• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneils

After my last match I received a "quirt's summer stash." The description says I need a "quirt's summer key" to open it.

But, I don't see a "quirt's summer key" in the store anywhere. How do I obtain this? Through the store only? If so, where is it?

Uh, thanks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
After my last match I received a "quirt's summer stash." The description says I need a "quirt's summer key" to open it.

But, I don't see a "quirt's summer key" in the store anywhere. How do I obtain this? Through the store only? If so, where is it?

Uh, thanks.
Likely will go on sale next week, Valve normally drops the chests a week before the keys come out for some reason.

Sliver

Why is that hilarious?

Because sc2 dead game. But really I find it funny because apologists always said the crowd was shit for GOM because their old studio was above a high school and was a pain to go to. Now their new studio is located in Gangnam, a central area in the heart of Seoul, and the crowds are still shit.

Because sc2 dead game. But really I find it funny because apologists always said the crowd was shit for GOM because their old studio was above a high school and was a pain to go to. Now their new studio is located in Gangnam, a central area in the heart of Seoul, and the crowds are still shit.

I pretty much stopped watching competitive SC2 once I got into Dota. A lot more dynamic (individual match and metagame-wise) which makes for a much more enjoyable game to watch. The spectator features (in-client tickets, tournament drops, etc.) are far superior as well.

Sliver

I pretty much stopped watching competitive SC2 once I got into Dota. A lot more dynamic (individual match and metagame-wise) which makes for a much more enjoyable game to watch. The spectator features (in-client tickets, tournament drops, etc.) are far superior as well.

Yeah, me too for the same reasons as you. Plus I find Dota actually enjoyable to play. I'd be watching Brood War if it still existed, though. That game is timeless.

edit: I also feel much better supporting and relying on Valve compared to Blizzard-Activision.

I can't figure out how people play Abaddon as a carry. Every game I get in they say I'm a carry. I tell them I'm a support. I heal people when they're low, I put shields on them when they enter a fight, I hit people in fights just to keep my effect on, I buy support items.

I don't see how you'd even build him as a carry, his entire pool is all support skills. His recommended items are all support items.

Why do people not immediately think he's a support and expect him to carry?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Supports are girls. Knights with swords and horses are carries.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I can't figure out how people play Abaddon as a carry. Every game I get in they say I'm a carry. I tell them I'm a support. I heal people when they're low, I put shields on them when they enter a fight, I hit people in fights just to keep my effect on, I buy support items.

I don't see how you'd even build him as a carry, his entire pool is all support skills. His recommended items are all support items.

"Well, everyone says that Green Dude who heals is a carry, so this bad ass knight dude who heals and is unkillable must be a carry!"

I don't even know how to build the guy.

Wunder

Yeah, me too for the same reasons as you. Plus I find Dota actually enjoyable to play. I'd be watching Brood War if it still existed, though. That game is timeless.

edit: I also feel much better supporting and relying on Valve compared to Blizzard-Activision.

Maybe because GOM had Starcraft broadcasts 3-4 times a week compared to one DOTA2 broadcast a week? World of Tanks has a similar crowd to NSL and their in a similar broadcast situation. OGN doesn't really have that problem broadcasting WCS Korea S2.

Agreed.

I can't keep up with these 3x tournament drops per event anymore Valve!

The extra drops is actually quite genius on their part. For one, it makes people happy since more stuff is getting out there, but it also has huge economy implications. Not only is there a greater inventory to go around (meaning more sold on the market -> more money back in Valve's pocket), but with multiple items being given out for the same event, you create an extra layer of rarity/value.

Let's say Dendi got a rampage against Alliance. Old system with only one item for the rampage (others for the other steps, but still), yeah that item is worth a lot. But now imagine 3 rampage items dropping, except one is mythical and/or just generally more desirable. All the items are valuable, but something really awesome is going to be worth a lot more than some piddly common.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Is there some incentive/prize for fans? The other matches crowd got thinned out as the night went on.

Yeah you'll get a DOTA 2 beta key(the korean servers just launched 2 days ago)
KHEqOdG.jpg

Nokterian

Same for me though,i find Dota 2 matches way more fun to watch because you don't what is going to happen and what hero's they choose etc.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Had the worst night of MM queuing as a single. % losses straight. Matchmaking was just plain weird, First timers on my team, smurfs on the other :p

Finally the DiH guild was fed up and we stacked and won, so 6th times a charm it seems! Australian servers pool is a strange place to swim.

BoomBap

Neo Member
I have been playing bot matches more than usual due to shitty internet. I don't mind as I am trying all the characters I have missed so far.

I have noticed medium difficultly is too easy. Hard feels appropriately hard but medium feels more like easy plus. Am I alone?

Boken

Banned
Had the worst night of MM queuing as a single. % losses straight. Matchmaking was just plain weird, First timers on my team, smurfs on the other :p

Finally the DiH guild was fed up and we stacked and won, so 6th times a charm it seems! Australian servers pool is a strange place to swim.

do you queue AU server exclusively?

BraXzy

Could someone explain how tourny drops work? Do you have to be looking at the thing that happens personally, or can you leave it down to the casters controlling the camera, because it is a random drop right?

Kreunt

Banned

shoot me a message on steam if you need someone to queue with on aus servers, im playing most evenings.

Could someone explain how tourny drops work? Do you have to be looking at the thing that happens personally, or can you leave it down to the casters controlling the camera, because it is a random drop right?

Random drop.

Happens during poignant moments of a match eg first blood, multi kills, match ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom