• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKyo

hWTjqc9.jpg

Mononoke

Banned
So, is there any reason there still isn't any Luna gear? I know there are some sets made, were they just not up to standard to get approved? You would figure Valve would be trying to get these out, considering Luna fans been starved for equipment for a long time now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The problem with Abbadon is that his model is way too busy and filled with particles. You can hardly see his armor and any cosmetic will just be lost in the general mess.

bounchfx

new abaddon set already?? It looks great.

spirit breaker set is almost done being sculpted. two couriers are also done and currently being animated. hoping to flood you guys with more goodness soon!

Haly

With the new chat wheel options, one thing I would like to see is chat wheel voice packs on the Workshop. Have people record their own set of phrases so others can use them in the game.

This would open the Workshop to more than just artists and modelers, but also aspiring voice actors. It will take off some of the pressure from Valve's recording studio to meet what will clearly be a great many requests for specific phrases and memes like "Raise your Dongers" or "OPA OPA DENDI", etc. And this would really be no more abusive than people screaming over voice comms, and Valve can filter the really dirty stuff through their screening process.

That and I just want a dotoGAF pack with all the greatest soundbites from our games.

Haly

I expect a Storm makeover soon to turn him into a panda.

That or Xin and the new Earth Spirit can also be fat mexicans.

Haly

Levels don't mean much, especially now with the compendium bonus.

Valve really needs to change it to some other kind of more innocuous label.

Boken

Banned
and also, people can have bad days

people can just suck at a hero

people can just try that hero for the first time

THIS COMMUNITY MAN

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Levels don't mean much, especially now with the compendium bonus.

Valve really needs to change it to some other kind of more innocuous label.

Maybe just experience level? Its what it is, a rough guide line on how much Dota you have played. It is screwed up with Battle Bonuses though.

Here is the loot list for the Summer Chest:
"Flying Desolation" "1"
"Twin Serpent Bow" "1"
"Raven Scythe" "1"
"Headdress of the Protector" "1"
"Wavecutter" "1"
"Evildoer" "1"
"Aghanim's Basher" "1"
"Nature's Grip" "1"
"Meat Dragger" "1"
"Stone Infusion" "1"
"Shadowshards" "1"
"Spine Splitter" "1"

Looks like Shadowshards is a set of Riki blades, so you don't have to try and find both, which is nice.

Also, most heroes have set enemies for the last hit challenge valve is working on. Like Anti Mage will go up against Bounty Hunter, Phantom Lancer has to deal with Juggernaut, Tiny has to face Earth Shaker.

Haly

Maybe just experience level? Its what it is, a rough guide line on how much Dota you have played. It is screwed up with Battle Bonuses though.

Wins are a better measure of "experience", and even that is flawed.

If they want to have a "level" indicator then they'll need public stats, and it seems like they're against public stats so...

Some massive cognitive dissonance on this front.

shira

Here is the loot list for the Summer chest
C'mon ethereal flame shagbark. Mama needs a new car

Looks like Shadowshards is a set of Riki blades, so you don't have to try and find both, which is nice.

Also, most heroes have set enemies for the last hit challenge valve is working on. Like Anti Mage will go up against Bounty Hunter, Phantom Lancer has to deal with Juggernaut, Tiny has to face Earth Shaker.

Hmm I guess that concept art DP headdress won't be Arcana... unless they stick it in a crate

Ocho

Anyone can guide a complete newbie on what options to choose for my compendium? I want to have a shot on items and without help I'll probably won't.

Anteo

My brother (jamjam) - forever stuck in low tier. Godspeed little guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3do_mmoJu0

He's good but needs a group like hongaf to roll with

Nah man, his enemy is just bad =P

But really, Puck didn0t silence? did it even have silence? I guess he didnt because I don't see any spacing coming from invoker.

Edit: Btw, what your brother did with the sun strike reminds me of a friend of mine. He used to play with us but his skill level was low compared(key word, not saying we were gods) to us. In matches when we were facilng enemies with skillshoots, enemies would often have to guess where woudl be move to hit us. THEY ALWAYS MISSED ON HIM becuase he didnt even thing about dodging. It was so hiliarous that we named doing that move (not even trying to dodge) after him. Kind of the same for the sun strike, many places to go back but he choose the same path he walked.

Hylian7

Nah man, his enemy is just bad =P

But really, Puck didn0t silence? did it even have silence? I guess he didnt because I don't see any spacing coming from invoker.

It had two points in silence, refused to use it for some reason. All he had to do was hit W...

Edit: I'm remembering the video wrong, one point in silence. It still stands though, all he had to do was hit W.

Anteo

It had two points in silence, refused to use it for some reason. All he had to do was hit W...

Edit: I'm remembering the video wrong, one point in silence. It still stands though, all he had to do was hit W.

Well is odd for a invoker to be initiated by a walking puck and not even try to space the silence, puck had orb too so walking back would be usefull giving more time to dodge the orb and then hit back while canceling the backswing and keeping the distance to put presure on the retreating puck and insert more thecnical stuff because yes.
He is just like fighting a creep :lol

Looks like i'm back in to the trench, or can i blame the influx of new players? Every game, more and more south american players, every game I hit random hero, every game 5 man all carry teams.

Looks like i'm back in to the trench, or can i blame the influx of new players? Every game, more and more south american players, every game I hit random hero, every game 5 man all carry teams.

I've been noticing that as well lately...looks like I'm going to have to play more within my guilds..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom