• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinypogs

Randomed gyro in my current quest to learn all the heroes. Thank god it was just a co-op bot match because even with a guide I was pretty much flailing about trying to be productive and dying at inopportune times. It was kinda fun though whenever a combo of call down and kunkka's boat wiped the AI. Still something felt off , idk maybe I just don't like the feel of him compared to everyone else I've tried.

BigAT

Talk about Game of Throws. We started out the game down 0-10 in deaths (none of them mine!) and we were eventually down 18k gold and 12k XP at one point, then the other team starting talking shit, buying troll items and diving past our T3s. Needless to say, they were not too pleased with the end result.

cGw2fLA.jpg

We were never ahead in gold until the moment throne fell. Even then we were still down in kill score when we won.

Randomed gyro in my current quest to learn all the heroes. Thank god it was just a co-op bot match because even with a guide I was pretty much flailing about trying to be productive and dying at inopportune times. It was kinda fun though whenever a combo of call down and kunkka's boat wiped the AI. Still something felt off , idk maybe I just don't like the feel of him compared to everyone else I've tried.

You score early kills in lane by isolating an opponent up close and hitting them with rocket barrage (first skill you should max)

Sibylus

Banned

elyetis

I'm willing to give it a try, if I don't like it, KB+M will always be there.

I would imagine something like one pad moves the camera and another moves the mouse cursor. Shop could be navigated via touchscreen, as well as control groups. Abilities and items would be on buttons obviously, and button combinations if you run out of buttons. Hell, I could see quick cast being popular on this thing.

Again, it's something I would have to try.
I did play a dota 2 game on my wacom cintiq 13hd ( which given my drawing skill was a crazy choice but that's another topic :p ) I brought 3 week ago. It wasn't effective but it did work... everythings is possible.

bounchfx

controller_schematic.png

Left trackpad = Move camera (center click: center on selected unit/hero?)
Right trackpad = Move cursor (center click: left click, middle click: right click?)

Triggers, bumpers, and "flaps" = Use skill/use item (then use one button of your choosing as Ctrl to switch between skills and items)

Sorting the rest should be easy.

actually yeah.. not sure how good it would feel, but you got most of it Bo, and I picture the touch screen could be for items. just divide it into 6 squares and you just click the item you want to use. Maybe you could bind some to triggers or a bumper. I'm sure they'll come up with something... but it's not like we have to use it if we don't want to. Should be interesting..

Shinypogs

You score early kills in lane by isolating an opponent up close and hitting them with rocket barrage (first skill you should max)

Ahh, I kept trying to use the homing missile thing to start fights off and then follow the lead of kunkka but it often didn't go that well. It didn't help that I was playing on US west instead of east so sometimes I'd get weird lag. It just felt like I was constantly in the wrong place at the wrong time with him. That and he felt kinda clunky but that may have been the server thing.

This is why I'm only trying new people out in co-op vs AI though since I don't wanna ruin people's real games because I suck. I'm never terrible enough with new heroes to cost us a game vs the ai. Not that I'm normally playing at a level where it really matters/would show but I'd feel bad knowing I could have done better if I was playing seer or clock.

It gets kinda boring though :(

edit: I did max the rocket barrage skill first following the guide but I didn't really have time to read on how I should be engaging so I didn't end up using it as much until later in the game.

Wok

I have just lost my first match with NP. I still like this hero though. Had I played better against the hero (Outworld Devourer) who stayed to defend their base, the trees would have destroyed the remaining three barracks.

Talk about Game of Throws. We started out the game down 0-10 in deaths (none of them mine!) and we were eventually down 18k gold and 12k XP at one point, then the other team starting talking shit, buying troll items and diving past our T3s. Needless to say, they were not too pleased with the end result.

cGw2fLA.jpg

We were never ahead in gold until the moment throne fell. Even then we were still down in kill score when we won.

ID? I always love watching trash talking teams getting their shit served.

KingKong

actually yeah.. not sure how good it would feel, but you got most of it Bo, and I picture the touch screen could be for items. just divide it into 6 squares and you just click the item you want to use. Maybe you could bind some to triggers or a bumper. I'm sure they'll come up with something... but it's not like we have to use it if we don't want to. Should be interesting..

but how will I type homophobic slurs to my team in chat??

Zeth

When might the Frostivus-type thing start? I wasn't here last year and I can't wait to feel all cozy playing another winter-themed Blizzard game.

BraXzy

controller_schematic.png

Left trackpad = Move camera (center click: center on selected unit/hero?)
Right trackpad = Move cursor (center click: left click, middle click: right click?)

Triggers, bumpers, and "flaps" = Use skill/use item (then use one button of your choosing as Ctrl to switch between skills and items)

Sorting the rest should be easy.

I was wondering about this and I came up with a possible solution, but it isn't perfect because it only takes into account four usable items and abilities but...

You could, if it were ported to consoles, have abilities mapped to Left Trigger + A/B/X/Y. And then have item activation's set to Right Trigger + A/B/X/Y. You could symbolize it with coloured borders on the icons on-screen. Choose a target with the bumpers. You could control character movement with the left analog stick, and camera movement with the right. Center camera by clicking down one or either of the analog sticks. It isn't perfect, since there are multiple heroes with more than four active abilities, and you might have more than four active items.

Just thinking more, you still don't have an input for denying creeps, it'd be tricky using multiple abilities and items on multiple targets.But it's something to work from :L

Aaron

I think I have a problem. I'm addicted to split pushing. I just tried to split push with tidehunter. We were winning anyway so it didn't matter much, but when I see creeps on our side of the river I just got to push them back.

Lotto

Everytime I play BH I'm amazed at how much gold track shits out.

BH has to be hands down, the easiest hero to comeback with.

Doom is pretty great at comebacks too. An everlasting silence is no joke during late game. It can really shutdown a lot of utility/support heroes, even carries since it robs them of escapes.

Radec

wow.. I also got the Flowering Treant.

Must be because I redeemed a CK Set on my account (which I already sold in ebay)

The Polycount chest is so dull, the Kunkka sword is likely going to be worth a decent amount just because I don't think its going to be opened as much.

I'm not sure about that either. TBH, Kunkka has *too many* fucking swords. He's gotten at least 5 in the last 3 months i think. Lemmie think....at least 4 in sets (3 before TI, and 1 that comes with a TI shirt), plus Whale Blade, Shadow Blade, and now this...so 7 swords.

How about some of this Kunkka love gets spread around to some other heroes? :-(

You expected something else? This Chest is stuffed full of items for Heroes that already have lots of competing items for the slot. A PL spear, a Pudge Hook, a Necrolyte Scythe, a Kunkka sword, etc.

Now Valve can't even do hats right. How hard is it to pick an item whose textures aren't complete ass (Kunkka sword)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Rubick stole Familiars, immediately feeds familiars.

I'm not sure about that either. TBH, Kunkka has *too many* fucking swords. He's gotten at least 5 in the last 3 months i think. Lemmie think....at least 4 in sets (3 before TI, and 1 that comes with a TI shirt), plus Whale Blade, Shadow Blade, and now this...so 7 swords.

How about some of this Kunkka love gets spread around to some other heroes? :-(

Don't worry, soon Abaddon will get like 10 awesome weapons with particles in a 6 months span.

bounchfx

You expected something else? This Chest is stuffed full of items for Heroes that already have lots of competing items for the slot. A PL spear, a Pudge Hook, a Necrolyte Scythe, a Kunkka sword, etc.

:\, I tried to give some new choices by doing something for enchantress, and even my other ones were Dazzle and CK, neither of whom have a lot. only the enc spear got in. I feel bad people think a lot of these are dull, but I do agree they'd make good common/uncommon items. Just not rare.

It really is a fine line we have to tow sometime, with some people saying the items are too close to the original, and others freaking out as soon as you introduce a new color, hehe. We went pretty conservative on Enc because she didn't have much. the colors are within her normal range but the shape is wildly different, I think. Kinda sucks people are not digging the chest overall but I guess it could have used more variety with armor and mounts instead of just mainly weapons and a courier you can get outside of the chest.

Baha

:\, I tried to give some new choices by doing something for enchantress, and even my other ones were Dazzle and CK, neither of whom have a lot. only the enc spear got in. I feel bad people think a lot of these are dull, but I do agree they'd make good common/uncommon items. Just not rare.

It really is a fine line we have to tow sometime, with some people saying the items are too close to the original, and others freaking out as soon as you introduce a new color, hehe. We went pretty conservative on Enc because she didn't have much. the colors are within her normal range but the shape is wildly different, I think. Kinda sucks people are not digging the chest overall but I guess it could have used more variety with armor and mounts instead of just mainly weapons and a courier you can get outside of the chest.

I actually dig the pugna horns a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom