• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price on dota2lounge is down to 1-2 keys for a lure/dye if you want.

I'm tempted to buy for the dye since I'm fairly close to the lure. I also shudder to think what Valve will make us do for the smeevil mammoth and smeevil bird (I want them all damnit)

JustinBB7

972054_479216175501374_1161469226_n.jpg

LGD-Girls line-up:
叶梓萱 "yoyiki.Una" (Manager)
赵洁 "Leah" (Captain)
李静媛 "Mint"
胡雅菁 "MiAO"
蒋琦 "rAnee"
姜雪 "Peach"

Well if they are up to par with the other LGD teams... I can dig it!

What were the five melee? (And what did the other team have?)

Ogre Magi, Magnus, Alchemist, Nyx Assassin, Dark Seer

Against

Witch Doctor, Slark, Skeleton King, Razor and Ancient Apparition

Nyx rage quit at level 4 and Alchemist put no points in stun, fun game

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, your team comp can actually work pretty well (3 Spamable Stuns, 1 goes though magic immunity, Dark Seer in general), you just needed to make sure the slark didn't get an early advantage.

The dev forums seem to exist entirely for bitching

yes

They harbor like 10 actually helpful and intelligent people, and then thousands upon thousands of people who can barely type English sentences, despite it being their first and only language, about how the mute system is worse than hitler.

Nokterian

Sooo last matches went pretty horrible..the last one the worst though.

Spirit Breaker doing rosh with Invoker aaand SB using his MoM on rosh..yeah..smart right?

Hylian7

I have never understood the complaints about the matchmaking. As I've occasionally seen trench teammates and complain about them, it is not every single game though. The matchmaking seems fine and the matches usually seem fair. There are flukes where it's way off, but it's not that often.

I also rarely get people that speak a different language and don't communicate too.

n0b

I'd always get random if there weren't a handful of heroes in the pool I absolutely don't want to play.

grrr

I do it and just tell everybody get ready for fun losing times. Unless of course somebody wants it. Some of my most hated characters I really get a craving to play sometimes when I random them, and then about 5 minutes in I remember why I hate them.

Is there a trick to Abadon? He seems very sturdy but I had problems dishing out damage. Is crystalis viable on him?

Abaddon is such a versatile hero that he can be played in many different ways. Personally, I take advantage of the fact that he's great at stalling and redirecting focus. His kit includes two spells that typically cause people to avoid hitting him (Aphotic Shield, Borrowed Time); I like to throw Blade Mail on there for an extra 4.5 seconds of stall time. Additionally, I tend to build Refresher Orb after Blade Mail and Phase Boots are completed to double my stall time overall. With Blade Mail and Borrowed Time alone, you have 19 seconds of controlling focus.

Building him like this accomplishes two things: 1) Gives him a tank-like presence without actually building like a tank. 2) Supplements his damage immensely. (Refresher Orb, Blade Mail, and Phase Boots all provide great damage for their cost.) I find this to be the best compromise in terms of dealing damage while still maintaining durability. Keeping in mind that this is how I personally build him (with great success, might I add), Phase Boots are still core and should never, ever be passed up for other boots. You need the additional speed to initate well or just to get off your passive, whereas the damage just speaks for itself.

Addressing your question: Crystalis is meh on him. Building pure damage really doesn't do much for Abaddon. If you go for any damage, you'll need utility paired with it, similar to the build aforementioned. Personally, I try to avoid all items that are dependent on chance. (I feel like every time the crit doesn't proc, my spent gold was wasted.) Hope that helps.

P.S. This is coming from a 3-month noob player.

Nokterian

Totally forgot to tell this though. I bought Shaggybarku! :D Such a awesome courier! And also Defense Grid Announcer pack. So some positive news from the bad matches tonight.

Deadstar

Abaddon is such a versatile hero that he can be played in many different ways. Personally, I take advantage of the fact that he's great at stalling and redirecting focus. His kit includes two spells that typically cause people to avoid hitting him (Aphotic Shield, Borrowed Time); I like to throw Blade Mail on there for an extra 4.5 seconds of stall time. Additionally, I tend to build Refresher Orb after Blade Mail and Phase Boots are completed to double my stall time overall. With Blade Mail and Borrowed Time alone, you have 19 seconds of controlling focus.

Building him like this accomplishes two things: 1) Gives him a tank-like presence without actually building like a tank. 2) Supplements his damage immensely. (Refresher Orb, Blade Mail, and Phase Boots all provide great damage for their cost.) I find this to be the best compromise in terms of dealing damage while still maintaining durability. Keeping in mind that this is how I personally build him (with great success, might I add), Phase Boots are still core and should never, ever be passed up for other boots. You need the additional speed to initate well or just to get off your passive, whereas the damage just speaks for itself.

Addressing your question: Crystalis is meh on him. Building pure damage really doesn't do much for Abaddon. If you go for any damage, you'll need utility paired with it, similar to the build aforementioned. Personally, I try to avoid all items that are dependent on chance. (I feel like every time the crit doesn't proc, my spent gold was wasted.) Hope that helps.

This is really good info. You're right, blade mail seems like it would work great on him. I will try that next game. Thanks!

Anteo

Well Critical uses a pseudo random distribution so that makes sure you are not wasting money on that item.

Also abby's spell allow him to stall the death of allies enough so they can be effective on battle, supports included: A 5 sec cooldown heal with huge range and a 6 sec cooldown shield that removes debufs so a stuned/silenced unit can go back on action right away and also adds 200 extra hp to go through. The low cd means that those can be spammed on battle both to save allies/kill enemies (the 800 range on Mist coil takes many people for surprise)

That is what makes him a versatile hero, he can be the one on action with Shield/Sword and Ult, or be the healer of the team with coil/shield/ult. Ultimate allows him to survive longer than most healers and recover HP even if he is not under enemy fire (just use coil). Add a mekans to that and maybe a pipe and you have a great hero at making anyone survive long enough in fights.

In my case, I prefer the healer build, is much more fun for me to screw with players like that, like a game 2 weeks ago (that for some reason have already expired) a NP tried to tp in the back of our push and kill the drow with dagon/ult/righclicks (and managed to do it when I was not around). A shield and /or heal and he didnt get the kill and now is in a really really bad position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom