• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Redbull ECL LAN elimination + 1v1's
LIVE!!!!! - all games after each other Bo3
http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit - LD, Lumi, Ben Wu
http://www.cespc.com/html/tvol/ - for the shit talk in chinese since the players are mic'd

iG vs RisingStars
Orange vs Rattlesnake
LGD vs Tongfu
Dk vs VG
ZSMJ vs fy
Burning vs Mu
CTY vs Mushi
Ferrari vs Dai

Nexon Cup Korean doto
6CEST/24EST/21PST - two Bo3's
http://www.twitch.tv/gomtv_en - for those whacky Korean casters
http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit2 - Lysander casting

birdGANG vs Eye of Tiger
FXOpen vs Kelloggs TigerPower

After 70 min., 9 level 25's, and over 130 kills... who wins?

Match ID: 241571132
7WAPiOg.png

MKAllDay

It's been nerfed? I'm not sure if it was before or after the update when I last went against a Treant but he messed up half of my ganks -,-

It was changed like a week or two ago with the release of 6.78c.

"* Living Armor damage block instances from 7 to 4/5/6/7"

It is still pretty strong.

BraXzy

Why does this game hate me?

I've been teamed up with a bunch of peeps apparently 'drunk' and they are just sucking bad, everyone is lvl 7/8 we have a sniper lvl 3. They keep diving towers for no reason and doing random crap, then I complained and they said they'd report me.. yay!

I've been teamed up with a bunch of peeps apparently 'drunk' and they are just sucking bad, everyone is lvl 7/8 we have a sniper lvl 3. They keep diving towers for no reason and doing random crap, then I complained and they said they'd report me.. yay!
I'm telling you this now so you can still get out while you have the chance.

This will happen again. And again. Worse things will happen as well.

BraXzy

I'm telling you this now so you can still get out while you have the chance.

This will happen again. And again. Worse things will happen as well.

It's happened before, it just gets irritating when you don't get one game where everyone seems on a similar level and all try.. :(

Funny thing is, I was underleveled compared to them, still gave em a run for my money. I'll post the match ID even though replay won't be up yet.. I went positive haha!

ID: 241603340

shira

Only for a long time player, yes. But it can get very confusing for a new player. HoN is a particularly good example of this.

If I opened a HoN stream right now, chances are I wouldn't be able to tell what's what until I've had a very close look at all the heroes and what they were doing.

I imagine your friendly allies from the same server region would be kind enough to inform you of AM's new white cosmetics in English and in a civil yet prompt manner.

Drunmk hwins are beshhhht wins. I assume 69% of players are high in some form or ruther

Aomber

Played a bot game with Abaddon just to get a feel for him, he's pretty weird, not really sure what kind of item build is good for him or how to play him yet.

On a separate note, does anyone here find themselves playing a lot more bot games than real games? See I play with a lot of friends who aren't that great at the game because they're new and/or don't play a lot, so if they go into a human game they get rolled. Then if I solo queue, I find myself playing with pretty toxic players due to my low win count since I don't really play that many pvp games, and from what I understand the community is relatively better the higher up you go.

Vicious cycle lol

gillFTR

The two right most females are different champions.

Whats your point Katrina is identifiable her daggers while MF by her dual blunderbusses which the last picture doesn't show.

It's not about knowing the hero and cosmetic combination and recognizing it. It's about identifying a hero at a glance. If a unit steps out of the fog of war at the edge of your screen for half a second before vanishing again you need to be able to tell with which unit you are dealing with. It's part of the gameplay of RTS and A-RTS. If cosmetics interfere with this, they are no longer purely cosmetic items. Both HoN and LoL failed miserably in this regard and are horrible examples.

You cannot truly think it is okay for a player not to know what hero he is looking at for 5 seconds. That is beyond stupid. (Edit: The concept that is, not you.)

If the I see the character at the beginning of the game, and the hero selection screen. I personally wouldn't have any issues identifying him throughout the game. Give people more credit.

Any cool streams of abaddon players? (maybe some pro players playing him or something?)
I've played with and against him a few times and he doesn't seem all that annoying.

If the I see the character at the beginning of the game, and the hero selection screen. I personally wouldn't have any issues identifying him throughout the game. Give people more credit.

If there is one thing in this world that I have learned so far, it's that people are always dumber than you think they are.

And animals smarter.

Guys if you want excitement here's the hot Dawngaurd stream: http://www.twitch.tv/waystonegames

Any cool streams of abaddon players? (maybe some pro players playing him or something?)
I've played with and against him a few times and he doesn't seem all that annoying.

I've played him for a few games, he's not all the useful imo, I wouldn't rank him above fun to play in pubs. His ult has a very noticeable visual and audio cue, and its easy to see it trigger when you get him to low enough health. So many times I wished I could turn off the threshold or make it so I could cast it on an ally.

Death Coil should heal or do more damage, it isn't that great when you compare it to other heals. Yes it has a short cd and low mana cost, but it hurts you for a ton of damage early game, doesn't heal for that much, you can't heal yourself, and it has no teritary effect.

His shield is actually really good, and it seems to take post mitigation damage so it scales well into late game.

Frostmourne is nice, it would be even better if it affected creeps and other heroes attacking towers.

KingKong

Like that screenie shows, you need 8 full teams for the lure (or trade for it) and the dye is all (or trade again)

The dye just changes the colour of the crab, nothing that special

Hmm that's not too bad, there's still like a month to get card drops. Maybe they'll make them sellable on the market after TI3

Weren't there supposed to be 3-4 different courier mounts? I wonder how those would be unlocked, could tie into the fantasy thing or predictions

oneils

Just played two more of the limited hero pool tutorial matches.

Had a great time. Unfortunately, neither of the wins count towards my record. Both times, a team-mate disconnected and abandoned the match. We were 4vs5 for a while. In the first match, though, two guys on the opposing team left (razor and juggernaut) after getting whooped by our sniper a couple of times.

So are these disconnects for real? Or are they simply people who just want to leave game?

The second one was kind of frustrating as we were able to pull out the win even though we were behind!

Still had a great time. We actually worked as team for that match.

edit: huh they do show up on dotabuff, though. kewl. http://dotabuff.com/players/10395933
I was pretty terrible with the drow ranger my first time out.

It was fun playing with a GAF stack, even if I was kinda useless :D

I still don't feel much improved after my play time so far, I might start doing more bot matches

That wasn't necessarily the best game to ease someone into, especially if you're still not familiar with all the heroes. It was high bracket and a bit more serious being Random Draft. We were mostly fine after the first 15 minutes or so anyway with 1.09 dominating mid enough to give me the space and time to farm. Lane top was pretty tough early though with Slark and Disruptor having a lot of burst and harass potential.

I've played him for a few games, he's not all the useful imo, I wouldn't rank him above fun to play in pubs. His ult has a very noticeable visual and audio cue, and its easy to see it trigger when you get him to low enough health. So many times I wished I could turn off the threshold or make it so I could cast it on an ally.

Death Coil should heal or do more damage, it isn't that great when you compare it to other heals. Yes it has a short cd and low mana cost, but it hurts you for a ton of damage early game, doesn't heal for that much, you can't heal yourself, and it has no teritary effect.

His shield is actually really good, and it seems to take post mitigation damage so it scales well into late game.

Frostmourne is nice, it would be even better if it affected creeps and other heroes attacking towers.

Just watched a random replay of some player using him and he dove past t1 past t2 and past the t3 at level 8 to get a 1v1 kill (and got back out alive too)
He started mid and dove as soon as he hit lvl 4 (relying on the shield explosions to get kills)

I was in a game where our team stomped the enemy team including the abaddon an hour ago, but had no idea he can dive this hard and get away with it.

But looking at this replay:

-He has soooooooooooo much movement speed

-I don't like that he gets 2 base armor as str hero as well as 60 base damage as well as a big mana pool for a hero that doesn't really use much mana as well as 305 or something (can't remember) base movement speed and 600+ starting hp.
Where is the weakness?

The ult seems to proc even when he is stunned, it proccing passively seems like lame design to me, would make him very low skillcap if he doesn't even have to worry about getting stunned or silenced to not get an ult.
No mana cost either, unlike skeleton king's ult for example.

The shield doesn't seem to scale much offensively at least, 200 dmg in a 650 aoe every, still combined with his deathcoil on the initiator I guess it adds up to a lot of heal/absorb/damage combined.

Most heroes have some sort of stat weakness at lvl 1 (doom has 0 armor, other heroes have fuck all hp or horrible base dmg or horrible movespeed or have a pityful mana pool) , this one doesn't for some reason. Seems like an oversight.

BraXzy

That wasn't necessarily the best game to ease someone into, especially if you're still not familiar with all the heroes. It was high bracket and a bit more serious being Random Draft. We were mostly fine after the first 15 minutes or so anyway with 1.09 dominating mid enough to give me the space and time to farm. Lane top was pretty tough early though with Slark and Disruptor having a lot of burst and harass potential.

I have over a hundred wins but still feel like a complete newb, especially against higher brackets. Still, it was fun seeing you guys absolutely own late game :D

Just watched a random replay of some player using him and he dove past t1 past t2 and past the t3 at level 8 to get a 1v1 kill (and got back out alive too)
He started mid and dove as soon as he hit lvl 4 (relying on the shield explosions to get kills)

I was in a game where our team stomped the enemy team including the abaddon an hour ago, but had no idea he can dive this hard and get away with it.

But looking at this replay:

-He has soooooooooooo much movement speed

-I don't like that he gets 2 base armor as str hero as well as 60 base damage as well as a big mana pool for a hero that doesn't really use much mana as well as 305 or something (can't remember) base movement speed and 600+ starting hp.
Where is the weakness?

The ult seems to proc even when he is stunned, it proccing passively seems like lame design to me, would make him very low skillcap if he doesn't even have to worry about getting stunned or silenced to not get an ult.
No mana cost either, unlike skeleton king's ult for example.

The shield doesn't seem to scale much offensively at least, 200 dmg in a 650 aoe every, still combined with his deathcoil on the initiator I guess it adds up to a lot of heal/absorb/damage combined.

Most heroes have some sort of stat weakness at lvl 1 (doom has 0 armor, other heroes have fuck all hp or horrible base dmg or horrible movespeed or have a pityful mana pool) , this one doesn't for some reason. Seems like an oversight.

His mana pool isn't all that great. He can cast shield all of like 3 times in the early game before he's out of mana. His int gain is okay I guess. I agree with the scaling complaint, but it adds up with the low lvl 4 cd.

His weakness is that if you fuck up and don't get that kill, you just dived super hard and you're completely screwed.

I have over a hundred wins but still feel like a complete newb, especially against higher brackets. Still, it was fun seeing you guys absolutely own late game :D

Being thrown into the crucible with players better than you is also one of the quickest ways to learn though. You'll be given advice and learn from mistakes much faster (without getting raged at
too much :p
) than by playing on your own. It brings direct, responsive feedback like no other method.

shira

When you use an urn on an enemy, does the DoT stop if you attack them like when you use it to heal an ally?

The attack urn charge? No, you can add all the extra damage you want.
It's the heals that stops if non-creep damage is taken.

Wow that crowd, apparently there's a ton standing behind these too:
CbLd2Pl.jpg

It's hilarious because the first couple rows are barely filled for SC2. This makes me so happy to see.

I'm scared to see tomorrow's ESL crowd shots.

Sliver

Wow that crowd, apparently there's a ton standing behind these too:
CbLd2Pl.jpg

It's hilarious because the first couple rows are barely filled for SC2. This makes me so happy to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom