• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Banned
Let the inevitable penis-waving commence:

Rod Breslau ‏@Slasher 2m
We were spoiled by such an amazing International final between Alliance and Na'Vi, but nothing was stopping the Korean hype train. #Worlds

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've had this happen when I play tinker, shift queuing blinks after TP, works sometimes then other times I mess it up so most of the time I don't use it. My guess is it just needs practice because it is possible.

I've spent a lot of times in bot matches playing will all kinds of abilities and item queuing and I can't shift-queue anything other than movement. It's not working for me at all, it's not an issue of practice.

Let the inevitable penis-waving commence:

Rod Breslau ‏@Slasher 2m

I'm confused. What does the TI3 finals being exciting have to do with a Korean team (presumably) winning Worlds?

What happened in Worlds anyway? I don't even pay attention to LoL comp scene and I can still pick up people QQing about it on the net.

I'm confused. What does the TI3 finals being exciting have to do with a Korean team (presumably) winning Worlds?

What happened in Worlds anyway? I don't even pay attention to LoL comp scene and I can still pick up people QQing about it on the net.

It was a super quick 3 - 0 stompfest. The most boring hour ever. The pre-show was literally longer.

He's talking about how awesome the finals were at TI3 and these ones sucked.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Played Meepo for the first time. Aaaaarguably did the best on my team but it was a terrible game. The actual micro itself doesn't seem so awful but it would take a lot of time to get proficient at it.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/333598151

Hey I got kills!

Hah, also just had a Meepo game, my second one, and the best I can say is both times I was not the reason we lost and I was solo offlane against two disables (didn't die in laning, woo!). I've got to play around with my hotkeys to find a more optimal setup. It would also be nice to be safelane and have the ability to jungle with the second Meepo rather than split exp in lane. Right now I've got all of my items as numbered keys and I control all other units with T (lazy PL setup) or ctrl clicking. It's so easy to farm with Meepo, I fucking love it, but when it comes to teamfights I start to get flustered and have trouble tabbing through my Meepo's to remove the one that's in danger.

I managed to farm tranquils, a mek and start working on treads before 5 man started with the collapse of top, but it kinda went to shit when our Russian Tiny gave up and started throwing teammates into the middle of the other team. Started working on a Vlad's but it was already over with the slow turtle in base and Tiny feeding the other team our teammates.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Has anyone ever got an item at the end of the match and then it not show up in your armory?

Last night I got Tusk's uncommon parka got excited to put it on him but then when I went into the armory it was not there!
LLShC.gif

Boken

Banned
LoL gets skins like what, once a month?

We get skins every week.
kISh87D.gif
Yeah but that's because league skins really change the look and the look of the abilities, sometimes adding voice lines too. A month is reasonable when you consider that

Dota skins are like reskins with minor cosmetic changes :)

I wish more guides had a random gold starting items section. On an int/agi hero mid do you go bottle, tango and branches or null talisman/wraith band with a tango? Do you use the extra gold to get s stout shield on Mag against a ranged hero or just regen and stats.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Yeah but that's because league skins really change the look and the look of the abilities, sometimes adding voice lines too. A month is reasonable when you consider that

Dota skins are like reskins with minor cosmetic changes :)

Why do you want to change the look of the abilities? One game some dude is shooting out green lasers then the next game it's blue lasers. That's just adding to the burden of knowledge.

shira

I wish more guides had a random gold starting items section. On an int/agi hero mid do you go bottle, tango and branches or null talisman/wraith band with a tango? Do you use the extra gold to get s stout shield on Mag against a ranged hero or just regen and stats.

soul ring

Boken

Banned
Why do you want to change the look of the abilities? One game some dude is shooting out green lasers then the next game it's blue lasers. That's just adding to the burden of knowledge.
Because blue lasers are fun!
Instead of summoning trees you could summon giant flowers!

Fun!

Einbroch

Banned
Always strange how some Dota players feel the need to shit on LOL whereas almost no LOL players shit on Dota.

It's the World of Warcraft syndrome.

Both games suck.

Boken

Banned
o god what have you done

commence somebody saying its JUSTIFIED
PENDRAGON STOLE OUR BABIES
RIOT TRIED TO HAVE TEAMS ONLY HAVE LOL TEAMS
RIOT STOLE OUR BOOTH AT DREAMHAK
RIOT PAID PAX TO HAVE BANDWITH PROBLEMS
RIOT PAID NO NAME GERMAN TOURNAMENT TO NOT HAVE DOTA

BURRRN THEM
PRAISE TEH LAWD
HALLELUJAH
i4802257666.gif
(can someone make this transparent for me)

and for others, they buy into the culture + massive tall poppy syndrome

ps. wtf is WoW syndrome

The reason why Dota players get to shit on LoL and not the other way around is because Dota is the better game.

A-duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh

ps. wtf is WoW syndrome

Players of [Insert not-WoW MMORPG here] yell about how WoW is casualized trash and players of WoW are like 'There are MMORPGs that are not WoW?'

Boken

Banned
The reason why Dota players get to shit on LoL and not the other way around is because Dota is the better game.

A-duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh

nah lol is more popular because its the better game

just like how WoW was better than every other MMO out there, and still is!

Zeth

What's the recommended response when someone in low level pubs says "this hero sucks" (the one they're playing)?

Razzer

Why can't we just accept that there are people who enjoy the changes LoL made more than the Dota format. I have never tried LoL but I won't shit on it just cus. Although in this thread at least some people are being tongue in cheek I think.

Also yeah, heroes please.

Low Tier
Dota's cool and so is LoL differeñt strokes for differeñt folks. Stop gettiñg mad at video games. Also bokeñ ditched me he's too good for me ñow :(

G.ZZZ

o god what have you done

commence somebody saying its JUSTIFIED
PENDRAGON STOLE OUR BABIES
RIOT TRIED TO HAVE TEAMS ONLY HAVE LOL TEAMS
RIOT STOLE OUR BOOTH AT DREAMHAK
RIOT PAID PAX TO HAVE BANDWITH PROBLEMS
RIOT PAID NO NAME GERMAN TOURNAMENT TO NOT HAVE DOTA

BURRRN THEM
PRAISE TEH LAWD
HALLELUJAH
i4802257666.gif
(can someone make this transparent for me)

and for others, they buy into the culture + massive tall poppy syndrome

ps. wtf is WoW syndrome

You really shouldn't talk about this if you weren't around during the D-A era.

Boken

Banned
Dota's cool and so is LoL differeñt strokes for differeñt folks. Stop gettiñg mad at video games. Also bokeñ ditched me he's too good for me ñow :(

hey no ill never forget the day 109 trained me
but the little bird has to fly off on his own and become greater than the master

srsly tho, so busy with tournament and gf. then next week, pokemon then hex some day. then if i ever get a hearthstone key

look at these first world problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom