• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So I'm new to betting on Dota Lounge. I bet a single common item on Liquid vs. Alliance and Liquid won but I just got my item back? Shouldn't I have won some actual items? This is the second time I've bet on the winner and gotten nothing in return. The first time I just figured because I bet on the favorite and the odds were stacked. This time Liquid was a massive underdog.

Ed: I see Alliance won game 2. Was there no game 3? What happened here? Sorry I'm very confused.

02static

Neo Member
Yeah it was a Best of 2, meaning it only counts as a win if one team takes both rounds. If it's a draw you get your items back.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Yeah it was a Best of 2, meaning it only counts as a win if one team takes both rounds. If it's a draw you get your items back.

Ok thanks! Seems like an incredible waste of time placing and returning all those bets.

LiQuid!

Thank you, very cool.

Maybe if a person was doing it. It's automated.

I realize it's bots on Steam, but I mean just dozens of thousands of people queuing up to do it, twice, when at the end of the day there was no net exchange.

Hylian7

This Envy.

Solo safe lane farmer storm spirit with tranq boots, soul ring. And he's bottle crowing and only takes 1 sip and sends courier back..

1380488264703.jpg

What the fuck...

I can't even fathom how you would play Storm that way.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Does he have an Ellen Page fetish?

Milk = Ellen Page
Anbokr = Miley Cyrus
tSwiftx = Taylor Swift
Diamond Tier DOTA2GAF = Ke$ha
1.09 = He's kind of a slut so he changes it up regularly

Haly

Kanye isn't a pasty white girl so he's disqualified.

I am not so sure how to deal with trades for items I cannot sell. Case in point I have the Alphid of Lecaciida mythical courier I would like to trade but have no idea how to extract key value for the item. I looked on one site that said it is worth 13-14 keys. Does that make sense?

Haly

The people who write the recommended items are Silver tier at best and that's being generous.

Haly

Another thing is, as the meta changes, item builds change. Naga's recommended items is for carry Naga which is kind of a secondary/tertiary role now as opposed to the infinitely more prominent Support Naga. But these item lists don't get updated to match. And then you have heros like Slark, BH, Mirana, WR, whose toolkits are basically "build whatever the fuck you want there's a way to make it work", and a real recommended items list would be everything under the sun. Or builds like Charles Barkley Huskar or Shotgun Morph which are specific strategies that melds the hero's skills with their items, and if you deviate from this strategy then the items change as well.

Boken

Banned
I wish LoL had orb of venom

and that you could get it for free by killing a random neutral

best item in dota needs to be in every moba

Haly

Nothing Doom can build will ever make him viable.

Nothing.

You could have 7 Divine Rapiers by 20 minutes and I'd still be leery of your ability to affect the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom