• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Is SC2 actually a ded gaem?

5v5 Starcraft or Dota 2?

I think there are like 5 spectators attending ESL. So fucking sad. They are intentionally not shooting the crowd, but it looks like just the teams. . .
edit: 3 spectators. Meruna and that couple in front. . . .

i4GvRV5LakRxS.PNG

vs

vs

I have been playing bot matches more than usual due to shitty internet. I don't mind as I am trying all the characters I have missed so far.

I have noticed medium difficultly is too easy. Hard feels appropriately hard but medium feels more like easy plus. Am I alone?

Yeah definitely. On medium the bots are really passive, they don't even try to deny or harass and you can usually win the game in 15 minutes.

On hard I think they get a bunch of bonuses, not sure if it's documented anywhere. But it feels like they get some kind of speed boost or magic pixel effect when on low health that allows them to zoom away one hit from death every time. Also they never seem to run out of mana and have huge resistance to tower damage. This means they can dive past two towers comfortably and also that they never need to stop a push. This is particularly frustrating when the bots on your team are respawning at different times and dribbling out to feed one by one while they just push and win.

I guess it's kind of hard but it would be good if they made a bit more effort with bot games and managed to make them challenging without being so artificial.

RichieJNES

Neo Member
Has the match making speed improved since DOTA 2 was released? or does it still take around 5 - 10 minutes to find a single draft game in US east/west.

oneils

5v5 Starcraft or Dota 2?

I think there are like 5 spectators attending ESL. So fucking sad. They are intentionally not shooting the crowd, but it looks like just the teams. . .
edit: 3 spectators. Meruna and that couple in front. . . .

Looks to me like there is just a limited pool of guys that watch these events? Anyone have stats on the esports audience? Has it been growing? Is there room for new games to come along or will these games just cannibalise from each other?

shira

ZSMJ (VG) vs Fy (VG)

BurNing (DK) vs Mu (TF)
CTY (VG) vs Mushi (Orange)
Ferrari (iG) vs Dai (DK)

Rules

Game 1 - Shadow Fiend, coin toss decides Radiant and Dire
Game 2 - All-Pick mode, 2 bans each. Sequence of draft is A/B/A/B/A/B (30 seconds per pick)
Game 3 - All-Pick mode, 2 bans each. Sequence of draft is B/A/B/A/B/A (30 seconds per pick)

The first person to get 3 kills or 2 towers wins, with denied towers counting as destroyed for their opponent

No runes are allowed nor bottle crow, no soul rings and no jungling. The rules also prohibit blocking or changing the route of the creeps with hero abilities.

Best of 3, elimination rounds tomorrow

So can you run Abaddon mid? He has good starting stats and base damage. I don't know how well mist coil spam with bottle crow will work out for him. Also I guess he has no way to push the wave.

It seems like he would be a good pushing hero? Since you can tank the tower with the shield and his passive debuff apparently applies to towers. So I guess you could have him in a farming role to get early pushing aura items like vlads and mek and such.

Ultrabum

So can you run Abaddon mid? He has good starting stats and base damage. I don't know how well mist coil spam with bottle crow will work out for him. Also I guess he has no way to push the wave.

It seems like he would be a good pushing hero? Since you can tank the tower with the shield and his passive debuff apparently applies to towers. So I guess you could have him in a farming role to get early pushing aura items like vlads and mek and such.

He is really good at pushing the wave, just tank creeps with the shield, or shield one of your creeps that's taking dmg

So is Mask of Madness into crit on Void actually a viable build? I think those two are the core items on the highest rated guide and and I see it all the time but it doesn't seem that effective. You're super vulnerable while the MoM is on and getting crit before really having any other damage items seems wrong to me.

shira

So is Mask of Madness into crit on Void actually a viable build? I think those two are the core items on the highest rated guide and and I see it all the time but it doesn't seem that effective. You're super vulnerable while the MoM is on and getting crit before really having any other damage items seems wrong to me.

Hylian did a test and maelstrom has a bit more damage in chrono, but it is harder to farm.

Artanisix

Yes it's viable and if you don't waste points on backtrack you'll do absurd damage early.

Hylian did a test and maelstrom has a bit more damage in chrono, but it is harder to farm.
Maelstrom is better than MoM? Or do you mean Mjollnir?

Yes it's viable and if you don't waste points on backtrack you'll do absurd damage early.

Someone should tell the void in my last game that: http://dotabuff.com/matches/242028687/skills
Just realized that Brood didn't have spiderlings until level 10 too. Where do I find these people?

Artanisix

Just trying to get into this game. Shall I keep playing coop against bots or start playing against humans?

Play against humans! It's a completely different experience. If you don't feel comfortable after a few games, you could always go back to bots.

Kyaw

Play against humans! It's a completely different experience. If you don't feel comfortable after a few games, you could always go back to bots.

Alright. I used to play LoL so it shouldn't be that bad but the people in coop bot games haven't exactly been super cooperative.

Anteo

Is there a reason pro Prophets sometimes go only two in sprout?

Long enough disable block, allows you to get other spells earlier. Later in the game you may choose between going stats or sprout, if the enemy can cut the trees easily you may as well get the extra stats instead.

Are there any other quick and simple build/guide site like: http://www.dota2alttab.com/ ? It's helpful for a basic idea of how to use a hero you've never used before, but this is now quite outdated and doesn't have the new heroes.

Why don't you use the ingame guides? Click the upper left book icon and choose from one of the guides. It will highlight suggested abilities every level up as well as change the suggested item lists. There are also texts for explanation that you can read during downtime (you're dead, you're walking towards the ther end of map, etc.).

undu

Why don't you use the ingame guides? Click the upper left book icon and choose from one of the guides. It will highlight suggested abilities every level up as well as change the suggested item lists. There are also texts for explanation that you can read during downtime (you're dead, you're walking towards the ther end of map, etc.).

Is there anybody making high-quality consistent in-game guide for all heroes? Haven't seen anybody.

oneils

Huh, why would a guy with 465 wins queue up for a limited hero match? The next highest win count was 18.

I was playing Lich for the first time in a pvp match. So I didn't really know what I was doing. He kept calling me an idiot. Lol!? What is the point?

We still won, though: http://dotabuff.com/matches/242218513

Kalnos

Banned
Huh, why would a guy with 465 wins queue up for a limited hero match? The next highest win count was 18.

I was playing Lich for the first time in a pvp match. So I didn't really know what I was doing. He kept calling me an idiot. Lol!? What is the point?

We still won, though: http://dotabuff.com/matches/242218513

No matter what game type you choose, even Limited Hero or All Random, there will be tryhards. Sad but true.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
What do you guys think about carry Vengeful Spirit? The 5 or so times I've tried it I had an amazing time.

Its fine but limits her ability to swap freely if she's a primary farmer. She carries better off utility than damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom