• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Hylian7

I haven't followed the Alchemist craze much, what skill build are people using? I could see arguments for maxing Greed or Acid first.

pompidu

Didn't realize how op shadow strike is since i never usually use qop and never really see her often. 200dmg level 1 ability is insane.wow

JC Sera

I haven't followed the Alchemist craze much, what skill build are people using? I could see arguments for maxing Greed or Acid first.
Most common is value point in Greed for bounty runes & farm, and then max Acid. Its a great farming and zoning tool.

Demoli

In honor of my ihl captain getting banned I have a zelda code to share, reply to this if you want it.

Assuming its not region locked i'll gladly take it!.

Also guys, check the humble capcom bundle, Strider alone makes it worth it, its soooooo good.

Kade

It's true but no one will listen. People have been shittalking underperforming pros since the dawn of sports and competition and it's not going to stop soon. People only think a team sucks compared to other teams in the same bracket rather than within the evergrowing pool of all Dota players, and I think it's fine to have and express that opinion if the numbers and performances support it. Some people just express it too freely and/or don't express it in an intelligent manner.

i'm surprised we haven't seen a warlock pickup in alch meta, he'd only have to work on a refresher then

hush.gif
give it time

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I still have a soft spot for s4 and I know he's trying but damn if he hasn't fallen from grace within a single year on Secret.

aeolist

Banned
I still have a soft spot for s4 and I know he's trying but damn if he hasn't fallen from grace within a single year on Secret.

i think he actually played pretty similarly on secret, it's just that his team was better able to back him up and take advantage of the space he made

i mean i love alliance but his supporting cast isn't nearly as good as it used to be

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well the way I see it, he was already on the decline while on Secret... This Alliance 2.0 thing is just the aftermath.

Life is Strange in 7 days boyos.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
to me atm it kind of feels like heroes with long cd, big teamfight abilities (enigma, tidehunter) are a little sidelined in the current meta where teamfights happen quite often

what could icefrog do about this in future patches to make these heroes viable again?

can we please get a meta that's slower at the beginning and faster at the end? Like I know everyone like to constantly fight but shit it's so boring to play a hard carry in this meta

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
can we please get a meta that's slower at the beginning and faster at the end? Like I know everyone like to constantly fight but shit it's so boring to play a hard carry in this meta

?

one of the hardest carries in the game, spectre, is quite viable in pubs at the moment

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Spectre is boring as shit

and I don't mean that HCs aren't viable. They're just not very engaging to me specifically.

i don't understand what you're asking then, it seems like what you want is a game pace where everyone comes online more quickly?

i don't understand what you're asking then, it seems like what you want is a game pace where everyone comes online more quickly?

more like where it takes a similar amount of time to come online, but early fighting/aggression/etc. isn't as rewarded. Farming in this meta isn't enjoyable as a farm-dependent hero that doesn't have a reliable way to deal with the early aggression (say, weaver vs gyro).

Bad alchs are the worst shit. Farm up a bunch of net worth and then feed it all to the enemy. End game with a ton of attack speed and no bash or damage or chain lightnings.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
god i am bad at dota
no wonderp eople play farming mids
even if you paly a ganking hero if all lanes lose and you cant gank without +1 and +1 never shows i guess you just lose
also im horrible at dota i guess
also wards are important
so is pressing R on heroes

Mordeccai

Someday I will no longer be a junior member

Also when will I get time to play dota again I really miss it

1) DO NOT SHIT POST it isn't too hard to make 300 decent posts

2) When you are full member DO NOT MAKE STUPID TROLL / ATTENTION WHORING THREADS or you will go right back to junior status

3) literally do everything the opposite of how Shugga rager does. No idea how he is not perma banned yet.

It appears if you make 100 more regular posts, you will become a full member on 11/30. Your time will come soon!

Ice cold dreams.
iceburn.gif

damn it man. I didn't know who you were. Add me again. Next time someone asks you what's up, identify yourself! my fl is full 99% of the time and I have to do sweeps of "pending" requests just to make room for more. life is hard when you're the chocolate delight.

Hylian7

When using a midas on a jungle creep do you midas the little creep or the big creep?

Before 16, big one, after, littlest one you can.

You get more XP for Midased creeps, so you want the big ones to get to 16 as fast as you can. After 16 you want the little ones to make more gold.

I'd argue that if you get a very early midas on a hero that scales really well with gold and has an effective way to kill big creeps, midasing the little creep isn't such a bad thing. Midas seems to have fallen out of favour on that sort of hero, however, so it's a bit of a moot point.

Top Bottom