• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

yo what are da bess ward locations

i need a map

Lol warding is weird

iF0MeBsW3nmTo.png

Many mistakes were made. I followed the top in-game DP guide, but it didn't really cover me for everything. I guess it wanted me to sell the other boots once my mana situation was better thanks to the stones? I made them miserable with a combination of silence and the tower diving ability of the ult though.

Those blue and white boots are arcane boots (or mana boots). You make them by buying boots of speed (the basic brown boots) and then buying 1 energy booster.

What the guide wanted you to do was to build those first so you would have a ready source of mana, then start gathering the other parts for a Bloodstone. Except the energy booster. That would be a round blue thing like the round pink thing in your inventory. Once you have all of the parts except the energy booster you can then right-click on your mana boots and choose the disassemble option. That would turn the boots into 2 parts on the ground in front of you, the boots and the energy booster. Pick up the energy booster to finish the blood stone then pick up the boots (now back to being basic brown boots) and start working towards the recipe to change the brown boots into boots of travel.

Card Boy

Banned
I blind played my first Shadow Demon match today in Compendium and managed to win. I played it safe and just went full support, enemy just fountain camped towards the end as our QoP decimated them.

How should i be leveling my skills as a support?

Boken

Banned
I blind played my first Shadow Demon match today in Compendium and managed to win. I played it safe and just went full support, enemy just fountain camped towards the end as our QoP decimated them.

Everybody hated me for maxing poison. So sad :( I just Wanna do da damages

I think you're meant to max his w out
Let other people deal damage

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

First level in Disruption, usually max Soul Catcher, maybe grab a point in Shadow Poison at 4, and then ether max Disruption or Shadow Poison depending on which you think will be more useful. .

BeesEight

Alright, I'm really starting to enjoy these compendium matches. Barring that first set that was... pretty one-sided, at least for pubs, these last couple have been rather entertaining. It's nice knowing you're going to get a decent team composition even if you're just solo queuing.

Thought the Radiant would be more favoured but all my games so far have gone to the Dire. This last game got me on Clock and even though I bumbled about having no idea what I was doing, ended up having a lot of fun with him. So good for disrupting team positions in fights and infuriating your enemies.

Boken

Banned
I waited in queue for 10 minutes for a compendium match and gave up. Never again.

All pick for life.

Queues for everything else are unbearable

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope they make "Compendiumn" mode a more general game play mode once TI3 is over, and just have weekly rotating games open to everyone.

Kreunt

Banned
I waited in queue for 10 minutes for a compendium match and gave up. Never again.

All pick for life.

Queues for everything else are unbearable

I queued for a compendium match once, tabbed out and forgot about it, 28 minutes later was still in the queue.
Never played a compendium match, doubt I ever will.

LordCanti

Those blue and white boots are arcane boots (or mana boots). You make them by buying boots of speed (the basic brown boots) and then buying 1 energy booster.

What the guide wanted you to do was to build those first so you would have a ready source of mana, then start gathering the other parts for a Bloodstone. Except the energy booster. That would be a round blue thing like the round pink thing in your inventory. Once you have all of the parts except the energy booster you can then right-click on your mana boots and choose the disassemble option. That would turn the boots into 2 parts on the ground in front of you, the boots and the energy booster. Pick up the energy booster to finish the blood stone then pick up the boots (now back to being basic brown boots) and start working towards the recipe to change the brown boots into boots of travel.

I think the Sk abandoned. Maybe he afk-ed for quite a time which led to him getting an abandon.

Regarding your boots, I think the guide is suggesting you disassemble the Arcane boots and use its Energy Booster as components for the Bloodstone and use the normal boots as a component for the boots of travel.

There's absolutely no way on earth I would have gotten that from the guide. Thanks.

Deadly

There's absolutely no way on earth I would have gotten that from the guide. Thanks.
I don't know if it was the case but the DMX guides suck and are very high in the guide menu. A good guide will have written tooltips on each item to explain you why you should get that.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Shadow fiend is totally a support, he has that armor reduction aura, his ult slows and reduces the enemies damage, and he gets 3 nukes at level 1.

I don't know if it was the case but the DMX guides suck and are very high in the guide menu. A good guide will have written tooltips on each item to explain you why you should get that.

The only DMX guide I use is for Ogremagi. Aren't these guide auto-rated by bots that't why it's rated so high?

Des0lar

will learn eventually

Next time, hover over your items (even in the shop menu) and skills.
Good guides will have tips and explanations added below the popup, so you know why you are doing something.

Kreunt

Banned
ugh.
tiny demands safelane with shadow shaman, which forces both our carries to offlane together.
tiny feeds top lane for 10 minutes and then rage quits.

this fucking game.

Tobe

ancient was at 248 team decided to throw. its even worst cause the one who threw hardest was a friend fuck this shit.

Acinixys

ugh.
tiny demands safelane with shadow shaman, which forces both our carries to offlane together.
tiny feeds top lane for 10 minutes and then rage quits.

this fucking game.

I just had a game where our Silence abandoned after 10 minutes and we won 4v5 at 50 mins, with their Abbadon trying to back door us

DotA is either epic or 100% shit

There is no middle ground

Hellraider

Treant goes mid, never uses living armor.
I, Dragon Knight, am with shaman hard, doesnt ward, wants last hits.
Tidehunter and void bot, tide wants to farm.

28minutes.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Man, I am having the most difficult time getting some of these last few cards.

I also forgot to add "Do not message me on steam" in one of my trades and got around 30 friend requests.

yeesh

sixghost

How do you guys recommend building Lone Druid? The guides out there seem all over the place. The one I use in game has me building Tranqs, wand on Druid and Phase boots, Orb of Venom, and Stout shield on the Spirit Bear early. Then Maelstrom and AC for the bear as the first two big items, basher after that.

So here are my questions:

Is that a decent way to build him? Should I be getting anything on Druid after tranqs and wand? Maybe a cloak or something.

When is it a good idea to go for a Radiance on the bear?

Are items like RoB or Vlads good on Druid? I've seen a couple guides recommend those.

And if I do end up building AC, does it go on the bear, or on druid? I've been using it on the bear, but I could see how that could be a bad thing if you die after recently summoning the bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom