• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
OD is just an insane hero. Holy shit at his arcane orbs when you get a decently timed sheep stick. You can virtually three shot every support out there bar the tanky ones like Undying or Tide.

sixghost

Is there any specific order I should be buying early game items for LD? The guide I'm using has tranquils, phase boots, orb of venom and wand as the early game items, but that's quit a bit of gold early on. If the lane is fairly easy, I've been making phase first for the bear, then tranqs. Is it just situational?

shira

Is there any specific order I should be buying early game items for LD? The guide I'm using has tranquils, phase boots, orb of venom and wand as the early game items, but that's quit a bit of gold early on. If the lane is fairly easy, I've been making phase first for the bear, then tranqs. Is it just situational?
I just played with someone who went armlet bear. The bear died every team fight

Demoli

I usually go

Tranqs on druid

(if I go oov i get it here)

Phase on bear

I skip wand, usually get a cloak after a maelstrom finished on the bear.

Keep in mind i usually offlane Sylla.

Vade

1.09 when you are playing naga is going casual Yasha a safe item and you can build based on the comp. from there or are there better options?

Low Tier
1.09 when you are playing naga is going casual Yasha a safe item and you can build based on the comp. from there or are there better options?

casual yasha is fine since it lets u farm faster then almost any item for its cost. (bar bfury/maelstrom) Depends on how well your team is doing, as a fast diffusal+drums turns naga into a killing machine, and one of naga's strengths as a carry is how much she brings into teamfights with her skillset while also scaling well into late-game because of her illusions.

Basically, if ur team is doing well enough, can u spend that 2k on a yasha and build diffusal afterwards (since manta is core anyways) or u need that diffusal+heart asap. All depends on the lineups.

Kind of wish there were a game mode where each person got a personal ban, so I could play games where there wasn't a batrider or a lifestealer.

I have been getting matched up with brazilians all weekend and it has been the worst dota in the world. The only words they know are "u nob" and "fuck you" so there's only so much conversation that can happen. "Hey can you maybe pull VS?" ('cause you know, you try and be nice) "FUCK YOU NOB". Okay. That's cool. Thanks.

Calidor

I have been getting matched up with brazilians all weekend and it has been the worst dota in the world. The only words they know are "u nob" and "fuck you" so there's only so much conversation that can happen. "Hey can you maybe pull VS?" ('cause you know, you try and be nice) "FUCK YOU NOB". Okay. That's cool. Thanks.

huehuehue

seriously don't solo queue

Boken

Banned
Dota becoming more and more like league

LordCanti

Just played my first player versus player match... this shit is rough. Specifically, it's rough when one of your players literally doesn't buy any items the whole game. We still won somehow...

LordCanti

What did he say when you told him to buy items?

I didn't notice that he wasn't until after the match. I'm going to guess that he just installed and didn't know anything about the game and wasn't getting last hits. He played SK and came through with some clutch burrows though so I don't know.

Edit: Maybe DOTA2 just bugged out. His stats seem too good for not having bought items

(I'm the DP; High gold thanks to courier getting murdered as I was saving for something)

fOhaDFF.jpg

I didn't notice that he wasn't until after the match. I'm going to guess that he just installed and didn't know anything about the game and wasn't getting last hits. He played SK and came through with some clutch burrows though so I don't know.

Edit: Maybe DOTA2 just bugged out. His stats seem too good for not having bought items

(I'm the DP; High gold thanks to courier getting murdered as I was saving for something)

fOhaDFF.jpg

Just so you know, only the stats and actives from boots stack, not the movement speed (it just takes the highest one, in your case the boots of travel). So it's pretty worthless to buy more than one pair of boots even though you have 2 feet. People will make fun of you for this :p

DSix

Banned
So in the end, what's the deal with Abaddon? I've seen him in many games, and he strikes me as a mediocre carry (too weak relative to his farm) and a very meh support (no crowd control, no disable, reliant on melee).

Did I miss something? Or is it yet another character doomed to be never picked up in serious/competitive games?

LordCanti

Just so you know, only the stats and actives from boots stack, not the movement speed (it just takes the highest one, in your case the boots of travel). So it's pretty worthless to buy more than one pair of boots even though you have 2 feet. People will make fun of you for this :p

Many mistakes were made. I followed the top in-game DP guide, but it didn't really cover me for everything. I guess it wanted me to sell the other boots once my mana situation was better thanks to the stones? I made them miserable with a combination of silence and the tower diving ability of the ult though.

Dota 2 is starting to seriously remind me of LoL with the freagin' non-English speakers. Sure I understand that the NA server is the closest but god damn can you not atleast be considerate and speak the majority language? I hate it when I can't speak to the team because they refuse to speak English.

BraXzy

I have the worst luck with Phantom Lancer when I play as him. I just got him in single draft, and it's only my second/third time. Whenever I am against him, he is constantly surrounded by apparitions, to the point where he isn't even there and the team ambushes puffs of air. What I don't get is, when I play as him, I never ever ever seem to get it to proc. Like I took out an entire rax without a dupe of me popping up. Anyone else have bad luck? :L

ink4n3

Anyone want to swap some cards? I'm looking for:
Orange-net
Alliance-S4
Zenith-Yamateh, ice
LGD.int-1437

I've got spares of:
Alliance - Bulba(3), TC(2)
Virtus - ksi
LGD - Pajkatt (2)
DK - rotk
Tongfu - sansheng
Quantic - Silent
MUFC - TFG

woodland

Dota 2 is starting to seriously remind me of LoL with the freagin' non-English speakers. Sure I understand that the NA server is the closest but god damn can you not atleast be considerate and speak the majority language? I hate it when I can't speak to the team because they refuse to speak English.

I've been getting matched up with Peruvians that don't speak English at all and queue as individuals lately ;\ Seriously how do they get to Very High when they're bad, don't speak the language of the server they queue on, and refuse to buy any wards/crow as supports?

I have the worst luck with Phantom Lancer when I play as him. I just got him in single draft, and it's only my second/third time. Whenever I am against him, he is constantly surrounded by apparitions, to the point where he isn't even there and the team ambushes puffs of air. What I don't get is, when I play as him, I never ever ever seem to get it to proc. Like I took out an entire rax without a dupe of me popping up. Anyone else have bad luck? :L

It doesn't proc when he attacks buildings, only creeps or heroes. So to attack a tower (or barracks), you need to build up an army by attacking creeps ahead of time.

I don't play him often now (because I'm not an absolute scumbag), but I usually enjoy it when I do because you can get a lot more out of him microing your illusions to push lanes and clear jungle camps all at once. And he's not quite as intensive as Meepo since you don't have to worry about the illusions dying, so much as making sure they don't block camps that are going to respawn and whatnot.

Miroslav

6JFIPN5.jpg

ksan

I've been getting matched up with Peruvians that don't speak English at all and queue as individuals lately ;\ Seriously how do they get to Very High when they're bad, don't speak the language of the server they queue on, and refuse to buy any wards/crow as supports?

Probably because most other people are even worse.

Tobe

It doesn't proc when he attacks buildings, only creeps or heroes. So to attack a tower (or barracks), you need to build up an army by attacking creeps ahead of time.

I don't play him often now (because I'm not an absolute scumbag), but I usually enjoy it when I do because you can get a lot more out of him microing your illusions to push lanes and clear jungle camps all at once. And he's not quite as intensive as Meepo since you don't have to worry about the illusions dying, so much as making sure they don't block camps that are going to respawn and whatnot.

pl is all about the split push, he can carry but way late. ppl playing him like he was a carry upon lvl 6 are just dumb, yes you can get a couple of kill here and there but you aint surviving for shit without that manta and heart.

garena mentality. ppl are still switching from that hell of a place where everybody tries to carry, and try only to rely on themselves.

shira

fOhaDFF.jpg

I guess he put all the items on his spirit sk

So in the end, what's the deal with Abaddon? I've seen him in many games, and he strikes me as a mediocre carry (too weak relative to his farm) and a very meh support (no crowd control, no disable, reliant on melee).

Did I miss something? Or is it yet another character doomed to be never picked up in serious/competitive games?

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Artanisix

Because Very High isn't just one lump of people, it's broken down into something more similar to a gray scale. You might be on the lower end of Very High with the people just getting into High bracket.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
and refuse to buy any wards/crow as supports?

Not every "Very High" player is good at support, and in fact I'd go as far as to say that most of them aren't.

You don't solo-queue into "Very High" by playing support after all.

Had no idea that was a thing. Explains the lack of items though. Can a spirit SK hold gold as well?

*whoosh*

He's making a joke about items on Lone Druid's Spirit Bear not showing up on the scoreboard. Honestly I'm not sure why the SK would be like that. Did he disconnect at any point? I doesn't look like he sold his items since he only had 1 gold in the bank. Probably just a bug.

LordCanti

*whoosh*

He's making a joke about items on Lone Druid's Spirit Bear not showing up on the scoreboard. Honestly I'm not sure why the SK would be like that. Did he disconnect at any point? I doesn't look like he sold his items since he only had 1 gold in the bank. Probably just a bug.

Lesson #2: Ignore whatever shira says.

I've been haaaaaaaaad ;_;

I don't think the SK disconnected at any point. Probably just a glitch in the matrix.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Not every "Very High" player is good at support, and in fact I'd go as far as to say that most of them aren't.

You don't solo-queue into "Very High" by playing support after all.

i solo queued my way to very high only playing support, true story

Hylian7

i solo queued my way to very high only playing support, true story

I can probably tell you how that happened.

Probably something to do with these. Only rumors are heard of them existing in the trench.

ward_observer_lg.png

And the ways to counter them are even rarer down in the trench.

ward_sentry_lg.png

gem_lg.png

Shepard

I can probably tell you how that happened.

Probably something to do with these. Only rumors are heard of them existing in the trench.

ward_observer_lg.png

And the ways to counter them are even rarer down in the trench.

ward_sentry_lg.png

gem_lg.png

One of the things I hate the most about the trench: hearing invisibility heroes getting mega kill streaks in the early laning phase on other anes...

I've been haaaaaaaaad ;_;

I don't think the SK disconnected at any point. Probably just a glitch in the matrix.

I think the Sk abandoned. Maybe he afk-ed for quite a time which led to him getting an abandon.

Regarding your boots, I think the guide is suggesting you disassemble the Arcane boots and use its Energy Booster as components for the Bloodstone and use the normal boots as a component for the boots of travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom