• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

The reason why Dota players get to shit on LoL and not the other way around is because Dota is the better game.

A-duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh'
weDOn.gif

real talk tho: I have nothing against lol. I tried to watch a couple games from the world championships and it was just completely awful. I even had the lol installer on my desktop when I got into dota because I wanted to give similar games a chance but then it wanted to install the pando media booster or some shit so I said fuck that noise and I've been playing dota ever since.

#truestories

on-topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru7V7GETcwY

ellen pudge was right all along

Boken

Banned
You really shouldn't talk about this if you weren't around during the D-A era.
sorry, you mustve lost a lot of friends and family
why am i good with troll but shit with everyone else?
81% winrate over 33 games now.
troll must be broken.
its probably because youre a highly skilled player #road to ti4
Dota 2 |OT2| In Which We Discuss LoL
I think its time we just have one megathread OT for both games

Low Tier
hey no ill never forget the day 109 trained me
but the little bird has to fly off on his own and become greater than the master

srsly tho, so busy with tournament and gf. then next week, pokemon then hex some day. then if i ever get a hearthstone key

look at these first world problems.

they grow up so fast :')

Boken

Banned
I see you're not really interested and just want to keep trolling. Nevermind me then.

im serious in the sense that is how some of the old D-A'ers act, as if pendragon and riot had committed heinous war crimes on their families

even countries let the past go

G.ZZZ

im serious in the sense that is how some of the old D-A'ers act, as if pendragon and riot had committed heinous war crimes on their families

even countries let the past go

Letting go don't mean act as like it's never existed, it mean don't bring it up. Which you did. Then if people on a VIDEOGAME forum gives values to something related to a videogame is something that escape you i'm sorry.

domstah

Every once in a while it's good for the soul to have a game like this:
http://dotabuff.com/matches/334278044

We had Huskar, Troll Warlord and the Space Cow - and despite the fact my anti-virus kept deleting the game every 10 minutes - we easily won. As soon as Space Cow mooed, death was sure to follow. I know they are overpowered - but a space cow / huskar combo is a thing of almost perfect evil.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Every once in a while it's good for the soul to have a game like this:
http://dotabuff.com/matches/334278044

We had Huskar, Troll Warlord and the Space Cow - and despite the fact my anti-virus kept deleting the game every 10 minutes - we easily won. As soon as Space Cow mooed, death was sure to follow. I know they are overpowered - but a space cow / huskar combo is a thing of almost perfect evil.
Yeah a few days ago a team picked Troll first in Random Draft so I instagrabbed Spirit Breaker when it was our turn.

Half an hour later when we're beating their faces in they're like "yeah well you guys picked Spirit Breaker" and I was like "yeah because there was no goddamn way we wanted to fight Troll and Breaker together"

52club

Anyone ever had to deal with this error "#cef_error_header-138" ?

Basicaly I can't view the store or play games online.

If you have the norton security suite comcast provides, it likely has disallowed access to dota2 to the internet. Mine also deleted my executable, gotta love this secure world.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
What would you guys do with this Lockless Luckbox I have? Sell it for current price (~130) or open it, gamble on possibly doubling that money or possibly cutting it to a third.

Baha

What would you guys do with this Lockless Luckbox I have? Sell it for current price (~130) or open it, gamble on possibly doubling that money or possibly cutting it to a third.

Are you looking forward to the Halloween or Winter Steam sales? Then sell it. You can always buy another shirt or plushie balls when they come back in stock for a lot less.

Can't say that I have. Try verifying the files.

Google says that it may be a firewall issue, check window's firewall.

Tried verifying in steam as well as lowering and disabling firewalls and anti-virus software. Thanks for the reply though.

It's so weird, basically been playing for close to a year with zero issues and this just pops up all of a sudden. Been working crazy hours all week and was looking forward to getting my doto fix this weekend.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Tried verifying in steam as well as lowering and disabling firewalls and anti-virus software. Thanks for the reply though.

It's so weird, basically been playing for close to a year with zero issues and this just pops up all of a sudden. Been working crazy hours all week and was looking forward to getting my doto fix this weekend.

This happened to me a few months back.

I had to totally reinstall Steam and it worked again.

I wouldn't suggest that except as a last resort option though.

This happened to me a few months back.

I had to totally reinstall Steam and it worked again.

I wouldn't suggest that except as a last resort option though.

I actually just tried that there and did a fresh install of both steam and all of my games. Still have the exact same error.

Pretty stumped now. I dunno, I guess I'll just hope the next update somehow sorts it out.

I appreciate the response anway thanks.

Zeth

Some pubs just don't know how to win - or even the basic objective. Things like lane creeps, often confound my teammates. Had a decent match as SK support. Getting that blink is dreadful, felt like it took 20 minutes (it might have).

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Always strange how some Dota players feel the need to shit on LOL whereas almost no LOL players shit on Dota.

It's the World of Warcraft syndrome.

Both games suck.

Pretty sure even LoL players are shitting on that boring ass anti-climactic, more "active," more "aggressive," "faster" (at least they got this one right) finale.

Thought we had no chance in this game with the draft our Captain made, but we somehow stomped

Viper, Dark Seer, Lich, Tidehunter, Shadow Fiend
vs
Batrider, Bloodseeker, Ogre Magi, Veno, Chaos Knight

http://dotabuff.com/matches/334504014

Our aggressive trilane (Ogre, Veno, Chaos Knight) stomped their defensive one (Lich, Tide, Shadow Fiend) and everything just went from there

M.D

I got to play Lone Druid a lot the last couple of days and I really like him, but I had some horrible games except for one where I did really good. Even if I do get the items, it seems like its just not enough..

What items do you usually get? I always get a Stout Shield on the bear first, then Tranquil/Phase boots early as well as the Orb of Venom. For some reason, most of the games I had with him except one go terribly wrong for the entire team and I find that I need to get Maelstrom so I can farm up faster (this last game I got a Midas as well since I decided to jungle)

After that I usually get AC and a Basher, but during team fights me and the bear can still lose a lot of health. Is Vlads a good idea? should I put it on the bear or me? I've been thinking of also getting a separate Hyperstone on the bear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom