• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wish LoL had orb of venom

and that you could get it for free by killing a random neutral

best item in dota needs to be in every moba

But Red Buff

Nothing Doom can build will ever make him viable.

Nothing.

You could have 7 Divine Rapiers by 20 minutes and I'd still be leery of your ability to affect the game.

Look, Doom is still a really good spell, and the ability to snatch up the Neutrals Abilities is cool (Though most people just grab the Alpha Wolf), and he gets a free 100 GPM bonus for not being dead. His kit is about becoming super utility man for the role the team needs. Most people just get Shadow Blade/Radiance/Alpha Wolf and wonder why they can't right click people to death before they get gibbed. You just need to actually buy some damn armor quickly, which I see so many people forget to do.

Level death is really not reliable, and Scorched Earth is sort of meh.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Look, Doom is still a really good spell, and the ability to snatch up the Neutrals Abilities is cool (Though most people just grab the Alpha Wolf), and he gets a free 100 GPM bonus for not being dead. His kit is about becoming super utility man for the role the team needs. Most people just get Shadow Blade/Radiance/Alpha Wolf and wonder why they can't right click people to death before they get gibbed. You just need to actually buy some damn armor quickly, which I see so many people forget to do.

Level death is really not reliable, and Scorched Earth is sort of meh.
Rather than pick someone who needs to farm for his utility I'd rather just pick someone who has natural utility. If you're buggering off in the jungle for 10 minutes I expect you to have something to show for it once you get out, not merely reach the usefulness of other heroes.

Kreunt

Banned
so what needs to be done to fix Doom?
add a slow or stun to LVL? Death maybe?
maybe add some kind of aura to Scorched Earth.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
so what needs to be done to fix Doom?
add a slow or stun to LVL? Death maybe?
maybe add some kind of aura to Scorched Earth.

You could make Level Death do more damage the higher level the enemy is. Their level 2? Do 2% of their life in bonus damage! Level 25? 25% Bonus Damage!

Or just scrap entirely.

Best build for ET?

Max spirit and passive first.

Preferably go mid.

Harass/Last Hit with spirits while bottle crowing.

With your passive and bonus damage from spirit, you can run up and hit people for ~200 damage.

Dominate game.

Items: Bottle. Phase. Drums. Then probably head into AC.

This is how Bulba plays ET on NEL.

Haly

Make LVL? Death a passive attack speed/armor with an active component where you stun your opponent depending on the difference between your and his level with a minimum of 1 second but only if they stay within tether range for 2 seconds.

You lose the passive component when it's on CD.

I would really like for Doom to get something that doesn't make me feel like Radiance is a terrible idea.

I get that Scorched Earth synergises with it very well but 5150 is still a massive expense, even with Devour/Hand of Midas.

Boken

Banned
Make LVL? Death a passive attack speed/armor with an active component where you stun your opponent depending on the difference between your and his level with a minimum of 1 second but only if they stay within tether range for 2 seconds.

You lose the passive component when it's on CD.

thats so league of legends

I would really like for Doom to get something that doesn't make me feel like Radiance is a terrible idea.

I get that Scorched Earth synergises with it very well but 5150 is still a massive expense, even with Devour/Hand of Midas.

why do you have to build radiance anyway

Haly

Scorched Earth doesn't synergize with Radiance particularly well, I mean. Okay, you have AoE damage, and now you have slightly more AoE damage. Whoop-dee-doo. It's not like Radiance on Naga or PL where you start farming multiple lanes at the same time while being nearly ungankable thanks to all that vision, Meepo-style. Sending your illusions to soften the other side up while staying safe behind your creep line.

It's more "cute" than anything, like something EE-sama would do.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I think the issue with Radiance is it almost always feels like a terrible idea unless you are a hero who can split push with illusions/a bear,

Radiance/Necro/Refresher Zet is going to be so Legit.

Boken

Banned
Because he's my favourite hero and part of that involves sitting around burning people to death very quickly.

I mean I have no problem with Shadow Blade and stuff, I just like Radiance Doom.

so how about making lvl? death debuff the target for a few seconds if they are of a level multiple which causes the target to burn the area around them whenever they take damage (or maybe attacked cos that sounds OP)

i like this idea. its very dota-esque and nothing like league of legends.

Haly

Not DOTA enough, let's get DOTA-er.

Main Ability: Impending Death
Mana Cost: 40/30/20/10
Target: Enemy heroes
Range: Global
Cooldown: 4/3/2/1
Duration: 30 seconds (reapplying it refreshes the stack)
Debuffs the target with 1/2/3/4 Death counters. Only one enemy hero can be debuffed with Death counters at a time.

Sub Ability: Sudden Death
Mana Cost: 0
Target: None
Range: Self
Cooldown: 0
The next time an allied hero successfully damages the target, the Death counters ignite and deal damage 1% of their max HP for every Death counter.

EDIT: And for the coup-de-grace, Doom gives vision of the target.

Sibylus

Banned
Radiance Doom hasn't gone very well for me much of the time. Platemail or Mekansm Doom on the other hand has done me a lot better, plugs the armor gap early and you can start showing up on the map far sooner than you would have otherwise.

Boken

Banned
Radiance Doom hasn't gone very well for me much of the time. Platemail or Mekansm Doom on the other hand has done me a lot better, plugs the armor gap early and you can start showing up on the map far sooner than you would have otherwise.

show up on the map to do what, heal the enemy to death?

Not DOTA enough, let's get DOTA-er.

Main Ability: Impending Death
Mana Cost: 40/30/20/10
Target: Enemy heroes
Range: Global
Cooldown: 4/3/2/1
Duration: 30 seconds (reapplying it refreshes the stack)
Debuffs the target with 1/2/3/4 Death counters. Only one enemy hero can be debuffed with Death counters at a time.

Sub Ability: Sudden Death
Mana Cost: 0
Target: None
Range: Self
Cooldown: 0
The next time an allied hero successfully damages the target, the Death counters ignite and deal damage 1% of their max HP for every Death counter.

EDIT: And for the coup-de-grace, Doom gives vision of the target.

sounds too much like the saboteur from rift.

Sibylus

Banned
Gank people and fight, push if one went Mek. The hero is useless rushing a Radiance because he can't even use it effectively without a major armor item to follow it up... it's a hell of a long time to wait for one of the most limited Radiance presences in the game.

Haly

sounds too much like the saboteur from rift.

I don't play shitty western mmo. I only play glorious korean grindfests like Dragon's Nest.

Wok

I have just won a match with NP, and something really strange happened: the Spirit Breaker killed Roshan, took the aegis and rushed on me while I was teleporting back to the base, and then... the Spirit Breaker was killed twice by the fountain.

It happened when the timer at the top of the screen indicated 36min50s.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/327886308

I have just won a match with NP, and something really strange happened: the Spirit Breaker killed Roshan, took the aegis and rushed on me while I was teleporting back to the base, and then... the Spirit Breaker was killed twice by the fountain.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/327886308
Did he use his ult as you were teleporting? That will pull him into the fountain, depending on the timing. If he just charged you in the fountain, then that's kind of dumb.

Wok

Did he use his ult as you were teleporting? That will pull him into the fountain, depending on the timing. If he just charged you in the fountain, then that's kind of dumb.

I have pinned the time in the replay, it is at 36:50. I was at the shop on the far East of the map. I think he was stuck in the trees after charging me, and then was teleported with me to the fountain. It could be his ultimate spell.

I have pinned the time in the replay, it is at 36:50. I was at the shop on the far East of the map. I think he was stuck in the trees after charging me, and then was teleported with me to the fountain. It could be his ultimate spell.
I had a look. He charged you, you went invis and after he hit you he was stuck in the trees. When you reappeared, you started your teleport and SB used his ultimate on you. It took him to your fountain, where he promptly died.

Windrunner used her powershot to destroy the trees, so he could have just got out that way. It was unlucky timing for him though, as the window between using the ult and reappearing is quite small.

Wok

I had a look. He charged you, you went invis and after he hit you he was stuck in the trees. When you reappeared, you started your teleport and SB used his ultimate on you. It took him to your fountain, where he promptly died.

Windrunner used her powershot to destroy the trees, so he could have just got out that way. It was unlucky timing for him though, as the window between using the ult and reappearing is quite small.

Thanks for the explanation, I was clueless about what happened.

This is it. In my case, SB has the aegis though. :)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
But Red Buff

vmTgdPZ.jpg

Low Tier
but he acts like a big girl.

?

legit tho doom isñ't as bad as you guys are makiñg him out to be. Sure his stats are ass, his spells doñ't syñergize at all, añd he's ugly, but he's ñot bad at all if the oppoñeñt is ruññing a solo core strat, especially if its oñe that relies oñ its spells, like ñaix, am, or somethiñg of the sort. Doom's role is to just take oñe hero out of a teamfight, añd if you cañ get your doom off oñ their core hero, like their mid or carry, you're most likely goiñg to wiñ that teamfight.

EG's beeñ ruññiñg Doom somewhat ofteñ, añd despite the results, I still thiñk Fear's beeñ playiñg it well añd doiñg that hero some justice.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I dunno, I'm certainly not as good or experienced as some of you guys but I like Doom a lot and have a lot of success with him. I seem to farm with him really well (don't usually jungle) and almost always have a huge game impact. These being in both captain's style modes and single/random draft. I do buy armor pretty quickly and see people who don't do that dying a lot.

I could certainly see how he wouldn't be a fantastic pick at the pro level, but I have had mostly excellent games with him.

G.ZZZ

Guys don't hate, Arcane Meka Shiva doom is legit. He's like an alternative Enchantress, especially if you eat Troll, net->kill into skele for pushes. Farming Doom is just an afk machine that don't offer a lot after going out the jungle. I suppose you could try playing him sort like a Bat, get an early blink and then gank ppl and kill them with blink doom. I don't think that would be good because you can't actually stop ppl from escaping.
The real problem of the hero imho is that his solo laning sucks ass and he do nothing in trilanes. He'd need a decent starting int buff so he can gank a little more effectively from the jungle instead of being constantly at 0 mana from devour spam.

If you want to go for a str carry and get to play him alternatively, get Skeleton King.
He is amazing as a support in trilanes early on as nothing can survives 2 secs stun + 2 sec slow + 20% pure hp drain (this is especially good against Cow or Naga with very high hp early on), and then he can easily transition farming the jungle with the aura. He can't, however, stun twice at level2, not even if you get 4 branches, and that is a problem.
I like stun-mortal-stun-stats-stun-ult-stun-aura-max crit-max aura. Stats at 4, and wand early on usually let you stun twice, use mortal once, and then resurrect if you got at least 7 charges on it (not hard) at level 6-7.
I think Fear will pick him soon for EG.

I get aghs refresher on Doom, don't know if it's the best, but at least he is useful on teamfights. And yeah, it's expensive but he can easily get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom