• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny, LOL got another hero just today..

jinx_splash_10.jpg

after getting a new one last month.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I miss terrorblade

Same, one of the most fun and most iconic dota 1 heroes and they haven't even started preliminary work on him. Porting the fckn dumbass LoL-esque new heroes like Timbersaw, Skywrath, and Ember before an original that is up there with SF and pudge. WHAT A JOKE GAME.

Let's hope he's only delayed because Gabe is begging Blizzard with giant gobs of cash in order to copy paste Illidan's model directly into dota.

Kard8p3

Ugh, GAF, I need advice.

I really want to like Naix, he's fun to play, but no matter what I do, it just doesn't seem to be enough to kill heroes, often time I'll get a hero almost dead and my teammate takes it, one game I had like 16 assists with him :/.

Aaron

Ugh, GAF, I need advice.

I really want to like Naix, he's fun to play, but no matter what I do, it just doesn't seem to be enough to kill heroes, often time I'll get a hero almost dead and my teammate takes it, one game I had like 16 assists with him :/.
You're playing right. He's an initiator not a ganker like Riki.

Boken

Banned
are you cancelling your backswing to maximise damage output?

naix doesnt naturally kill things amazingly well since his feast is current hp% and the rage uptime isnt that high early game so you'll need items, or to hit them for a long time.

what kind of damage output are you expecting, from lich auto to drow

Kard8p3

are you cancelling your backswing to maximise damage output?

naix doesnt naturally kill things amazingly well since his feast is current hp% and the rage uptime isnt that high early game so you'll need items, or to hit them for a long time.

what kind of damage output are you expecting, from lich auto to drow

Nah I haven't been canceling backswing, but I'll definitely be doing that now.

and I'm not expecting anything crazy, was just expecting something a step above what he is; he seems like he'd be made for killing things better, I guess I was just expecting too much.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So I know Abaddon shouldn't really be played as a carry but my last 2 games as carry Abaddon have gone swimmingly.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Played my first Earthshaker game, he's a pretty cool guy. Lot of standing around but big impact when you jump in. It was 92 minutes though, about 70 of which we were down 2 lanes of racks just defending, ugh (we lost).

Also tried out Tree, might be my new favorite dude. Just needs some mana boots and he's good to go. Smashing fools and spreading love all over the map.

Dec

funny, LOL got another hero just today..

Wha? No it didn't. They announce and show art for heroes long before they release. The last one took over a month from it's announcement to get added or some shit.

And her in game model is disappointing compared to the concept.

Arkanius

As Juggernaut I always build PMS->Phase->Drums->Yasha->Shadow Blade if the game requires other wise /Desolator/Butterfly + Finish Manta.

It's so fun using Shadow Blade and one shotting lone people with the ultimate.

elyetis

Wha? No it didn't. They announce and show art for heroes long before they release. The last one took over a month from it's announcement to get added or some shit.

And her in game model is disappointing compared to the concept.
Announcing/showing things before an update, what a strange way of working.

My brain had to shift for a second there. I thought "oh, this is kind of a neat Dazzle set" but then I looked closely and learned the horrible truth.

There's a hero who can have native american stuff all over if they wanted that theme. Shadow Demon is not that hero.

TommyT

Ugh, GAF, I need advice.

Play Sniper if you're wanting a lot of kills. That said, you're basically just complaining about being KS'd.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=181636596

When I think "Shadow Demon" I also think "Native American headdress"

SD Now stands for any of the following tribes + "Demon" :

Saanich, Sac, Sahaptin, Salhulhtxw, Salinan, Salish, Samish, Sandia, Sanish (Sahnish), San Felipe, San Ildefonso, San Juan, Sanpoil, Santa Ana, Santa Clara, Santiam, Santo Domingo, Saponi, Sarcee (Sarsi), Sastean (Sasta), Satsop, Savannah, Sauk, Saulteaux, Schaghticoke (Scaticook), Sechelt, Secwepemc (Secwepmectsin), Sekani, Selkirk, Seminoles, Seneca, Seri, Serrano, Seshelt, Severn Ojibwe, Shanel, Shasta (Shastan), Shawnee (Shawano), Shinnecock, Shoshone (Shoshoni), Shuar, Shuswap, Siksika (Siksikawa), Siletz, Similkameen, Sinkiuse (Sincayuse), Sinkyone, Sioux, Siuslaw, Skagit, Skicin, S'Klallam, Skokomish, Skraeling, Skwamish, Slavey (Slave, Slavi), Sliammon (Sliamon), Sm'algyax, Snichim, Snohomish, Songish, Sooke, Souriquois (Sourquois), Southeastern Pomo, Southern Paiute, Spokane (Spokan), Squamish, Sqwxwu7mesh, Stadaconan, St'at'imcets (St'at'imc), Stockbridge, Sto:lo, Stoney, Straits Salish, Sugpiaq, Suquamish, Susquehannock, Suwal, Swampy Cree, Swinomish

Hylian7

Dont attack them then? is not like you need to attack any camp to stack them
This is true, and for junglers I can't think of anyone that couldn't kill the priest first by 0:53 to stack the rest of them.

Come to think of it this update may actually make jungling easier for some heroes since the camp's damage output is slightly lower. The same goes for the Hellbears and Centaurs too, since that can't nuke while attacking anymore.

Yeah that SD set is so completely off base.

Far too much in the realm of Dazzle or Witch Doctor. I dunno what the creators they have working on these are thinking.

SamVimes

Dont attack them then? is not like you need to attack any camp to stack them

I actually didn't know anything about the changelog so i thought i couldn't stack that without killing the healer. Also walking into the camp can waste some precious time.

Hylian7

I actually didn't know anything about the changelog so i thought i couldn't stack that without killing the healer. Also walking into the camp can waste some precious time.
I'm curious if you could stack that camp by attacking it in Dota 1.

This brings me to another point though: will sleeping ever implemented? Could you stack that camp at night without killing the healer in Dota 1?

Ketch

I need to learn how to play shadow demon. He seems really good.

I should just drop out of school because I'd rather be playing video games. Unfortunate part is that I'm too old to be stupid now.

I should have went to college earlier so it would have been socially acceptable to blow it off.

I should be thinking about mathematical induction, but instead my brain just goes: dotadotadotadotadota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom