• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

i guess i'll have to take your word for it over the masses of data :/

No, you're just not accounting for variables. I'll say maybe 1 in 10 players can play Visage, Meepo, Chen, Enchantress, and any other Micro-reliant Hero well. So that means a majority of people playing it don't have the aptitude required, an probably contribute almost nothing in a match which results in a loss. Does that mean the heroes bad because an unskilled player cannot adequately use it? No.

The Win Rate list is skewed heavily by low skill matches. Think that can't be? Why is Wraith King still in the top 10 despite being one of the most easily countered heroes in the game? Abaddon and Omniknight are the 2 highest despite being middle of the pack at best. The Win Rate list skews heavily towards survivable heroes--because bad players have more room for error. You're almost better off sorting by Pick Rate than Win Rate, because nobody really wants to pick a shitty hero. There will always be a few niche picks (Wisp, Brood), but a lot of them are just underwhelming heroes (Shadow Demon, Bane).

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
No, you're just not accounting for variables. I'll say maybe 1 in 10 players can play Visage, Meepo, Chen, Enchantress, and any other Micro-reliant Hero well. So that means a majority of people playing it don't have the aptitude required, an probably contribute almost nothing in a match which results in a loss. Does that mean the heroes bad because an unskilled player cannot adequately use it? No.

The Win Rate list is skewed heavily by low skill matches. Think that can't be? Why is Wraith King still in the top 10 despite being one of the most easily countered heroes in the game? Abaddon and Omniknight are the 2 highest despite being middle of the pack at best. The Win Rate list skews heavily towards survivable heroes--because bad players have more room for error. You're almost better off sorting by Pick Rate than Win Rate, because nobody really wants to pick a shitty hero. There will always be a few niche picks (Wisp, Brood), but a lot of them are just underwhelming heroes (Shadow Demon, Bane).

okay i'll sort by pick rate

oracle - 108th

okay :/

Hylian7

tarrasque or skadi for spectre? which one is better?

Depends on what you have and what you need.

Raw HP: Heart
Stats, you have a Manta, or need some kind of better chasing mechanism (if your Diffusal is out of charges if you got one, or are trying to kill two birds with one stone): Skadi

I would say with how good Disperson is now, I like Heart better, but you can definitely make a case for Skadi as well. Really depends on the game and what you need.

t0rment

fuck this game. just played with a wr that went helm and maelstrom. dont know how people this dumb manage to breathe.

skadi is hilarious on reSpectHer if you expect a lot of 1-on-1 fighting; nobody can withstand that + manta, you can just cackle as they die

heart is against AoE folks

Putting my chips on ET, fuck the haters.

ugh, end me

let me buy you a cake or something for your birthday unless you don't like cake, in which case idk

Hylian7

skadi is hilarious on reSpectHer if you expect a lot of 1-on-1 fighting; nobody can withstand that + manta, you can just cackle as they die

heart is against AoE folks

ugh, end me

let me buy you a cake or something for your birthday unless you don't like cake, in which case idk

Heart is good against heavy nuke in general. I've watched people screw themselves over because of dispersion both last patch, and even moreso this patch.

visage slays, buff visage

visage is coming

the visage/ET/encan'tress meta is nigh, beware haters
Visage was already owning with just a Solar Crest.
BabyRage.png

Hylian7

spectre is 6.84's storm spirit, she doesn't even care about losing in lane any more.

She still needs time to get items, and is still succeptible to losing games that are ended quickly. Even though I've been winning a ton of Spectre, and as much as I champion the hero, she still has that weakness and I imagine always will.

Thanks Obama for this shitty patch

I only won with PA because my team was clearly 2K MMR above the enemy

P
spectre-what.gif
I
spectre-what.gif
C
spectre-what.gif
K
spectre-what.gif

H
spectre-what.gif
E
spectre-what.gif
R
spectre-what.gif

Sianos

spectre is 6.84's storm spirit, she doesn't even care about losing in lane any more.
a poor laning phase still heavily delays her items and you can capitalize on her early weakness to gain map control and choke her off from any farm

it's just now you have to do more than just send four magic users to her lane and spam spells and orbs at her and instantly win the game because she can't recover

she still has a pretty poor laning ability and is weak to aggressive dual and trilanes. and she jungles nowhere near as fast as storm

let me have a patch where the strategy isn't migrating to the lane of the person farming the best and hurling spells at them ;_____;

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Anyone play a lot of earthshaker? I just played a game and the Level 1 enchant totem animation felt incredibly slow. I know putting levels into it doesn't make him cast it any faster but i only noticed it when it was Level 1. I of course have no way of testing this.

t0rment

i'm not even playing dota anymore. farming patterns and last hits doesn't matter, just pick good laners and fight fight fight, 5 man everywhere. might was well play league, at least there's surrender there.

Hylian7

Anyone play a lot of earthshaker? I just played a game and the Level 1 enchant totem animation felt incredibly slow. I know putting levels into it doesn't make him cast it any faster but i only noticed it when it was Level 1. I of course have no way of testing this.
Are you sure it's not your attack being slow on the attack after Enchant?

Manus

The best thing about Visage is playing him against clueless people with him. When I solo queue Visage I always start support, but turn into a carry by people not realizing how much damage he does.

Low Tier
hey guys i won as troll warlord! imo he is very underrat hero in this meta b/c very strong ultimate make all team right click strong! ! very good so suport can kill spectre haunt illusion, and make ur mid so strong like position 1!

i think he will be imba pik, if troll had funny animate face on forum i would post here

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1828132173

is lik icefrog did not nerf this hero enuff for 683 i told u troll was imba ! !

Pratfall

i'm not even playing dota anymore. farming patterns and last hits doesn't matter, just pick good laners and fight fight fight, 5 man everywhere. might was well play league, at least there's surrender there.

given how positive you have been about dota in the past, this is a very surprising thing to hear

pompidu

This game was very very different before the rubberband mechanic was introduced.

Making an epic comeback and win before that patch was so god damn satisfying.

TUSR

Banned
hey guys i won as troll warlord! imo he is very underrat hero in this meta b/c very strong ultimate make all team right click strong! ! very good so suport can kill spectre haunt illusion, and make ur mid so strong like position 1!

i think he will be imba pik, if troll had funny animate face on forum i would post here

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1828132173

is lik icefrog did not nerf this hero enuff for 683 i told u troll was imba ! !

would you say

hes op?

let QUEEN have Her moment, She deserved it after the heteronormative patriarchal bullshit of spinlords and mexicans

also: buff chen

side note - WinteR >>>>>>> your faves

Top Bottom