• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Practice it a lot. You just need to develop the muscle memory of tabbing between each Meepo. You can try turning on smart cast so that you don't need to left click between tabs.

If you're bored, just open up notepad or something and spam 2w tab w tab w tab w tab 1q.
Make sure you have a control group with all the secondary meepos. Also dont forget to poof the first meepo after you net. Seeing as how you have a Flash avatar, I'm sure you can pull it off.

This...might actually be what I need

The Technomancer

The phrasing I made makes it sound like i dislike icefraud. It is love/hate.

Not all changes are made with consideration to comp, but tournament balance is what drives most of the changes. Centaur sat out of CM for the longest time in dota 2 but was nerfed like a week or two after he was patched in.

To be fair that's because his ult was drastically reworked at the exact same time he was put in. It used to just be a passive +15/30/45 strength or something

Part of the reason I dislike icefraud is how long it takes for him to push out changes. It's been sb non stop every single ap game for like the last 3 months, it's really getting to me.
People should stop sucking. I've seen SBs get denied into uselessness to the point that they all-chat whined for the game to just end. He's really an all-or-nothing hero, and if you force team fights exclusively, he has nothing to do at all.

Dahbomb

They changed the way data is streamed to the client from the hard drive it looks like, it's probably a problem with that. It's really obvious when I open up the store, the hero gird or a hero's skills for the first time and all the pictures stream in.
Yeah I tinkered around with some settings and cleared up my CPU usage, now it's running better. I still have those images loading up really late along with the store items but that's a minor issue.

Gav47

All the bounty hunter sets are ridiculously cheap on the market place now, finished my Crimson Cut-throat set for like €1.50. Did I read that item creators get a cut of the sales from the market place?

Got the Deepest Depths HUD the other day though. Still the best one I think.

Damn straight.

Schwinehund you missed my bold ;)

I literally just started watching but had to pause to say holy shit dat invoker #11. As a noob that was awe-inspiring, now back to the rest of the video lol.

Edit: This whole episode was way better than usual, and had 12 clips to boot. Wonder why so many good ones came so suddenly.
People started submitting more after dotacinema asked them to because they were lacking quality submissions.

Hylian7

People did say the same thing about Drow.

But Drow wasn't in CM back then and she was one of those heroes IceFrog was testing stuff with to see what worked, kind of like how Huskar is today.

Did we ever get an explanation on why Medusa is in CM in Dota 2 now even though she's not in CM in Dota 1?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Hey guys, random question but how do you do the over the shoulder camera thing that they have in the Fails of the Week videos?

Razzer

Schwinehund you missed my bold ;)

People started submitting more after dotacinema asked them to because they were lacking quality submissions.

Makes sense, although I was worried there was just not enough good clips when the first few episodes after the change had way less.

Wok

I had a game in which I thought we were playing decently, yet still lost. What is unconceivable is that, although the Troll Warlord was at a disadvantage in the early game, he finishes the game with an average of 828 XPM and 535 GPM in the end, with top items, etc. If someone here understands how this is done, please explain it to me.

I don't get it :eek:

And unreleased set for Kunkka that turns him into a boat
Dota2_KunkkaIron.jpg

Valve accidentally added the shoulders and bracers of the set to the drop system, but that doesn't stop people thinking the hat is in the system.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I had a game in which I thought we were playing decently, yet still lost. What is unconceivable is that, although the Troll Warlord was at a disadvantage in the early game, he finishes the game with an average of 828 XPM and 535 GPM in the end, with top items, etc. If someone here understands how this is done, please explain it to me.

Here's what happened:

1) Your BS is a moron
2) You have 4 carries and they're all morons
3) You had the highest GPM on your team for 20 minutes. This means that there was no way you were going to catch up to their team once they started afk farming
4) Troll was never really at a significant disadvantage. Your early death to Ursa threw away your first 2-3 minutes of momentum and you never really got that back because your BS couldn't farm for shit, bought stupid items and generally has no idea how to play his hero. This is not a matter of Troll magically pulling ahead, but more that the rest of your team keeps falling behind.
5) Once they started five manning, all your farming stopped because you didn't have the team fight to challenge them straight up. Since you were already behind, this just gave their carries more room to farm.

tl;dr: Troll didn't do anything aside from follow his team and farm where he can, it's your teammates who dropped the ball. If your BS knew what he was doing, Troll would've been so much further behind.

Wok

Here's what happened:

1) Your BS is a moron
2) You have 4 carries and they're all morons
3) You had the highest GPM on your team for 20 minutes. This means that there was no way you were going to catch up to their team once they started afk farming
4) Troll was never really at a significant disadvantage. Your early death to Ursa threw away your first 2-3 minutes of momentum and you never really got that back because your BS couldn't farm for shit, bought stupid items and generally has no idea how to play his hero. This is not a matter of Troll magically pulling ahead, but more that the rest of your team keeps falling behind.
5) Once they started five manning, all your farming stopped because you didn't have the team fight to challenge them straight up. Since you were already behind, this just gave their carries more room to farm.

tl;dr: Troll didn't do anything aside from follow his team and farm where he can, it's your teammates who dropped the ball. If your BS knew what he was doing, Troll would've been so much further behind.

Thanks. It looked like magic to me, and I need to understand what happened.

shira

Is that hacks? 35 minute skaadi jakiro is pretty elite.

The Technomancer

Jesus fucking christ, a team with Silencer, Undying and Venge and no wards until twenty minutes. Everyone was like "Lifestealer you noob why you die so much" maybe its because there was nowhere I could safely farm
This Undying dives behind creeps to try and get a kill on an Ogre Magi at level 2, and when he dies he pings me furiously. Its like "no there was no way that was going to go well"

Jesus fucking christ, a team with Silencer, Undying and Venge and no wards until twenty minutes. Everyone was like "Lifestealer you noob why you die so much" maybe its because there was nowhere I could safely farm
This Undying dives behind creeps to try and get a kill on an Ogre Magi at level 2, and when he dies he pings me furiously. Its like "no there was no way that was going to go well"

Undying wifestealer lane sounds awesome.

I'll put the blame on you.

Low Tier
You put poiñts iñto rage añyways, magic immuñity is kiñda owñage. Añd opeñ wouñds + zombies is a pretty stroñg combo.

Karakand

Sometimes you gotta let your partner in lane drag you into #yolo #swag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom