• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneils

Damn, what a cash cow. Grats to Valve. I certainly can see the appeal. I'm actually really curious to try one out. I had dismissed schemes like this as silly (buying cosmetic items, or gambling for cosmetic items). But I am starting to see why people like them. It is kind of a cool way to get immersed in the games heroes.

Damn, what a cash cow. Grats to Valve. I certainly can see the appeal. I'm actually really curious to try one out. I had dismissed schemes like this as silly (buying cosmetic items, or gambling for cosmetic items). But I am starting to see why people like them. It is kind of a cool way to get immersed in the games heroes.

I have some sort of mental handicap where I'm reluctant to buy the items because I don't play one single hero so much that I'd appreciate the cosmetic items.

Also visage is fun to play and is secret op.

oneils

I have some sort of mental handicap where I'm reluctant to buy the items because I don't play one single hero so much that I'd appreciate the cosmetic items.

Also visage is fun to play and is secret op.

Yeah. I'm not quite there yet. Right now I just love seeing my backpack fill up with items. I also get really curious as to what is inside the chests, even if I may not even use any of the items. I guess it is a bit like the urge to gamble - when it comes to chests at least.

Anteo

Yeah. I'm not quite there yet. Right now I just love seeing my backpack fill up with items. I also get really curious as to what is inside the chests, even if I may not even use any of the items. I guess it is a bit like the urge to gamble - when it comes to chests at least.

Can't you like, double click the chest to see what items you may get?

elyetis

These plus he is fun as hell to play when you know what you're doing with him. Some of my most memorable games were with Teemo. I never played the original Dota, so I'm not sure how Techies will compare to him, but I'm anxious to try them out.
I probably don't have more than 20-30 game on LoL yet meepo was the one who gave me the best impression ( and is one of the main reason I want techies ). And the only champion's name I can still remember with Amumu and Lux.

shira

http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_dota

#5 mouz

Vengeful%20Spirit_icon.png

#9 http://whendidegthrowlast.com/

edit LAN crashed

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is there any games where Synderen actually does well as a support? I can't recall him ever doing that well in the role.

Hylian7

I went 10/2/25 as Necro and my reward was a dupe Omni helm. NEAT.

Also, does Reaper's Scythe actually HEAL Abaddon when he ults? I mean he was definitely in the kill threshold, so Abby's ult overrides that? Valve pls

Makes sense, Reaper's Scythe is straight up damage, unlike Culling Blade which is instant kill.

oneils

Can't you like, double click the chest to see what items you may get?

Lol, can you actually do that? I thought the contents were invisible until you open it up. Or does it only give a preview of the item pool, but not the item you will receive?

BraXzy

Oh wow. Just had my second game as Lifestealer, and I was against what seemed like every counter I had. QoP with a jump to avoid instant death, Abaddon to avoid death at the last minute. Gyro had a SB, Mirana had a jump too and Juggernaut did his spin thing.

There must have been 10+ times that I got one or more of their team down, just for them to escape and someone else to jump in and kill me. Meanwhile my team will have ran away during the fight which would have been an easily clean up otherwise :(

Acinixys

If you get sucked in your inventory will look like THIS

Do you need to wait 24 hours before you can trade keys you bought from the store like TF2?

Yes, but only if its a new Credit Card. If you save the data and buy more they're trade-able immediately.

But if you buy them on the Steam Market for $2.20 you get them cheaper AND can trade them straight away

Also, if you think these player cards are stupid and dont want them, please feel free to add me on Steam. Ill take them off your hands :D

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Lol, can you actually do that? I thought the contents were invisible until you open it up. Or does it only give a preview of the item pool, but not the item you will receive?

You can see what kind of items you can possibly get. With the chance to get some super rare extra that isn't displayed.

Oh wow. Just had my second game as Lifestealer, and I was against what seemed like every counter I had. QoP with a jump to avoid instant death, Abaddon to avoid death at the last minute. Gyro had a SB, Mirana had a jump too and Juggernaut did his spin thing.

There must have been 10+ times that I got one or more of their team down, just for them to escape and someone else to jump in and kill me. Meanwhile my team will have ran away during the fight which would have been an easily clean up otherwise :(

Many ways to counter this. Naixbomb after THEY initiate, buy Orchid, buy Blink Dagger (this may seem like a trollbuild buy hey whatever works!), always buy dust against Shadowblade users....

What were your items? Perhaps the racecar build (phase + sange and yasha) along with a basher to hold them in place would have helped.

BraXzy

Just had my best game as slark, my god. When you do awesome in this game you feel like a god! :D

I landed almost every jump, got multiple invis runners and then finished them with my Q. Felt good.

Lotto

I really hope we see a resurgence of Invoker come the International. I miss seeing his play in tournaments. Does anyone know if there's gonna be any small balance patches before TI3 or is what we have now all the players have to work with?

shira

I really hope we see a resurgence of Invoker come the International. I miss seeing his play in tournaments. Does anyone know if there's gonna be any small balance patches before TI3 or is what we have now all the players have to work with?

Nope. Not unless Icefrog breaks his streak of minor changes and/or they release a $$$ cosmetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom