• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

So I saw this at the end of my match, made me chuckle.

ucqXwJd.gif

Shhhhhh.

bounchfx

of all the single items I submitted I did not expect the Enchantress spear to get in this chest. I'm SUPER pumped it did since I liked it a lot, but it got 0 attention on the workshop page. However I'm really happy with the dazzle, ck, and FV weps I did, so hopefully they'll get in soon too!!

http://tf2b.com/updates/dota

meadows_mercy_large.4be10086d7460c2c9f53349bf304be14bb3cab35.png

:D

Tagyhag

of all the single items I submitted I did not expect the Enchantress spear to get in this chest. I'm SUPER pumped it did since I liked it a lot, but it got 0 attention on the workshop page. However I'm really happy with the dazzle, ck, and FV weps I did, so hopefully they'll get in soon too!!

:D

Congrats!

Anyone have any details on this new patch?

parasight

Meh, only the enchantress weapon is interesting out of that chest. I had higher hopes for something out of Polycount.

Might grab the Nexon courier.

bounchfx

Meh, only the enchantress weapon is interesting out of that chest.

GOOD ANSWER. ;)

also, it was for a 'monthly' competition that was originally just for dire heroes, then another month for radiant... it looks like they combined the two. but yeah they're simpler stuff because people were working under the impression of a time constraint. No mounts or anything this time. I wonder what other couriers are hidden within though? isn't there usually a chance % of some REALLY rare couriers?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The game now tells you are banned:
"DOTA_Suspension_Title" "Dota 2 Account Suspended"
"DOTA_Suspension_Desc" "You've been suspended from Dota 2 after external tools attached to Dota 2 were detected by the Valve Anti-Cheat system. This suspension will end on %s1."

Lets see, there are a bunch of hats, they took out even more items from the drop pool.

The Troll Priest's Heal finally has Autocast! About damn time.

Thats about it. Matt will likely let us know if their is something good in the model's/materials folders, likely the update was likely so large to fix some of the graphical glitches.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jugg's crit is does the second must overall damage due to how often it procs, making him scale decently.

I wonder if him being able to stop bladefurry early would be A decent buff.
I don't think he needs buffs. He just isn't trending

NBtoaster

How do you jungle radiant ancients as Medusa? Like I get that you stack them, but when do you kill them?

You sit in the trees and split shot them. You need a quelling blade to cut yourself a passage in, and a ward to see the ancients. It's not something you should try without practicing though.

Kreunt

Banned
i'd buff SB just out of spite for people who spend all their time complaining about him instead of learning how to play against him.

Duesy

You sit in the trees and split shot them. You need a quelling blade to cut yourself a passage in, and a ward to see the ancients. It's not something you should try without practicing though.

You don't need a ward if you know how to cut trees. On both dire and radiant you don't need wards to do it. As for the method,you just constantly attack them until it's getting close to stack time and then let them reset. If you miss a stack it seriously slows you down.

I've only done it a 3 or 4 times but taking wards from people that actually need it made me find out how to do it without them.

On radiant and dire you can do this with any ranged hero with good enough range. Funnik does it on radiant with wr to some success in competitive matches.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I did it after seeing it on stream once. It's not hard. http://dotabuff.com/matches/311839083

Just cut a path from 7 o'clock to 12 (ancients) and hold position at 8 o'clock and split shot. EZ GOLD EZ LEVELS. You can't see the exact radiant camp, but you'll see enough that your arrows will draw aggro so you don't need to move.

Our team outclassed them anyway, but it was hilarious to TP to a fight, pop ult, hit everyone, then go back to farming. Yes I know I did not farm well I only play supports.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You don't need a ward if you know how to cut trees. On both dire and radiant you don't need wards to do it. As for the method,you just constantly attack them until it's getting close to stack time and then let them reset. If you miss a stack it seriously slows you down.

I've only done it a 3 or 4 times but taking wards from people that actually need it made me find out how to do it without them.

On radiant and dire you can do this with any ranged hero with good enough range. Funnik does it on radiant with wr to some success in competitive matches.

Can you elaborate?

belvey

So Na'Vi and VP are hosting a Doto tournament where 25% of DotaTV ticket sales add towards the base prize pool of $50k.

This either means one of two things:

1) The organizations are fronting their portion of ticket sales towards the prize pool
2) Valve is taking 25% less than normal (50% total) to contribute to this tournament's pool.

I'd like to believe the second, but it's probably the first.

hopefully it'll be similar to the workshop change, in which they allowed the creator to funnel money to contributors:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/SteamWorkshop/announcements/detail/1819734886367365945

The contribution will be made from a set percentage that is redirected from Valve to the toolmakers, not taken from the item creator's royalty.

GorillaJu

Damn. Bought a flowering treant when they hit 90 yesterday and it's up to 140-ish now. holding onto about 200 now from buying one polo shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom