• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeolist

Banned
glad to see fnatic and liquid doing well

mouz are probably a nice bunch of guys but i hate hate hate watching black farming matches so fuck that team

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm on DOTA2 now. Ask in the neogaf chat channel if you want an invite. If I see you I'll send one.

Lyng

So I had a bad game as clinkz. Had to play support because our venomancer refused to buy support items.

Then after we lost horrible he asks the other team to report me. And beeing a russian stack the rest of the team backs him up.
Then I explained the situation, and the idiot hurries up and buys two sets of wards to hide his true gameplay.

Wonder if I get a ban or not.

I'm still pretty new to everything, so I'm still trying to figure out characters. Thinking about trying Lina. Any advice on her or some other characters to try? I was rolling around with Windrunner for a while with fairly good success, and on the whole I really enjoy the support role.

I'm still pretty new to everything, so I'm still trying to figure out characters. Thinking about trying Lina. Any advice on her or some other characters to try? I was rolling around with Windrunner for a while with fairly good success, and on the whole I really enjoy the support role.

Her stun can be really hard to land even for people who know it really well. You'll want to use it in conjunction with a set up stun to make sure you can actually get it off and not completely whiff. Focus on getting your first two skills and ignore the passive until you really know what you're doing. Your ult does a ton of damage. Don't use it on a nyx with carapace active.

Her stun can be really hard to land even for people who know it really well. You'll want to use it in conjunction with a set up stun to make sure you can actually get it off and not completely whiff. Focus on getting your first two skills and ignore the passive until you really know what you're doing. Your ult does a ton of damage. Don't use it on a nyx with carapace active.

Yeah I definitely noticed that her stun is super useful, but you almost have to see the future to get some good hits. Or at the very least, just lead people. I'll definitely take your advice and hold off on the passive, since an attack speed boost after a spell cast didn't *seem* as useful her other skills. Though I could be wrong. And yeah that ultimate of hers -- I was not prepared for the amount of damage that did. It seems like when she has the mana, her combos are almost guaranteed death.

Calidor

Thanks Kaipi & FNatic!

VhonDTM.jpg

I should've bet 4 each

sixghost

Lina is kind of like Windrunner, their stuns can be hard to land against good players, but when you are first starting out, it's actually not that tough once you get the timing down and learn to lead people.

shira

Thanks Kaipi & FNatic!

VhonDTM.jpg

I should've bet 4 each

deleting for mythicals?

So I had a bad game as clinkz. Had to play support because our venomancer refused to buy support items.

Then after we lost horrible he asks the other team to report me. And beeing a russian stack the rest of the team backs him up.
Then I explained the situation, and the idiot hurries up and buys two sets of wards to hide his true gameplay.

Wonder if I get a ban or not.

Gangbang ban reporting doesn't work.

blog.dota.com:
Multiple people ganging up on you to report you in the same game has no effect on whether or not you are banned. We are looking at patterns of behavior over time only.

What's the consensus for solo lanes when there's a jungler on your team? Is the solo lane situated where the team's jungle is at (IE Dire Top/Radiant Bot) or vice versa (Dire Bot/Radiant Top)?

I'm more in the mind for the former, wouldn't it be easier and better for the solo lane to get assistance from the jungler when needed or is it better to shut down a lane with 3 people?

Haly

Can't invite remotely, you need to be in game and in the channel.

Vaporak

What's the consensus for solo lanes when there's a jungler on your team? Is the solo lane situated where the team's jungle is at (IE Dire Top/Radiant Bot) or vice versa (Dire Bot/Radiant Top)?

I'm more in the mind for the former, wouldn't it be easier and better for the solo lane to get assistance from the jungler when needed or is it better to shut down a lane with 3 people?

The second. Your teams primary carry goes in the lane next to your own jungle because it's the safest lane, and your primary carry typically is weak in the early game and can make the best use of gold and experience. The solo laner should be prepared for this and have a self reliant hero who has a hope of not getting bullied out of his lane 1v2. Of course in trench dota seemingly no one else will know this and you'll just have to make do.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

It depends on the rest of the team. You can run two on the long lane and one on the short lane if the short-lane hero is very effective at farming from a distance or zoning out the enemy, like Kunkka, Dark Seer, or Clockwerk. Then if you have say, a hard carry you can send them long lane with a support and the jungler is there to help get ganks or save the carry if need be.

But if it doesn't look like your team comp can support that then its also fine to run two short and a solo in the long lane. However, the situation I've described is usually pretty desirable, so if someone takes a jungler consider trying to figure out what roles would allow for the setup I describe.

Glix

It depends on the rest of the team. You can run two on the long lane and one on the short lane if the short-lane hero is very effective at farming from a distance or zoning out the enemy, like Kunkka, Dark Seer, or Clockwerk. Then if you have say, a hard carry you can send them long lane with a support and the jungler is there to help get ganks or save the carry if need be.

But if it doesn't look like your team comp can support that then its also fine to run two short and a solo in the long lane. However, the situation I've described is usually pretty desirable, so if someone takes a jungler consider trying to figure out what roles would allow for the setup I describe.

I find that it works out better when the solo guy is in the short lane. That way you can still have a hard carry with a support and have the support stacking for the jungler or for pulling to get the lane back, etc in the long lane

Like Tech said, especially if you have a guy like seer that can sit in the short lane all day and get exp and gold its very desirable.

The Technomancer

How many damage auras?

H7njMfm.png

ALL THE DAMAGE AURAS

By 20 minutes or so Drow, Venge, AA and I had something like +100 or so when we were all together.

MKAllDay

Has anyone else been having ridiculously long queue times in the last couple days? Despite the playerbase being at an all time high, my queues have been longer than when the beta was young and had a limited player base.

Also should I ask for guild invites here or on the NeoGAF in game channel? If the answer is here then please consider this my formal request.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mkallday

The Technomancer

Has anyone else been having ridiculously long queue times in the last couple days? Despite the playerbase being at an all time high, my queues have been longer than when the beta was young and had a limited player base.

Also should I ask for guild invites here or on the NeoGAF in game channel? If the answer is here then please consider this my formal request.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mkallday

I pictured you like kneeling down in front of a throne with Milk sitting on it.

Haly and Dreams off to the sides as courtiers.

Anteo

So I want to share something I just remembered from my old wc3 dota days.
Back on those times people just created rooms and you joined hoping for the best. It was fun to join stacked rooms with people claiming to be recruiting for their guild and beat them with a group of randoms. How did you know they had a stack? They asked anyone that joined to go to the Scourage Dire side or they would kick them from the pre game room. Generally I ended flaming them at the end when we won because why not? most of the time they were asholes that flamed the other team they were trying to get recruits from and make fun of new players. Fun times

There was one match where I had to go top as a sentinel radiant DragonK. You know how generally people get the armor cause "regen fuck yeah" so they can survive longer? Well at that point I always went Nuke/Stun and later armor, and sometimes got flamed for that.

In this particular game I actually got some kills on lane because the combination of Stun + nuke was really unexpected for the enemies on the lane. One of the enemies, after dying like the 4th time to me and my lanemate started flaming me.

Yes, he started flaming me, telling me I was a noob because only noobs would go Nuke/Stun isntead of armor/nuke or armor/stun and that's why I was winning. He actually typed it many times in the chat. "You are wining because you are a noob" So much salt. It was hiliarous.

Haly

How do you know if you're being punished? 'Cause, over the course of today (not all in one unbroken stretch), I've sat in queue for well over an hour without finding a match.

Is the ubuntu client stable? I'm criminally stupid in the linux department and I'd like to duo boot a distro someday on my desktop or my laptop, plus it'd look nice on my resume to have more experience with linux (I hardly doubt anyone is running ubuntu for server side stuff), but I do use bash at my university a lot.

Calidor

So I want to share something I just remembered from my old wc3 dota days.
Back on those times people just created rooms and you joined hoping for the best. It was fun to join stacked rooms with people claiming to be recruiting for their guild and beat them with a group of randoms. How did you know they had a stack? They asked anyone that joined to go to the Scourage Dire side or they would kick them from the pre game room. Generally I ended flaming them at the end when we won because why not? most of the time they were asholes that flamed the other team they were trying to get recruits from and make fun of new players. Fun times

There was one match where I had to go top as a sentinel radiant DragonK. You know how generally people get the armor cause "regen fuck yeah" so they can survive longer? Well at that point I always went Nuke/Stun and later armor, and sometimes got flamed for that.

In this particular game I actually got some kills on lane because the combination of Stun + nuke was really unexpected for the enemies on the lane. One of the enemies, after dying like the 4th time to me and my lanemate started flaming me.

Yes, he started flaming me, telling me I was a noob because only noobs would go Nuke/Stun isntead of armor/nuke or armor/stun and that's why I was winning. He actually typed it many times in the chat. "You are wining because you are a noob" So much salt. It was hiliarous.

old WC3 doto was fun
and easier

back then when wands were unheard of, I used to get health ring as starting item on DK and +regen/armor = my own personal treant

mattvlr

Neo Member
So I'm still pretty to gaf and I just decided to pick up dota2 this week since it officially released. Things have been going good until I decided to queue a medium bot game with my buddy who is also is new. I just had my worst game yet as brood mother. And man it was a long one.
LxrEV6z.png

Right now I'm a little put off, but I'll give it another try soon.

Anteo

old WC3 doto was fun
and easier

back then when wands were unheard of, I used to get health ring as starting item on DK and +regen/armor = my own personal treant

I remember when smoke was not a thing. Oh and the time were the only boots you could get were Threads, regular or Teleport.

Or the time when the phase boots actuallly gave nice defense instead of damage. Perfect for supports!

Or when arcane boots didnt exist and we had Arcane Ring instead. Energy booster + ring of protection!

Or when Hood was made with Helm of Iron Will. The HoIW was TOO good in lane. Too good. I still get it first when getting a HoD

Edit: Just remembered:

When Blink Dagger didnt broke down on Damage, Kellen Dagger of Escape indeed
Same for HoT, and when Hot gave a fixed hp regen you could stack.

So I'm still pretty to gaf and I just decided to pick up dota2 this week since it officially released. Things have been going good until I decided to queue a medium bot game with my buddy who is also is new. I just had my worst game yet as brood mother. And man it was a long one.
LxrEV6z.png

Right now I'm a little put off, but I'll give it another try soon.

Oh you so pretty :lol
Ouch at those items. What happened?

Just had my first game as Abbadon.

Got first blood on an invisible Bounty Hunter using the shield explosion.

I like this guy a lot.

You know what I love? Breaking the shield on purpose to get kills. Bonus point if you kill a hero with the nuke and another with the explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom