• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Just tried out the Medusa ancient farming trick in a bot game to see how it goes. Man this is pretty good. If you have good lanes and need a jungler, but do this trick instead.. good stuff. One of the hardest carries in the game getting free farm.

Guess it also depends on how well your lanes are going of course but still.
Even if things are going south in lanes, as long as they don't bother you, you can show up to a fight at 10 minutes and murder them. Then that is when the other team goes "Oh shit there was a Medusa on their team!"

TommyT

got a link for that? I could use some twitch tweaking

Since I got back from PAX, it's been absolutely horrid. I can't stream at anything other than the lowest setting. Anyone that doesn't have that option and has a higher source quality than about medium is unwatchable :(

Sibylus

Banned
For all the SB is OP talk, the last few I've seen were absolutely terrible and contributed next to nothing to their teams. Maybe it's a side-effect of the "omg SB is broken in pubs" meta - every jackass without a clue picks him. Huskar on the other hand... :/
Lemme guess, charging straight through middle lane, things of this nature?

One of the hardest carries in the game getting free farm.

I haven't found this to be the case. Laning or jungling, being a ranged carry offers the advantage of being reasonably safe as a farmer. Unless you're against a tri-lane or unless you're support picked a support that can't do any actual supporting, you should be fine farming. Her damage is pretty good IMO.

Jungle farming is for when you want to watch the football game while you play, because there's literally nothing to it. AFK autoattacking for 50 seconds every minute. But yea ancient farming can be done with or without wards. Just depends on your needs. Generally with any ancient farming plan, you need to have a snowballer mid. Can't have an afk farmer mid (say, a Weaver or OD...or someone else who doesn't really want to leave the lane to gank) because the solo lane will need help before the ancient farmer is ready to be helpful. If you have someone like Pudge or SF or Huskar mid, you'll be fine most of the time unless they're bad.

No, she was picked before.

(She got wrecked.)

My baby can't be expected to carry every scrub comp. Even Jesus couldn't heal everyone. Doesn't mean she's any less divine.

shira

Joined the steammachines beta, got this little boozer
or was it a drop? idk happened at the same time bored in a game and signed up while they fountain farmed
ibqI4yoegb0WXe.png

sephi22

Joined the steammachines beta, got this little boozer
or was it a drop? idk happened at the same time bored in a game and signed up while they fountain farmed
ibqI4yoegb0WXe.png
Dude. Same thing happened to me. I didn't even join the beta. I just clicked the link and input my login details but the page was hammered and it wouldn't let me join in.

But this showed up in my inventory out of nowhere

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I haven't found this to be the case. Laning or jungling, being a ranged carry offers the advantage of being reasonably safe as a farmer. Unless you're against a tri-lane or unless you're support picked a support that can't do any actual supporting, you should be fine farming. Her damage is pretty good IMO.

Jungle farming is for when you want to watch the football game while you play, because there's literally nothing to it. AFK autoattacking for 50 seconds every minute. But yea ancient farming can be done with or without wards. Just depends on your needs. Generally with any ancient farming plan, you need to have a snowballer mid. Can't have an afk farmer mid (say, a Weaver or OD...or someone else who doesn't really want to leave the lane to gank) because the solo lane will need help before the ancient farmer is ready to be helpful. If you have someone like Pudge or SF or Huskar mid, you'll be fine most of the time unless they're bad.

My baby can't be expected to carry every scrub comp. Even Jesus couldn't heal everyone. Doesn't mean she's any less divine.

I liked her better in League.

Oh man that's too bad those things are like omni bracers now

well worst case, it'll never be worth less than $40.

also, they've sold out again. it may be another month before more become available. maybe longer. I expect them to continue to fall, then begin to rise again. They were only in stock for what? a couple of hours? and Volvo couldn't have sold that many CK t-shirts with incorrect codes on them. The new equilibrium for them might end up around $150 or something. Far from the $275 last week, but more than triple the investment for anyone looking to sell if they bought a plushie.

sephi22

"Due to an issue with the Natures Prophet plushie codes at TI3, owners of the Plushie or CK Entropic set have been granted a Flowering Treant"

Cyborgmatt tweeted this. (got it from Reddit)

I owned the CK set. So that's why I got this.

I'd assume this would have been for people that had them already? I'm sure the code issues that sparked this moment of alturism have been corrected. lol

Yea, and I also read it backwards, it's only if you owned the CK set that you get the treant, not the reverse (oh well).

This was probably a super easy way to fix the issue with the codes from TI3.

sephi22

You need to have entered the code on your account, and not obtained the set through trades.
I bought the tee off the online store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom