• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Sorry for going extremely off-topic but I've seen some people discuss 3DS games here so I thought I'd ask. The new 3ds runs games that only have the original 3ds label right?

On topic: The change to helix proc (on hit rather than on attack) really killed Axe... He's easily bottom 10 now.
New 3ds plays all 3ds games. There's no disadvantage unless you care about pixel density above all else, to the detriment of a better screen and hardware.

The_Poet

Banned

Answers like this annoy me.

There is a counter to every strategy/combo.

The reason he claims its annoying is because you cant ignore it. You have to go bkb which is money you could have spent elsewhere on damage/support items. Effective combos and strategies force you into doing things you wouldn't ordinarily do, meaning that your own strategy is not being utilised.

inkls

The reason he claims its annoying is because you cant ignore it. You have to go bkb which is money you could have spent elsewhere on damage/support items. Effective combos and strategies force you into doing things you wouldn't ordinarily do, meaning that your own strategy is not being utilised.

I mean, if you want to remove silences, theres also manta, guardian grieves, lotus, diffusal, eul's.

The_Poet

Banned
I mean, if you want to remove silences, theres also manta, guardian grieves, lotus, diffusal, eul's.

Im talking more broadly about strategy discussion, someone says there's a good combo and a reply is always "Just pick/buy x". You can say that about literally everything in the game, its worthless

M.D

anyone else has this problem where the game freezes for 10-15 seconds when you try to bring up the menu while being in-game/spectating? didn't happen before, maybe it's the latest update

Well that's just how the game works, if you could always have it your way how could the game be fun, in the given example a hero like Spectre could just ignore the silences and still be useful, that's why the drafting is so decisive in the flow of the game. You always have to adapt to the circumstances.

H13

I just realised
teamsecret.gg website never been updated. like ever.
misc-fEEd.png
ohhh.png

Red UFO

Im talking more broadly about strategy discussion, someone says there's a good combo and a reply is always "Just pick/buy x". You can say that about literally everything in the game, its worthless

What an awful thing to complain about. The intricacies of Dota come from playing against certain combos and match-ups, and dealing with them accordingly, whether it be through playing in a different style or itemizing differently or both.

you dont even need to tp, just walk away. if you stay and fight during global and DP ult you have other dota problems.

What if there's an objective there? This sounds a lot like lose all objectives until you have items, which could just mean you're too behind to win.

Hope you have good split push!

Pratfall

What if there's an objective there? This sounds a lot like lose all objectives until you have items, which could just mean you're too behind to win.

Hope you have good split push!

shit, you are right. nvm, just snap concede as soon as the opposing team selects the OP combo of dp and silencer.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
When I see Brood on the other team I shut off the computer then cry myself to sleep in the corner of the room.

Wok

anyone else has this problem where the game freezes for 10-15 seconds when you try to bring up the menu while being in-game/spectating? didn't happen before, maybe it's the latest update

You might want to try:

One of the following fixed it for me:

Enable streamlined push to talk. You can find this in the Reborn Audio settings.
Exclude the Dota 2 and Steam folders from Windows Defender.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comm...second_lag_freezes_every_1530_minutes/cvxyc09

The problem is different but the fix worked for your problem and the other.

Top Bottom