• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
what i thought ace was the devil
evil is redeemed by money and #productionvalues

7jzcy2B.jpg

3nqu2fS.jpg

T182uup.jpg

KZA2BHN.jpg

elyetis

Ugh, bad experience today that makes me not even want to play Dota.

My mouse is breaking, so I decided to stop at GS today and ask if they had anything gaming mice/knew of anyone who did, guy straight up said, "Yeah, we have a gaming mouse, one sec." Was a razer nostromos. I thought it was just a huge ass mouse with extra buttons, get it home, open it up and I find it's just a gimped left side of the keyboard, no way I can play my favorite hero Chen with this.. Worst of all I don't think the guy gave me a receipt, I looked all over my room for it :/

Maybe I can salvage this and use it for something else.. Maybe..

:(
I can't play dota without my nostromo, mostly because it was the answer to allowing me to control the camera with my left hand while still being efficient at using skills with it ( with the thumb / on the circle pad ).

Thought it's probably something I should stop doing. :/

I have every Juggernaut item there is, except for one. If it wasn't going on the market for $100, I'd be all over that in an instant, but I can't justify spending so much just to finish my collection, especially since I'm in such a financial bind right now. :'(

Other than the missing piece, though, wat'cha think, GAF? Juggernaaaauuuuuuuuuuu--

shira

Ur missing the stranges.

Actually it's pretty easy to buy almost all of that on the market now. Maybe a few days ago impressive to track down all that stuff, but now its kind of easy with a few clicks.

Ur missing the stranges.

Actually it's pretty easy to buy almost all of that on the market now. Maybe a few days ago impressive to track down all that stuff, but now its kind of easy with a few clicks.

Actually, the items you see are all the strange versions where applicable. (I didn't see a reason to have multiple versions of the same item, so I just prioritized strange over the default and tournament items.)

My Script sword is still impressive--right? :'( Did some fancy trading for that one.

Wok

If I want to sell some of my Dota 2 items, is there a risk if I try to go for Paypal instead of the Steam market? Otherwise, the transaction fee would be worth the security of not having to trade with a scammer.

fiore

Banned
I have every Juggernaut item there is, except for one. If it wasn't going on the market for $100, I'd be all over that in an instant, but I can't justify spending so much just to finish my collection, especially since I'm in such a financial bind right now. :'(

Other than the missing piece, though, wat'cha think, GAF? Juggernaaaauuuuuuuuuuu--
Which juggernaut item costs $100?

shira

Actually, the items you see are all the strange versions where applicable. (I didn't see a reason to have multiple versions of the same item, so I just prioritized strange over the default and tournament items.)

My Script sword is still impressive--right? :'( Did some fancy trading for that one.

Ah, WP then. GJ. that's a pretty penny for all them stranges

Conceptor

If I want to sell some of my Dota 2 items, is there a risk if I try to go for Paypal instead of the Steam market? Otherwise, the transaction fee would be worth the security of not having to trade with a scammer.
depends on the value of your items but in short, yes. Only trade with a trusted user and use a middleman to be safe.

M.D

Ah, I was bored and decided to buy 2 keys for the new chests, got the Arcs of Manta and the hair for Templar Assassin

Any chance it will go up in price, or should I just sell it now?

What happened to the weekly patches after TI3 actually? It feels like the development of Dota 2 has slowed down to snail's pace and it wasn't particularly impressive to begin with frankly.

What happened to the weekly patches after TI3 actually? It feels like the development of Dota 2 has slowed down to snail's pace and it wasn't particularly impressive to begin with frankly.

Valve appears to be transitioning to TF2 style updating.

Which would be fine by me except they still haven't ported all the heroes yet.

Any chance it will go up in price, or should I just sell it now?

If things continue as they are, the Arcs of Manta should continue to (very slowly) rise in price, up until Valve does something shake up item availability.

The TA hair is nigh-worthless now and will remain that way.

dorkimoe

played my first LD game yesterday haha

I dont get it..other than the fact i was lanned against timbersaw who ended up 7 levels higher than me. I was so squishy and so was bear :(

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
What are everybody's expectations for patches going forward then? Never really followed TF2 so I dunno how often they came out. Personally I'm kind of guessing one real patch a month.

Have to imagine we'll get a big one for Diretide and then maybe in November we'll finally get a new hero.

JustinBB7

What are everybody's expectations for patches going forward then? Never really followed TF2 so I dunno how often they came out. Personally I'm kind of guessing one real patch a month.

Have to imagine we'll get a big one for Diretide and then maybe in November we'll finally get a new hero.

TF2 big updates are more like once every 2/3 months. We got Halloween coming up soon and already had a minor hint for that (Haunted items in the Armory) so that will be the next one I suppose. With smaller patches in between with just bug fixes/other minor stuff.

LC doesn't really strike me as a Halloween hero so.. november/december sounds like a good bet for her.

At TF2's peak for updates (mid 2009-late 2011) we got a major update usually once ever month or two. In between they had smaller patches that added some light content (a couple hats or sounds or something) and any bug fixes they had made, but it wasn't a consistent schedule or anything.

played my first LD game yesterday haha

I dont get it..other than the fact i was lanned against timbersaw who ended up 7 levels higher than me. I was so squishy and so was bear :(

At level 7 you have a 2700 HP unit with 6 armour under your command. In what world is that considered 'squishy?' Bear falls off in the lategame due to not having a STR stat and no good pure HP items, but that doesn't sound like the problem.

elyetis

TF2 big updates are more like once every 2/3 months. We got Halloween coming up soon and already had a minor hint for that (Haunted items in the Armory) so that will be the next one I suppose. With smaller patches in between with just bug fixes/other minor stuff.

LC doesn't really strike me as a Halloween hero so.. november/december sounds like a good bet for her.
If we get a new hero every two month ( which soon will fel like an optimist bet ) and dota 1 get 1 new hero per year, then we won't even have parity for TI5, if there is even one.

belvey

not sure if this has been mentioned, but erik johnson speaks about patch frequency in this interview:

http://www.rtsguru.com/game/417/art...bout-Dota-2s-Present-and-Future-Part-One.html

On the flip side, we're getting to a point where we probably will – we're not going to slow down the amount of work that we're doing on Dota, but we are going to slow down the pace that we release that a little bit, so that we can have more significant, large-scale updates of new features, new content, and give people time to adjust to the game so it's not changing quite as quickly.

not sure if this has been mentioned, but erik johnson speaks about patch frequency in this interview:

http://www.rtsguru.com/game/417/art...bout-Dota-2s-Present-and-Future-Part-One.html

I'm almost positive Abaddon was our last single hero release.

Going forward I think heroes will come in threes or fours, so everyone adjusts at the same time and it isn't a rollercoaster of balance.

I see the next one being Legion Commander, Ember Spirit and Techies. Probably in a month or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom