• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanavi

its not like im going to waste a precious gg branch slot on the something like a TP

I call it the "remember your roots" build. Even though we're rich as fuck we carry a gg branch and stout shield around to remind us of our humble beginnings.

Does anyone think it would be funny that if Rubick steals Siren song.. the audio which would play would be the voice actor for Rubick humming/singing the song really out of tune?

Boken

Banned
Wut you need to ward Dr. Nashor so the enemy doesn't Nash first.

iRCNllmh57FYd.gif

the fuck

Lotto

I just had one of the best comebacks ever, and it was with Doom! Finally figured out how to jungle with him. That SK was pretty mad by the end, I kept him on lockdown with my doom all the time. Anyways, this graph should show just how bad we were down. We were basically down all tier 1 towers without any tier 1's of our own by 30 minutes into the game but we managed to pick them off and win our teamfights slowly but surely.

shira

I just had one of the best comebacks ever, and it was with Doom! Finally figured out how to jungle with him. That SK was pretty mad by the end, I kept him on lockdown with my doom all the time. Anyways, this graph should show just how bad we were down. We were basically down all tier 1 towers without any tier 1's of our own by 30 minutes into the game but we managed to pick them off and win our teamfights slowly but surely.

Were you scrimming with EG?
GGWP

Acinixys

What's your favourite HUD, Dota 2 topic?

I like Gear Tooth even though I'm pretty ambivalent about Clockwerk. It looks nice and subtle.

TI3 Valor and Default

All others are 100% shit and look cheap

On another note, Timber is just so good. Since his buff hes got to be one of the best gankers in the game.
Chased a Weaver from my T1 mid to his T3 top and finally got the kill, even though he used his Shukuchi about 10 times and juked like a mofo

PS: If anyone wants the whole Team Liquid team for their compendium, ill trade all 5 cards for 1 rare out the new chest :D

Soule

Doom is a mad dawg, one of my favourite carries and has my best stats according to Dotabuff. Congrats on that huge comeback!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
So Legion Waifu and the new Viper model today, yes? I'm sure Valve wants to 'lock down' the game before TI3 and make it as stable as possible.

Soule

What is happening with Dota tonight, shit is cray cray. Been looking for a match for about 40 min now between trading for cards, continuously losing connection to the network as well. Maybe they're getting me my immortal item for the compendium?

What's up with matchmaking, wait time was coming as 11 minutes +

After rotating through a few heroes (Sandking sucks, Dragon Knight sucks, Lion sucks*) I think I might try and stick with Viper. He has awesome abilities (spamming that slow) and item builds are all about increasing his attack speed etc. so it's not overly complex for a newcomer like me.

*they probably don't suck, just I didn't enjoy my matches with them.

Soule

What's up with matchmaking, wait time was coming as 11 minutes +

After rotating through a few heroes (Sandking sucks, Dragon Knight sucks, Lion sucks*) I think I might try and stick with Viper. He has awesome abilities (spamming that slow) and item builds are all about increasing his attack speed etc. so it's not overly complex for a newcomer like me.

*they probably don't suck, just I didn't enjoy my matches with them.

I always tell my mates who are starting if they want to try a carry to try viper or drow, couple of my mates starting out have had MASSIVE breakout games with Viper. Great carry for new players, Most don't really recommend a carry for beginners but I think anyone can do well and have fun with him.

I always tell my mates who are starting if they want to try a carry to try viper or drow, couple of my mates starting out have had MASSIVE breakout games with Viper. Great carry for new players, Most don't really recommend a carry for beginners but I think anyone can do well and have fun with him.

Yeah, I was looking at Drow too. Granted I only tried Viper against bots, but I found myself getting a LOT of assists just through using my slow during team fights. That was without really thinking of a strategy either, so hopefully next match will be even better.

Edit: Wait times now up to 15 minutes :|

BraXzy

Random thought, but imagine if only a select few people get the other courier upgrades, and it is done based on who scores the most points in the compendium guesses. Or the fantasy teams.

"We have some problems with wait times in the high skill range. We're working on it and should have it resolved in a day or two."

I'm in the high skill range?
More proof that the matchmaking is broken then as I've been teamed up with some utter mouthbreathers and some really green players today. (including a spirit breaker who did not level bash and was grateful for all advice we gave him)

edit: is the Matchmaking broken for all regions or? I gave up after a 20 minute queue on EU west

yarden24

I'm in the high skill range?
More proof that the matchmaking is broken then as I've been teamed up with some utter mouthbreathers and some really green players today. (including a spirit breaker who did not level bash and was grateful for all advice we gave him)

edit: is the Matchmaking broken for all regions or? I gave up after a 20 minute queue on EU west

eh if you are new then you are not in high skill range, takes quite a while to get there

MgxZKBi.png

Everybody on the wagon now....paradise awaits! A-God and E-God
and sing
will take us to the promised lands!

I keep getting disconnected from dota2.

eh if you are new then you are not in high skill range, takes quite a while to get there

I've 700 games played, but brand new (not smurfs, genuinly new) players end up in matches all the same, as do completely worthless players.
It just seems like a completely random mix. (which makes it even more baffling that it takes so long).

Matchmaking remains my one gripe with dota, I hate it in every game.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Some guy in the Dota Dev Forums had a pretty neat idea.

They way Valve could easily achieve the last strech goal, is by offering International 3 Chest + Keys, which add like 20-50% of their cost to the price pool.

That + the ongoing compendium sales should make the last goal easily achievable. And with that, we also get Techies.

Boken

Banned
Tell me about it.

Getting matched up against 100+, 500+, 200+ wins opponents at least 2 times every night.

And I've only got about 30 games worth of experience.

i never check how many wins my opponents have

its like youre looking for an excuse for why youve lost instead of looking at what you couldve done better

moba players have a tendency to blame external factors a lot ill tell you that. hence why theres so much rage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom