• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clawww

17 win Riki claims mid, gets 5 last hits in 10 minutes and dies three times

meanwhile I'm disconnecting constantly because the game hasn't updated or some shit, so I get an abandon

now I'm in LPP, salty as shit

LIFE SUX

Looks like beta players might get something

""For those who came before and sang the word and gathering friends began their crusade, the light of gratitude swirls within the stone.""

Bloodstone of the Precursor, Bloodstone of the Ancestor, Bloodstone of the Founder

Bloodstone of the Ancestor, Tracks the date you started playing Dota 2 and evolves.

Level 1
1hoCQFE.png

Level 2
bloodstone2.a60d405791e21868fce9cec3a90f0fb71488b1e7.png

Level 3
bloodstone3.bcb46e3c595ce3946cb30ca2ef30274c2682dd07.png

PhaZZe

Banned
Dota 2 is officially launching. In order to ensure the best possible experience for new and existing players, there may be a short wait for you to download the game. Visit the Dota 2 Launch page for more information about how the release process works.

not sure if it was before in store page

BeesEight

Bloodstone of the Ancestor, Tracks the date you started playing Dota 2 and evolves.

That level three looks neat but I'll never get it. Too lazy to grind out whatever progress Valve wants from me.

Unless it's just like... for living. Because I'm cool with that. Unfortunately, got in late to the beta so it'll be level 1 anyway.

Hmm, maybe I should have given all my extra invites to that Dota 2 bot. Since apparently the level of your bloodstone is based on how many you traded away (or so the FAQ says). Never really had the opportunity to give to someone truly in need though since by the time I got extra invites (after acquiring one from someone else) we had already pretty much gotten to the saturation point.

That level three looks neat but I'll never get it. Too lazy to grind out whatever progress Valve wants from me.

Unless it's just like... for living. Because I'm cool with that. Unfortunately, got in late to the beta so it'll be level 1 anyway.

I might be wrong though. From the FAQ:

What happens to my unused Dota 2 Early Access Passes?
Everyone who participated in the Early Access phase will receive a special edition pass that indicates how many new players they brought to Dota 2 by trading Early Access Passes. Existing Early Access Passes will go away.

Gav47

What happens to my unused Dota 2 Early Access Passes?
Everyone who participated in the Early Access phase will receive a special edition pass that indicates how many new players they brought to Dota 2 by trading Early Access Passes. Existing Early Access Passes will go away.

Fuck, I'm guessing thats what the bloodstone is, should have spammed out those invites.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Hmm, maybe I should have given all my extra invites to that Dota 2 bot. Since apparently the level of your bloodstone is based on how many you traded away (or so the FAQ says). Never really had the opportunity to give to someone truly in need though since by the time I got extra invites (after acquiring one from someone else) we had already pretty much gotten to the saturation point.

I don't think the bot would have done anything for the Bloodstone. It's based on how many people started playing because of your invite. So it counts individual people you gave an invite.

bounchfx

I'm not disappointed but it is strange. No spectacle or nothing.

to be fair, they can't just 'let everyone in', so it'd be kinda shitty to have a bigger 'spectacle' and then need to wait a week for your email.

that being said, it's been available as a beta for a long ass time and was super easy to find an invite if you actually had any desire to play.

to be fair, they can't just 'let everyone in', so it'd be kinda shitty to have a bigger 'spectacle' and then need to wait a week for your email.

that being said, it's been available as a beta for a long ass time and was super easy to find an invite if you actually had any desire to play.

There should at least be a new trailer or something though. It's the International 2 Winner ceremony all over again.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
lol what a lame way to kick it off. No heroes, no trailer, no build up. Holiday game modes get more fanfare than this.

I'm sure they're sticking to their update schedule and there will be some big announcements tomorrow.

Or Valve will just Valve. I don't care either way this doesn't affect how I play.

lol what a lame way to kick it off. No heroes, no trailer, no build up. Holiday game modes get more fanfare than this.

Well, it really isn't that big of a deal. The only difference is that you don't need an invite, but invites were super easy to come by anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom