• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duran

Due to an issue with the Natures Prophet plushie codes at TI3, owners of the Plushie or CK Entropic set have been granted a Flowering Treant.

Do you mean owners of the Plushie get an additional Treant? Because most people probably submitted a steam ticket and received one anyways (like me). And how would Valve know who owns a plushie?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Do you mean owners of the Plushie get an additional Treant? Because most people probably submitted a steam ticket and received one anyways (like me). And how would Valve know who owns a plushie?

They ended up giving the same code with the Plushie as with the shirt, so they just give people with those codes both items.

G.ZZZ

Nice to see Loda popularizing my safe lane Jugg build (Phase, PMS, Jjango, Agha), maybe i'll see less terrible battlefury rushes.

Shinypogs

Alliance's games today were interesting to say the least. Kinda amusing that EGM was the only one to die that first game.

Random question.
How many heroes ride actual horses and could you put them together for a horseman of the Apocalypse type lineup for fun?

ksan

Nice to see Loda popularizing my safe lane Jugg build (Phase, PMS, Jjango, Agha), maybe i'll see less terrible battlefury rushes.

i gotta say, i like phase/pms/django unchained/bfury/agha, then again most people don't farm well enough to make bfury worth it on jugg

JustinBB7

Alliance's games today were interesting to say the least. Kinda amusing that EGM was the only one to die that first game.

Random question.
How many heroes ride actual horses and could you put them together for a horseman of the Apocalypse type lineup for fun?

CK, Kotl, Abaddon (if you wanna count his as a horse)

rest are all not really horses.

G.ZZZ

i gotta say, i like phase/pms/django unchained/bfury/agha, then again most people don't farm well enough to make bfury worth it on jugg

The main issues i have with battlefury is that you can't outcarry anything even if you farm 300 cs in 30 min. If you go for the lategame Jugg is pretty bad. Better go for the pattern kill someone with ulti/spin-> push with ward, and win early on. You may be less in a pinch if you go for dual or tri core or something, especially Bear is really good with him.
And if you get to late, my favourite item after agha is basher to make that ulti a super good initiating tool (you should try to get the bkb carry with this anyway).

I like Captain's Draft, even tho it might be lop sided in skill and some picks are just bad. I like it because there will always be support heroes, mid heroes and carries on the team.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Jugg's crit is does the second must overall damage due to how often it procs, making him scale decently.

I wonder if him being able to stop bladefurry early would be A decent buff.

G.ZZZ

New EG looks so good.
Fogged is surprising me, and Jeyo play an extremely safe-solid carry. Universe is probably the second or third best NA player right now (best offlaner by far imho) while Fear is still the best (RTZ retired and Relic still no team so they don't count or they'd be 1# and 2#).

But most of all the decision making has improved so much.

TommyT

Jugg's crit is does the second must overall damage due to how often it procs, making him scale decently.

How so? So he could use it to avoid magical spells/damage then stop it to attack?

edit: I'd like to see them add the damage when he's attacking during Bladefury yet remove the crit modifier. Would give him a nice boost and still have to have the penalty of commitment with the skill.

Wok

Oh man keep it. My recommendation was only for those who just wanted to sell it.

If you like NP at all, keep it. It looks great.

I have only started playing NP today because of the cosmetics I had in my inventory. I thought it would be boring after I watched an iceice game on youtube. In fact, the jungle is pretty safe, and when you get the right items, you pop and push everywhere on the map and this is fun.

This is my first game with NP: I did not know how to jungle but I knew how to push.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/323603140

This is my second game with NP: I farmed more decently in the jungle, and I kept popping and pushing.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/323701846

G.ZZZ

Jugg crit is a trap.
You have average ms (305) and stats, 0 way to avoid being kited outside of your ultimate and your magic immunity do fixed damage, basically nullifying all your items (and your crit). Your ulti only semi-scale from your items too (auto-attacks and whatsnot), and you are a mediocre farmer too.
Instead of a crit Jugg should have a form of steroid that work on towers (like a BAT reducer), that way people would understand that he's actually a pusher.

Being able to stop bladefury would be a really good buff (as you could use it as a pseudo phase shift), but i'd rather IF rework his crit as it really work badly on this hero and is already used on lots of other heroes anyway.

G.ZZZ

How so? So he could use it to avoid magical spells/damage then stop it to attack?

Yeah late game the DPS for bladefury is abysmal compared to autos, but the ability to dodge stuns and big nukes is still amazing, think puck phase shift. 5 seconds of no attacks are a lot when you've got a Deso or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom