• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

Dendi Pudge :>

and Poseidon Drow, is Drow going to be part of the meta all of a sudden because a random team played her 2 weeks ago?

and Riki, cool

http://dotabuff.com/matches/332096236

Thanks n0b, Twig, Wayside, and that other dude for the match yesterday. I know I am a terrible Sniper and was probably the main reason we lost, but I still had a lot of fun. I've found that the less often I play Dota, the more fun I have with it.

Also, laning against a Clockwerk and Spirit Breaker as Sniper is terrifying.

Yay! There's a Furion waiting at my doorstep when I get home

...that only took forever. I guess he was farming in Oregon or something, since he stayed there for almost a week.

Just sold my Flowering Treant for $160 in ebay. That guy is also bought an $900 Ursa cowboy set.

Damn.

This is why I told people to wait. People were selling theirs for < $100. smh.

This Medusa is boring bandwagon? I am totally on it.
Sorry but afklolfarming for 45 mins while the rest of your team dies in teamfights just does not fly. At least AM can use his superior mobility to get out of the jungle and mana void once in a while. Medusa just pops out with a Linkens and pretends she's doing shit but really isn't at all.
Yea, that's not how you play Medusa. If that's how you're playing her, you're doing it wrong.

The fact that you list Linken's means you or someone you've been playing with is doing it wrong.

http://dotabuff.com/players/84310564/matches?hero=medusa&game_mode=&match_type=real

That's how you build Medusa. By 25 minutes, you should have Phasers/Treads + Dom Helm + Yasha + Butterfly.

And her attack speed
Me throwing stones at a lake is faster than her attack speed after 30 minutes

If that's not enough speed and attack speed, I don't know what to say. 31-minutes the Manta should be done and you're building crit/damage/skadi. That's Phase + Manta + Bfly + Dom Helm. You're damn near ready to win the game by yourself while having been at at least 80% of the team fights between 10 and 30 minutes.

If your attack speed is slow and it's taking you 40 minutes to become relevant with any hero, Medusa or otherwise, I'd suggest practicing a lot more and rethinking item purchase decisions. In the case of Medusa, bad builds (Linken's first, maxing snakes) means you're going to do little damage for a long, long time. With a better build, Medusa is ready to defend at 15 minutes, speed run through jungles, solo farm 4x ancient stacks, and is ready to win all team fights at 25 minutes unless your team has lost every lane.

ElyrionX

Yea, that's not how you play Medusa. If that's how you're playing her, you're doing it wrong.

The fact that you list Linken's means you or someone you've been playing with is doing it wrong.

http://dotabuff.com/players/84310564/matches?hero=medusa&game_mode=&match_type=real

That's how you build Medusa. By 25 minutes, you should have Phasers/Treads + Dom Helm + Yasha + Butterfly.

If that's not enough speed and attack speed, I don't know what to say. 31-minutes the Manta should be done and you're building crit/damage/skadi. That's Phase + Manta + Bfly + Dom Helm. You're damn near ready to win the game by yourself while having been at at least 80% of the team fights between 10 and 30 minutes.

If your attack speed is slow and it's taking you 40 minutes to become relevant with any hero, Medusa or otherwise, I'd suggest practicing a lot more and rethinking item purchase decisions. In the case of Medusa, bad builds (Linken's first, maxing snakes) means you're going to do little damage for a long, long time. With a better build, Medusa is ready to defend at 15 minutes, speed run through jungles, solo farm 4x ancient stacks, and is ready to win all team fights at 25 minutes unless your team has lost every lane.

I don't play Medusa. Period.

That's how my friend plays her though and it's really annoying. He seems to have a high win loss ratio with her though.

Hylian7

My two cents on the Medusa debate: She is awesome. I have had best results doing Radiant ancients, but if you've got a team willing to protect you, you can lane.

Linkens is generally not necessarily unless they absolutely have something you should be scared of. Even if you DO have to buy Linkens, provided you go Yasha/Drums and stuff, you will still do something in teamfights.

Most importantly, just walk into the fight and ult. Guarantee it will cause mass panic.

Also I'm really a fan of Midas on Medusa. HotD is good, but I haven't had as much success with it as I have had with Midas. Midas does give you attack speed, which definitely helps.

Also, I'm streaming: http://www.twitch.tv/hylian7

sixtyfivedays

Neo Member
Listing Meepo as a hero for new players is just mean and I give it a thumbs up.

I was tricked into playing Invoker on my 2nd game of Dota 2 of all time about 1.832 years ago. I have not played him since.

Wok

This is an interesting build, but this is not among the most popular build available in-game and I usually choose the most popular one.

ksan

That's a pretty bad methodology.

Hmm, how do you judge that? In most cases that actually works out well, but I gotta agree, in this case it doesn't work out.
If a hero isn't played very much, the most popular build is probably a lot worse than the most popular build for more popular heroes.
I just gotta say slardar.

This is why I told people to wait. People were selling theirs for < $100. smh.

What's your build order with dusa? phase-> dom ->manta-> Bfly? I tried to catch one of your replays for dusa but they've all expired.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
For some reason I can't queue up abilities to cast immediately after a TP. Shift-Q or whatever and then clicking on the ground cancels my TP and then I start walking to the location I clicked. What did I screw up in the options and how can I fix this? Just shift + right click will however queue up a move order for after my TP finishes.

ksan

For some reason I can't queue up abilities to cast immediately after a TP. Shift-Q or whatever and then clicking on the ground cancels my TP and then I start walking to the location I clicked. What did I screw up in the options and how can I fix this? Just shift + right click will however queue up a move order for after my TP finishes.

your shift key is semi-broken?

Sarcasm

I can saw the very few games were people are helpful or just fun to be around is great. But majority of the time the community sucks and I can't tell what I need to do to improve.

So most matches I learn nothing. This is probably the main reason my playtime with it has gone down.

jiggles

Banned
What's up with Riki's invis? It doesn't seem to activate when I respawn until I hit something, but there's nothing in the ult description that says as such.

shira

Come watch the Leeg world finols

iKua7eooepSO0.gif

t1380942000z4.png

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1nrfjv/dota_2_just_popped_a_trojan_alert_any_heard_of/

Doto Trojan. . . . LOL is pulling out all the stops

Duesy

What's up with Riki's invis? It doesn't seem to activate when I respawn until I hit something, but there's nothing in the ult description that says as such.

It's a bug as far as I know. You are still invisible to your enemies but the buff doesn't show and you don't appear invisible.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can't believe I had to search for "leeg of legends", Boken.

Where is the link to the stream and the thread.

Ded gaem.

I'm probably biased now, but LoL is such an awful spectator game compared to Dota 2. Everything is much muddier and the abilities are so spammy and not nearly distinctive enough to tell what's going on most of the time. I turn on a stream every now and then, but can't stand it for too long. Pretty sure the scale of the game is smaller too, so you're kind of squinting as well compared to the larger heroes in Dota.

In a way, it's reminiscent of WC3 Dota, but I wouldn't go back to that if you paid me (with hats ofc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom