• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteo

I'm curious if you could stack that camp by attacking it in Dota 1.

This brings me to another point though: will sleeping ever implemented? Could you stack that camp at night without killing the healer in Dota 1?

Okay that one is something I dont remember, while is possible to stack without attacking when they are awake, I cant recall how the neutrals reacted when you got close to them while they were sleeping. I do remember mud golems never went to sleep. The camp now works the same as in ogdota so yeah I had problems stacking that one because of the healer, your best chance is to attack anyone but the healer a bit earlier, so the healer follows the hurt unit to heal it outside the camp

The other thing is that it seems neutrals in dota 2 have flying vision or something, sometimes they can attack to a cliff a long time after being agroed. Or perhaps they have vision of every non invis unit.

I need to learn how to play shadow demon. He seems really good.

I should just drop out of school because I'd rather be playing video games. Unfortunate part is that I'm too old to be stupid now.

I should have went to college earlier so it would have been socially acceptable to blow it off.

I should be thinking about mathematical induction, but instead my brain just goes: dotadotadotadotadota

You could always study the math of dota.

picture.php

Duesy

Okay that one is something I dont remember, while is possible to stack without attacking when they are awake, I cant recall how the neutrals reacted when you got close to them while they were sleeping. I do remember mud golems never went to sleep.
The other thing is that it seems neutrals in dota 2 have flying vision or something, sometimes they can attack to a cliff a long time after being agroed. Or perhaps they have vision of every non invis unit.

Here's a video you might enjoy showing sleeping neutrals.

http://youtu.be/mT-sSDOMmvM

Hylian7

Okay that one is something I dont remember, while is possible to stack without attacking when they are awake, I cant recall how the neutrals reacted when you got close to them while they were sleeping. I do remember mud golems never went to sleep. The camp now works the same as in ogdota so yeah I had problems stacking that one because of the healer, your best chance is to attack anyone but the healer a bit earlier, so the healer follows the hurt unit to heal it outside the camp

The neutrals don't react if you go in their camp while they are sleeping, unless you attack them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP6IAy8fo2k&feature=youtube_gdata_player#t=30s

I need to learn how to play shadow demon. He seems really good.

I should just drop out of school because I'd rather be playing video games. Unfortunate part is that I'm too old to be stupid now.

I should have went to college earlier so it would have been socially acceptable to blow it off.

I should be thinking about mathematical induction, but instead my brain just goes: dotadotadotadotadota

you study that discrete mathematics and you like it.

Hylian7

I think you could do an item trick and turn items on/off as well as switch treads within a certain radius to wake them. Don't think that works in D2, either (might be mentioned in the vid as I can't watch it at work).
It's not, but they don't sleep in D2 so all you have to do is walk near them anyway.

Anteo

I wonder if it is even possible to take the mechanic out of Dota 1. Icefrog clearly does not like it, but its still there in WC3 Dota.

It is:

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/uniteditor.php

Stats - Sleeps (Boolean)
Defines whether the unit/hero sleeps at night-time. Only affects units or heroes owned by the Neutral Hostile player.

That's why mud golems and the rock ancients do not sleep at night, every other creep does.

Sleeping neutral creeps is probably mostly just legacy, with it being the default way it was handled on WC3 multiplayer maps.

It's not like it significantly affects gameplay in Dota, so if the framework hasn't already been built to implement it into Dota 2, it's probably not worth the effort when you could spend the same time making hats (or whatever.)

Anyone's else skill drops severely in those 60+ mins matches? Maybe because I just want it to end, but I drop my mind sharpness quite a bit. Slow blinks, etc.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Fun fact: "Targeting" Razor with a Teleport Scroll will proc his Unstable current, no matter where he is on the map. You can use this in combination with Nyx's Spike Carapace to globally stun him.

iloled

Banned
guys, how do you play dota with this ?

http://cdn3.store.steampowered.com/public/images/promo/livingroom/rljKewyz3M/controller.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
There is absolutely no way. You think any professional player will ever change to use a controller?

Hylian7

guys, how do you play dota with this ?

controller.jpg
I'm willing to give it a try, if I don't like it, KB+M will always be there.

I would imagine something like one pad moves the camera and another moves the mouse cursor. Shop could be navigated via touchscreen, as well as control groups. Abilities and items would be on buttons obviously, and button combinations if you run out of buttons. Hell, I could see quick cast being popular on this thing.

Again, it's something I would have to try.

I don't know who's standing in for Akke in this Alliance vs SSD match, but this Enigma is not very good.

EDIT: I've seen the worst Wall/Vacuum combo of all time and the worst blackholes of all time in this match.

EDIT2: An Alliance wins even with their 5th member clearly not knowing how to play.

shira

Eternal Envy-sama who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy mouse,
thy mercy come,
thy draft be done,
in matchmaking, as it is in captains.
Give us this day our daily DotA,
and forgive us our inferior tactics,
as we have also forgiven those less skilled.
And lead us not into fanboyism,
but deliver us #TI4.
Amen

Rares brungd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom