• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellraider

no steam logon
no steam logon
no steam logon
no steam logon
no steam logon
no steam logon
no steam logon
no steam logon
no steam logon
no steam logon
no steam logon
no steam logon
no steam logon
no steam logon

Another lost game that i did not deserve it.

patapuf

Just repeatedly getting sneak attacked by Bounty Hunter. Near the end he was tackling towers by himself. Wasn't much fun.

:D Will do!

Why are they not good for newbies?

Because it's not actually the newbies playing the mode. You are more likely to find new players with regular matchmaking.

Just repeatedly getting sneak attacked by Bounty Hunter. Near the end he was tackling towers by himself. Wasn't much fun.

:D Will do!

Why are they not good for newbies?

Sentry wards, they are totally worth the gold. I'll go hard support in a second just to catch those sneaky bastards.

Smithy C

Because it's not actually the newbies playing the mode. You are more likely to find new players with regular matchmaking.

I'm assuming it's a bit of an ego feeding ground for veteran players.

Those jerks! How should I go about finding games with players more around my level?

Sentry wards, they are totally worth the gold. I'll go hard support in a second just to catch those sneaky bastards.

Next time I shall be a ward mule. Figuring out where to put them will be the problem. Any tips?

Those jerks! How should I go about finding games with players more around my level?

Next time I shall be a ward mule. Figuring out where to put them will be the problem. Any tips?

Well depends what lane you're in. Aim for areas you'd likely see him the most or where fights may occur mid to late game. Also if you're looking to gank him just place it a bit ahead of where you are and bait him into it(if you've got some reliable stuns).

JustinBB7

Patch out, no changelog yet, but I already have it. Looks like no new hero, but Earthshaker looks weird as shit!

Notes:

GAMEPLAY
- Abaddon: Fixed Abaddon's illusions applying Curse of Avernus.
- Abaddon: Fixed Aphotic Shield being dispelled.
- Abaddon: Fixed Mist Coil Heal/Damage order.
- Dragon Knight: Fixed Dragon Blood's bonus armor not showing properly in the UI.
- Gyrocopter: Fixed the Fountain doing no damage to Gyrocopter 's Homing Missile.
- Io: Fixed Tether sharing mana regeneration when you have full mana.
- Io: Fixed Spirits initially spawning 250 units away instead of 150 units.
- Medusa: Fixed various spells being unable to remove the stun from Stone Gaze.
- Medusa: Fixed Stone Gaze facing requirement not taking into account distance once the debuff is added.
- Necrolyte: Fixed several specific heroes being unable to buyback for the rest of the game if they died to Reaper's Scythe.
- Omniknight: Fixed Guardian Angel not affecting Siege units.
- Silencer: Fixed Curse of the Silent being removed by Aphotic Shield/Manta.
- Slark: Fixed Pounce's Leash getting dispelled.
- Visage: Fixed being able to dodge Soul Assumption.
- Fixed the free courier in Mid Only not always being controllable if you selected your hero too late.
- Fixed Backswing behavior for: Soul Rip, Tombstone, Cold Feet, Ice Vortex, Chilling Touch, Enfeeble, Shallow Grave, Thunder Strike, Kinetic Field, Static Storm, Malefice, Midnight Pulse, Howl, Stifling Dagger, Static Link, Shrapnel, Psionic Trap, Whirling Axes (Ranged), Storm Bolt, God's Strength, Wave of Terror, Venomous Gale, Shadow Word, Fatal Bonds, The Swarm, Time Lapse, Maledict, Overpower and Ice Shards.

UI
- Added automatic detection of GG calls in tournament and practice lobby matches, which then ends the game 10 seconds later.
- In the fantasy stats dropdown, players you have on any of your teams will be highlighted and mousing over them will list which of your fantasy teams they are on.
- Guild invitations now display who's inviting you, and how many members the guild has.
- Added a tournament drop for early roshan kills (before creeps spawn).
- Quick Cast now works on the portrait of your currently selected unit.
- Players can customize which messages appear on the Chat Wheel.
- Messages sent via the Chat Wheel appear with an arrow icon next to them.
- Calendar page now shows a list of tournament games per day.

VISUALS
- New Earthshaker model.
- Updates to some Earthshaker effects.
- Abilities that are configured to ignore Backswing will now continue their animation visually if they have no other orders or actions to take.
- Fixed Eclipse not always playing the missed Lucent Beam visual effects.
- Made Abaddon's Borrowed Time effect and healing more clear.

MATCHMAKING
- People who decline Matchmaking are temporarily restricted from searching for 45 seconds.
- Parties are more likely to be matched against other similarly sized parties.
- When matching parties, the matchmaker now also considers the minimum experience level on both teams rather than just the average.
- Reduced the average skill variance in games where there are 10 individual players.
- Fixed a bug in the matchmaker that was causing it to insufficiently segregate players based on win count.
- Fixed a bug that would cause excessive queue times, especially for large parties or high skill players.

AUDIO
- Non-default announcers will now comment on pick/ban phases.
- Windows Mixer control for Dota2 no longer resets to full volume on start up.
- Music volume floor goes to 0.
- Updated Abaddon VO.

Conceptor

tumblr_mpzt0syPv41s9ehu5o2_400.png

ahh

Moaradin

Even though it's just a small patch there are some very nice things in it.

- Players can customize which messages appear on the Chat Wheel.
- New Earthshaker model.
- Updates to some Earthshaker effects.
- People who decline Matchmaking are temporarily restricted from searching for 45 seconds.
- Parties are more likely to be matched against other similarly sized parties.
- When matching parties, the matchmaker now also considers the minimum experience level on both teams rather than just the average.
- Reduced the average skill variance in games where there are 10 individual players.

I like these ones especially.

Smithy C

Well depends what lane you're in. Aim for areas you'd likely see him the most or where fights may occur mid to late game. Also if you're looking to gank him just place it a bit ahead of where you are and bait him into it(if you've got some reliable stuns).

So can they see wards? And just smash them? The stuns part might have been where I was falling down. Got randomed Juggernaut.

It's only in practice and tournaments

Yeah, but I imagine there's gonna be some instance in a tournament where a pre-emptive gg comes out and screws things up. Or just poor sports ending the game early in private matches.

Unlike Lions and Witch Doctors respective redesigns this ES actually looks better than the old one.

I dunno about the portrait view, but the model and bar icon (the one that goes at the top) definitely look better.

I'm okay with this patch. Lots of little cool things. Matchmaking fixes, chat wheel and volume stuff.

AND NEW EARTHSHAKER YAYYYYY

Yeah, but I imagine there's gonna be some instance in a tournament where a pre-emptive gg comes out and screws things up. Or just poor sports ending the game early in private matches.

Then maybe they shouldn't gg :p

So can they see wards? And just smash them? The stuns part might have been where I was falling down. Got randomed Juggernaut.

They can't see the wards once placed no, unless they have counter sentries of their own. There are several ways in which they can be weary of a ward that's placed and that's if your creeps start attacking them(because the sentry reveals them to all) and they actually check your backpack and see sentry wards in there. A smart player looks out for these things and may just move way back.

JustinBB7

I'm sure it must be like, only if it's a wave of gg's from both teams for it to work. Not just 1 gg and the game suddenly ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom