• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

The worst teammate I've ever dealt with was a Lone Druid who didn't put a single point into Spirit Bear or True Form the entire game. We pleaded with him to skill the bear. Ironically he had 4 points in Synergy.

This is actually a legitimate (and VERY old) way to play Lone Druid assuming he went the right items. Synergy increases Rabid duration, btw.

DSix

Banned
Since a month or so the matchmaking is absolutely horrendous for me. Just last night it put me with 2 guys under 200 wins against a team of guys way over 600. No need to be a genius to figure out how it ended, the 2 inexperienced players were nothing but free food.

It keeps happening again and again, putting me against impossible odds even tho my ratio is a bit under 50.

I think I'm gonna stop playing for a good while.
Fuck you valve :/

ksan

This is actually a legitimate (and VERY old) way to play Lone Druid assuming he went the right items. Synergy increases Rabid duration, btw.

You're right that it's very old, but it's not legitimate...

I still thank InDe_eD for his guide on how to play sylla every night before I go to sleep...

Almost 1000 hours played with not a single abandon.... Until last night. My stupid cable Internet decided to completely cut out, and Volvo saw fit to give me an abandon. Am I in LPQ for 24 hours or is the first time offense lighter?

Almost 1000 hours played with not a single abandon.... Until last night. My stupid cable Internet decided to completely cut out, and Volvo saw fit to give me an abandon. Am I in LPQ for 24 hours or is the first time offense lighter?
You won't get lpq for just one at your playtime.

TommyT

You're right that it's very old, but it's not legitimate...

I still thank InDe_eD for his guide on how to play sylla every night before I go to sleep...

Except for those of us that can't be bothered (see: bad at) to micro it is. That attack speed and range is smexy!

BraXzy

You can have creeps kill you or self deny with Bloodstone. I did the latter by accident once. Surprised the hell out of me.

Firs ttime I got a bloodstone, I put it into my SPACE slot, which is my panic button, without meaning to (It should have been my wand) I was about to press space then noticed the bloodstone was in my slot, checked to see what its active was, oh shit! xD

Zephyx

Dunno if it's the right place for this but I have Player Cards that I can trade for cosmetics. Preferably that Green Jugg Blade + 1 other item for all these cards.

[Have] : Misery, Dendi, 7ckngmad, ice, TFG, Fly, Trixi, iceiceice

:p If I'm not online on Steam, probably I am at work or asleep. Just leave a message.

TommyT

Dunno if it's the right place for this but I have Player Cards that I can trade for cosmetics. Preferably that Green Jugg Blade + 1 other item for all these cards.

[Have] : Misery, Dendi, 7ckngmad, ice, TFG, Fly, Trixi, iceiceice

:p If I'm not online on Steam, probably I am at work or asleep. Just leave a message.

I think I have those and would be happy to trade.

Relic Blade of the Kuur-Ishiminari? I have that if that's the one. You're welcome to look through my inventory and see what else you might like ( I don't play Jug much/ever so you can have more of him ): http://steamcommunity.com/id/TommyTSquared/inventory/

xKebob

I dont know what's up with the MM but since the patch ive been placed with really nice teams,dont think I had a bad team since then..

M.D

I'm just getting started with this game, still doing the tutorial (have not played a full match yet)

I watched some Youtube videos and I feel like I only know the very basics, but it looks like the best way to learn this game is actually playing it, so if anyone here is willing to teach/play with a noob, PM me and we'll team up ;p

Also looking for others noobs to play with!

A quick rant on the joys of the community.

Was in a 16 minute queue because I could only get time to play really late at night. I did a quick check of my team as we were loading in and, sure enough, huge win discrepancy between players.

Which was fine. I had an idea of who should be higher skilled than others. I grabbed a support since I'm still wide-eyed and wonder free to this game.

Well, the bitching actually started before the clock finished counting down. Leading the charge was the self claimed '1200 wins' QoP who couldn't believe that we lost despite farming a 16 minute Scythe in the middle lane.

It amazes me that people can play this game for so long and spend all their time complaining. Instead of just shouting at the (stupid) Alchemist why not... I don't know, try and gank his lane? Or go organize a sweep of the jungle and their two farmers in there? Or do something other than sit in your middle lane and farm? If by your own damn admission you are God's gift to Dota, why not use that skill or experience and try to help out the struggling or lower performing players on your team?

Alternatively, you can complain at people for thirty minutes and then convince yourself that all your loses are solely out of your control and you'd just win more games if it were for your 'god damn teammates.'

I feel comfortable that my report will go through on this one though.

^This. Being nice instead of being a jerk goes a long way. I hope more people report those who are verbally abusing others.

In other news, all invokers that I've played with are this way (very rude and a jerk to others).

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
^This. Being nice instead of being a jerk goes a long way. I hope more people report those who are verbally abusing others.

In other news, all invokers that I've played with are this way (very rude and a jerk to others).

They're just roleplaying.

Dem 18rares
3AQmK.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So I'm looking through the list of matches on Dotabuff and all I'm seeing is page after page of 10-20 minute matches ... are there really that many lopsided / abandoned matches?

Its a quark with how the matches are reported. Games that end sooner show up in the front of the lists of all matches that have recently happened, so all the short games show up really high up.

Compendiumn mode is fun, but its a shame when the Enemy Gyro is really good at farming, while both the Alch and the Weaver are pretty poor. Also, so many fights on top of Dark Seer's wall, and Silencer finally remember he had a global. But I as Shadow Deomon made some really nice plays happen with the Lina for the first 25 minutes.

JustinBB7

Oh god, KP beat a trolling Alliance. In before Envy starts to claim his team is the new #1 in the world because they beat Alliance.

Playing through the tutorial now, and I actually think it teaches stuff pretty well. Its not perfect, it never could be, but this is a pretty good attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom