• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Reposting as the first question at least would be really helpful. Sorry if this seems bothersome.

I know people say don't get bloodstone... but honestly I found bloodstone to be really good on him the match I bought it. I think Atos would also be good, especially when tied with your ult.

Razzer

I really like going shiva's after bloodstone. They extra int works well with % mana regen from the bloodstone. And timber has very low armour before reactive armour kicks in. The attack speed decrease and the slow from the active are really great for your team too. I think a hood by itself would have been ok, a lot of the time it isn't worth the extra 1500 to turn it into a pipe. And I would have gone for a scythe of vyse too as your team was lacking in hard disables.

Thanks! Will definitely try that if I find myself going late again. After the match I did think about the scythe actually, it seems to be a good late game utility item in general from what I've seen. Shiva's makes sense as well, will do that. Although I doubt I would ever have that much gold again. I actually offered to buy viper or OD a rapier then suicide with bloodstone because I would still have enough for buyback lol.

I know people say don't get bloodstone... but honestly I found bloodstone to be really good on him the match I bought it. I think Atos would also be good, especially when tied with your ult.

Who said that? Everyone I've ever heard considers it absolutely core.

Bloodstone used to be core pre6.78 becuse his base Intelligence was shit and you absolutely needed the huge flat mana regen that Bloodstone provided. Now with his higher base Int %-based mana regen is more effective and they give you useful CC active skills as well.

Bloodstone used to be core pre6.78 becuse his base Intelligence was shit and you absolutely needed the huge flat mana regen that Bloodstone provided. Now with his higher base Int %-based mana regen is more effective and they give you useful CC active skills as well.

So a 200% mana regen item like a bloodstone you mean? (And correct me if I'm wrong but the 1MP per second that each charge gives you is also multiplied by % regen) What other % regen items with active disables do you get on timber? Scythe seems like the best choice but it's more expensive and harder to build into with two components costing more than 2k. Linken's is very situational and Eul's or Orchid don't seem as viable to me.

The only reason not to get bloodstone on timber is when you are well behind and those charges are just going to be lost. Bloodstone is a snowball item but timber is a snowball hero. Nothing else will let you spam your abilities as much while also being relatively easy to make, with the most expensive part costing 1200.

I've only played timber a handful of times but I'm sure orchid could be halfway decent on him. Silence + high burst = easy kills for timber, especially against someone like qop.

It's probably better to beef him up first though, pick up Atos and arcane boots and you'll probably be fine. Just drop your atos before you use arcane boots for extra mana.

Ketch

Techno, I think we need to group up more often. That way you can be pissed at me for fuckin up instead of being pissed at the enemy team for kicking our ass.

M.D

Any European players about here that are up for playing?. Don't think I can handle solo queuing any more after the last game I had.

Jug dives two people on full HP under a tower at lvl 2, dies, proceeds to blame lane partner and then literally says "Here comes the feed train". Spends the rest of the game hiding peoples items, getting the courier killed and feeding. I don't understand what the fuck people get out of doing that.

Steam profile/name?

Tagyhag

I feel like Invoker is the only hero who I can have fun with even if the game was a total stomp against us.

Wished other heroes gave me the same feeling.

shira

A ticket to Kiev on the line for the LAN finals

http://www.twitch.tv/joindotared

5815-1379635157.jpeg

#10 Rattlesnake.int/Kaipi
vs
#15 Quantic/FlipQ/whatever
2201-1370381467.jpeg

http://dota2lounge.com/match?m=1070

Eternal Envy-sama who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy mouse,
thy mercy come,
thy draft be done,
in matchmaking, as it is in captains.
Give us this day our daily DotA,
and forgive us our inferior tactics,
as we have also forgiven those less skilled.
And lead us not into fanboyism,
but deliver us #TI4.
Amen

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
FUCK YEAH QUANTIC!

Kaipi has to win the next game or they don't make it to the final 4, though I don't think it will be a huge problem since the final match is with 4FC. Though after that, they have a 4 way tie for second.

I'm starting to really gain an appreciation of doom bringer. I really like how he can fit into so many different roles. I still don't like Jungle doom, but the fact that you can go midas and hard farm, or be a mid ganker, or a carry, or tank, or utility depending on what the team needs is really fun

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm starting to really gain an appreciation of doom bringer. I really like how he can fit into so many different roles. I still don't like Jungle doom, but the fact that you can go midas and hard farm, or be a mid ganker, or a carry, or tank, or utility depending on what the team needs is really fun

My issue with doom is he still make a rather poor hard carry, he can farm stupidly well but can't dish out much damage. His best roll is with utility, you need to grab as many high impact active items you can stuff on him in the mid game, and maybe switch to being super tanky and having a good right click late.

G.ZZZ

I wasn't saying milk invented it, just that he uses it and it clearly works in big games.

Y just saying. It's a build that you see often in NEL, i think Bulba started it, then Kzz, and then it catched on.

EDIT: also 6 rares coming gogo Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom