• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

JC Sera

You were promoting the true GOTY tho, so that makes up for it.
n7k9tbb.png

Very, very poorly.

I have so many undertale reaction images saved
I really need to draw non-spoiler art for my icon

Strider

how do you think solo dota 8:30 on a tuesday morning would go]

Shit.

That's usually when I play and a big reason I haven't played this patch... Person I usually queue with doesn't have a pc right now.

Solo q in general is just a way worse experience regardless of the time.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Just played Spectre for the first time in a long time (didn't do anything noteworthy since our Huskar carried that game hard) and I gotta say the new desolate buff makes her so much better, she can now catch up in farm if things don't go well in lane so easily now.

hmmm, a hero that's supposed to be dependent on a good laning phase getting the ability to recover from a bad laning phase.......where have i heard this before??? does icefraud learn nothing??

Hylian7

hmmm, a hero that's supposed to be dependent on a good laning phase getting the ability to recover from a bad laning phase.......where have i heard this before??? does icefraud learn nothing??
Nothing wrong with that, she used to be the only carry with no bad laning phase recovery mechanism

DrPizza

Banned
Doesn't this work with skadi as well? the slow can't be purged AFAIK.

Yeah but the point of veil is that it's AoE. You don't need to be able to identify the original PL in the first place.

In contrast, things like Razor's static link debuff or Bane's enfeeble debuff both need the original hero to be identified to start with.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
they need to revert oracle's ult to the 6.83 version. it clearly hasn't worked and it knocked 6% off his winrate.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Once Kunkka becomes standard mid hero, I'll take him on the #boatto5k.

I need to learn how to play Kunkka so I can get ahead of the curve when that happens.

cast your combo, do one right click, and end up with no mana. Then act like a child lost in the mall for the rest of the teamfight.

that's how I play kunkka and I feel like it's how the hero was designed

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wonder if we'll reach hero parity before ES gets added to CM.

If there was a hero guilty of burden of knowledge, it's Oracle.

I feel burdened just thinking about how his skills work together. I'll take Invoker any day.

DrPizza

Banned
they need to revert oracle's ult to the 6.83 version. it clearly hasn't worked and it knocked 6% off his winrate.

I'm not sure why 6.85 nerfed Oracle even further, unless high level play is somehow showing that the hero is OP?

I suspect that core Oracle probably is OP, mind you.

Yes it did

Because it was broken

broken as in a disorganized team got destroyed by it. Oracle has pretty clear counterplay and takes more precise execution than most heroes, which helps to balance it out. **Not to mention the burden of knowledge Haly mentioned

Should've nerfed his disarm and stats/BAT and left his ult the way it was.

tbh he should've been in CM last patch. no idea why he still isn't.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm not sure why 6.85 nerfed Oracle even further, unless high level play is somehow showing that the hero is OP?

I suspect that core Oracle probably is OP, mind you.

they buffed him in 6.85, his WR hasn't changed at all yet

Broken heroes can have low winrates believe it or not

Oracle best skill right now is his nuke imo. Ult is underwhelming most of the time, because right now DOTA is so full of burst damage, it ends being a death sentence or nothing at all from my experience with it.

What was the buff? I remember the nerf--no more damage amp, debuffs regularly purgable. What got buffed?

Buffed in the way that your teammate Oracle will not disarm and you die to burst physical damage. :)))))))

Oh and some miliseconds on his heal/nuke thingy.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Broken heroes can have low winrates believe it or not
i guess i'll have to take your word for it over the masses of data :/
What was the buff? I remember the nerf--no more damage amp, debuffs regularly purgable. What got buffed?

Fortune's End cast time reduced from 0.3 to 0
Fortune's End cast range increased from 650 to 850
Fortune's End radius increased from 215 to 300
Fortune's End damage rescaled from 75/150/225/300 to 90/120/150/180
Fortune's End cooldown rescaled from 12 to 15/12/9/6
Fate's Edict no longer amplifies incoming non-magical damage
Fate's Edict now has normal purgability rules
Purifying Flames cooldown reduced from 2.5 to 2.25

DrPizza

Banned
Fortune's End cast time reduced from 0.3 to 0
Fortune's End cast range increased from 650 to 850
Fortune's End radius increased from 215 to 300
Fortune's End damage rescaled from 75/150/225/300 to 90/120/150/180
Fortune's End cooldown rescaled from 12 to 15/12/9/6
Fate's Edict no longer amplifies incoming non-magical damage
Fate's Edict now has normal purgability rules
Purifying Flames cooldown reduced from 2.5 to 2.25

So Fate's Edict massively nerfed, Fortune's End a pretty mixed bag (you can squeeze out a bit more damage in a bit less time, but at a higher mana cost), and a pretty negligible buff to Purifying Flames.

I'd much rather have old Oracle tbh.

The channel-Q, E-to-break-channel, <optional Dagon>, W then right click combo was great fun. I've not played enough with the new ult to get a good feel for it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i propose an oracle remake

Q - nuke

deals 300 damage to the enemy target

W - disarm

disarms the enemy target for 3 seconds

E - heal

heals the allied hero for 400 hp

R - protect

the allied hero takes no damage for six seconds (10 minute cooldown)

G.ZZZ

I'm seriously considering dodging. Every single time i play in average 5k games i fucking lose fukcing shit 4ks. Can't support them to win at all.

shira

Dota TV Tickets
The Summit 4 | 25% of all sales go towards the prize pool
Black Fyre Amateur Series - 2015
NQ Dota 2 League Season # 2
ASUS ROG DreamLeague Season 4 | free to spectate
SLTV Star Series 13 | free to spectate
UGC Dota2 League Season 5 - Prelims | free to spectate
Patch up

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Sucks, appears the IHL ticket is just stuck in limbo and won't be added at this point. Tusr submitted everything over 3 weeks ago and published the ticket way earlier than the 15 days in advance that they require, and for all we know, everything appeared to be in order.

Then there's also this little tidbit from the ticket submission guidlines: "Leagues will receive an automatic rejection or acceptance e-mail the week prior to their event starting. Please do not contact Steam Support regarding the status of your league ticket." Tusr didn't get a rejection or acceptance email
. It's pretty frustrating especially when other amateur tickets are being added every week.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Sucks, appears the IHL ticket is just stuck in limbo and won't be added at this point. Tusr submitted everything over 3 weeks ago and published the ticket way earlier than the 15 days in advance that they require, and for all we know, everything appeared to be in order.

Then there's also this little tidbit from the ticket submission guidlines: "Leagues will receive an automatic rejection or acceptance e-mail the week prior to their event starting. Please do not contact Steam Support regarding the status of your league ticket." Tusr didn't get a rejection or acceptance email
. It's pretty frustrating especially when other amateur tickets are being added every week.

that's fucking annoying. just email them imo, it says you should have received an email a week before the league and you didn't.

Top Bottom