're going to blow everything on you, then the rest of your team will just steam roll them. Plus, should you die, you can buy back and boots into the fight. Ultra late - like you said, drop the Battle Fury and Abyssal. If you go sans BKB you'll have room for Aegis - or you can just drop the BKB and get it after Aegis is used :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom